Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 04-16-2013, 06:24 PM   #46
S38B38Turbo
1st Gear Newbie

Hey I do realize that new things are not invented constantly but there sure is certain degree of innovation, so high-tech nitrous controllers such as microedge, lingenfelter etc help with achieving perfect atomization, stand alone fuel systems to eliminate injector duty cycles being a factor etc, therefore advanced micro controllers are used to eliminate variables and only use wet systems.

Conventional techniques such has heating a bottle for optimum temps are a thing of the past things such as Nano systems are in place to give the level of bottle pressure required at all times with out any delay. Also a common thing to say is spray, rather than NOS.

Centrifugal blowers like on this m6 which looks like a vortech unit by the blue label on the video is not capable of making such power numbers especially on a stock bottom end let alone with a dinky 8 rib system and a peaky power band.

To achieve big numbers through a centri you are required to run a procharger f1-f3 series or vortech v24-v28 possibly even an older ysi that the renegade class uses and guess what all these blowers have a cog drive system, Belt tension, wrap, and slip all are the main cause of centri blowers not being able to put up huge numbers, most consumer grade 6-8 rib systems are prone to this at 14#+ of manifold pressure post intercooler its a fact look it up champ.

That's a very optimistic dyno or the load has been tweaked to show higher numbers most likely non sae corrected. I would highly advise you to gain some knowledge on what you are discussing rather than looking like a pompous fool making remarks such as NOS has made more money then me of course they are a business but guess what I have never supported them for my nitrous related needs always go to vendors who are willing to make intricate systems for fellow clients such as nitrousoutlet.

Cheers
S38B38Turbo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:23 PM   #47
2bmwguy
M5 EATER

Quote:
Originally Posted by S38B38Turbo View Post
Hey I do realize that new things are not invented constantly but there sure is certain degree of innovation, so high-tech nitrous controllers such as microedge, lingenfelter etc help with achieving perfect atomization, stand alone fuel systems to eliminate injector duty cycles being a factor etc, therefore advanced micro controllers are used to eliminate variables and only use wet systems.

Conventional techniques such has heating a bottle for optimum temps are a thing of the past things such as Nano systems are in place to give the level of bottle pressure required at all times with out any delay. Also a common thing to say is spray, rather than NOS.

Centrifugal blowers like on this m6 which looks like a vortech unit by the blue label on the video is not capable of making such power numbers especially on a stock bottom end let alone with a dinky 8 rib system and a peaky power band.

To achieve big numbers through a centri you are required to run a procharger f1-f3 series or vortech v24-v28 possibly even an older ysi that the renegade class uses and guess what all these blowers have a cog drive system, Belt tension, wrap, and slip all are the main cause of centri blowers not being able to put up huge numbers, most consumer grade 6-8 rib systems are prone to this at 14#+ of manifold pressure post intercooler its a fact look it up champ.

That's a very optimistic dyno or the load has been tweaked to show higher numbers most likely non sae corrected. I would highly advise you to gain some knowledge on what you are discussing rather than looking like a pompous fool making remarks such as NOS has made more money then me of course they are a business but guess what I have never supported them for my nitrous related needs always go to vendors who are willing to make intricate systems for fellow clients such as nitrousoutlet.

Cheers
You win.
Old 04-17-2013, 09:01 PM   #48
JINT
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bmwguy View Post
I see you like to drive your car like you stole it.....why don't you line up that euro m5 next to my 540 I'll show you some ..+1on that.!!! Ha ha..
hahhahahha, and than what? Watch you tow your car home because your "two stage NOS" helped you bend some valves?
Old 04-17-2013, 10:56 PM   #49
2bmwguy
M5 EATER

I tested the new set up on the "spray" yesterday seems all good.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:34 AM   #50
NOTORIOUS VR
6th Gear Member

Nothing wrong with nitrous when used correctly... especially on big displacement motors, you can make a lot of power.

