Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > BMW Club of Canada
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 04-04-2013, 02:33 PM   #1
EMPOWERD
Senior Moderator/Event-Coordinator

2013 Trillium Chapter Autoslalom Season

2013 Season Dates:

Sunday April 21 -Powerade
Sunday May 26 -Mosport DDT
Sunday June 23 -Powerade
Sunday July 21 -Powerade
Sunday Aug 25 -Mosport DDT (Bimmercruise '13)
Sunday Sept 22 -Powerade
Sunday Oct 27 -Powerade
Sunday Nov 17 -Powerade

Locations:

The Powerade Centre
7575 Kennedy Rd,
Brampton, ON
L6W 4T2
Google Map Link

Mosport International Raceway – Driver Development Track
3233 Concession Rd. # 10,
Bowmanville (Clarington), ON
L1C 3K6
GPS Coordinates are: 44.055472, -78.678482
Google Map Link

Times:

Powerade Center:
Registration opens 9:00am
First car off 10:00am

Mosport DDT:
Registration opens 7:00am
First car off 9:00am

Cost:

Powerade Autoslaloms
$40.00 (members)
$50.00 (non-members)

Mosport DDT “Solo-II” (May 26th & August 25th) with Lapping
$100.00 (members)
$125.00 (non-members)

For "member" rates, you must be a member of the The BMW Club of Canada, affiliate BMWCCA chapters or CASC Clubs. Membership fees are $62.15 (HST included).
If you've never participated before and would like to try it out for the first time you may do so as a guest for $50.00 as a one time allowance.

Register early and get your car ready. Be part of the track walk. This is the most important part to learn the course!
Late comers will have to get rides with other participants to learn the course. If you miss the track walk, and you may also miss out on your first practice run!

Helmets are always mandatory. A recommendation of Snell 2000 or SA2000 or better is preferable.
Some loaner helmets will be available for rent, but this is on a first come, first serve basis. Helmet rentals are $10/day.
If you plan on competing towards the autoslalom finals & competition trophy (awarded at the Christmas Dinner)
we have decided to take your best results from 6 of 8 events (keep in mind Winter Go-Karting results also count for the later).

Registration for 2013 season can be done electronically via our website. You can pay by PayPal.
Memberships are also being done electronically and that feature is already up and running.
As usual with both facilities, washrooms will always be open for usage all day long. You can buy lunch at the onsite Powerade concession.
Lunch at Mosport DDT is available on site (bring some cash).

First-Timers:
You must be a member to be able to attend our Autoslalom events. If attending your first event for the season,
complete, please note that all observers, helpers, and passengers must complete a waiver.
Parents or guardians need to submit waivers for children.
Please keep check back to see updates as some of this information is subject to change!
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me at Randy.Sparre@gmail.com

Thanks in advance,

Randy Sparre
Autoslalom Chair

P.S. Volunteers needed!
Anyone that can help out with Autoslalom please e-mail me or contact our volunteer coordinator Dan Janssen (aka Danimal on maX)
You will automatically be qualified for our new rewards program (build up enough volunteer hours and you can get a free Mosport school!)
We need your help to keep these events alive.

P.P.S This event will (officially) no longer be called "Autocross", rather "Autoslalom"

My YouTube video
-- RANDY SPARRE --
EMPOWERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:08 PM   #2
L8 Apexr
2nd Gear Member

Using CASC rules?.I might be able to attend with the open wheel car,just checking its allowed.Also mentioned is a $60 fee if not a member,whats the deal with that?.
L8 Apexr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:16 PM   #3
EMPOWERD

We use SCCA Solo-II PAX/RTP system Tom, but you can still bring out your open wheel car. It doesn't say anything about $60 non-member fee... it's $50.

My YouTube video
-- RANDY SPARRE --
Old 04-09-2013, 10:07 PM   #4
L8 Apexr
2nd Gear Member

Ok,only interested in the DDT events as the powerade lot is too rough for my new car.I have a regional may 12th,hopefully see you the 26th.
L8 Apexr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:51 PM   #5
jabela
4th Gear Member

Results from April 21. Super close results. Most drivers were within 10%.

Let me know if you see any mistakes with classification or typos. Thanks to Dan for doing the car classifications.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_7138.jpg (164.6 KB, 269 views)

2002 E46 325ci // 5spd // ISC N1 Coilovers
www.modernapothecary.ca

Last edited by jabela; 04-22-2013 at 10:01 PM.
jabela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:49 PM   #6
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

That 110.7 is a smoking time. I'd need more tire to get close to that time. However, I'm satisfied with posting a faster raw time than the other two guys driving the same M