Are you planning on going to the track with your setup?
Old 04-18-2013, 12:00 PM   #51
2bmwguy
M5 EATER

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS VR View Post
Nothing wrong with nitrous when used correctly... especially on big displacement motors, you can make a lot of power.

Are you planning on going to the track with your setup?
Yes I am, just mounted some falkans on the rear.if all goes good I'll be on the dyno this Saturday,With video.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:48 PM   #52
NOTORIOUS VR
6th Gear Member

great... what about tuning? are you going to be dialing in the jets on the dyno to optimize the setup, or are you just looking for a pull to see the numbers?

If I were you I would most definitely look to get a few extra jets and take them with you... more often then not the "recommended" jets for fuel (I am assuming you're running a wet kit), make the motor run far too rich.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:47 PM   #53
S38B38Turbo
1st Gear Newbie

I believe he is trying to run a dry shot relying on the Maf to adjust fueling for the injectors which will max out idc's and run lean and leave him with a large paper weight. Max recommended dry shot would be 100-125. And that's still pushing things.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:54 PM   #54
2bmwguy
M5 EATER

Yes Im running wet system on one stage, then 2nd dry if I want on a button. I got a switch on my gas pedle for my first stage,And I have a few extra jets always in the car. And also about that m6 I do realize it might not have 1300 hp, but we have to agnolige that thing has a supercharger and mabe a 200shot of "spray"I bet it's still pushes 700 to 800 hp,still impressive.

Last edited by 2bmwguy; 04-18-2013 at 09:57 PM.
2bmwguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 10:01 PM   #55
S38B38Turbo
1st Gear Newbie

Thats a much more reasonable and believable number, seems to me your running a wot switch which is a good start I'd still recommend using larger wet shot instead of a 2nd dry shot especially with out a nitrous controller or a timing retard box. 150 wet shot will satisfy you plenty. LSD will help a bunch with some stickier compound tires also can remove front sway bar for better weight transfer especially at the track. Colder plugs as well
Old 04-18-2013, 10:04 PM   #56
2bmwguy
M5 EATER

Quote:
I believe he is trying to run a dry shot relying on the Maf to adjust fueling for the injectors which will max out idc's and run lean and leave him with a large paper weight. Max recommended dry shot would be 100-125. And that's still pushing things.
I'll be running 100 shot First stage wet,on the gas peddle 2nd 100 shot dry on a button if I want.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:10 PM   #57
2bmwguy
M5 EATER

Quote:
Thats a much more reasonable and believable number, seems to me your running a wot switch which is a good start I'd still recommend using larger wet shot instead of a 2nd dry shot especially with out a nitrous controller or a timing retard box. 150 wet shot will satisfy you plenty. LSD will help a bunch with some stickier compound tires also can remove front sway bar for better weight transfer especially at the track. Colder plugs as well
Yes, or 150 first, then 50 second.well I hope to be on the dyno Saturday or Sunday. You know your stuff that's forsure.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:30 PM   #58
2bmwguy
M5 EATER

Hey s38b38 turbss, so tell us alittle about your car,setup.
Old 04-19-2013, 09:28 AM   #59
NOTORIOUS VR
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Knowing on how lean most BMW motors run and how small the injectors are usually on most German cars (BMW included), running a dry system is a very bad idea IMO.

Even at 75-80 shot (dry) I have my doubts the injectors would be able to supply the needed fuel for the power.

That said, he is running a wet system as his first stage that is good... but a word of caution, the extra dry shot might put the motor over the top fueling wise if things aren't calibrated correctly.

On top of that, if the OP is serious about running nitrous you should be tuned for it and not relying on the stock ECU program to pull timing to save the motor. With that much spray you need to be changing the timing curve completely.
Old 04-19-2013, 11:50 AM   #60
2bmwguy
M5 EATER

I'll be running 63n pill , 36g on the gas side , it's a little on the rich side for the second stage, will lean it out just perfect. I got an afr gauge so I'll be good.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: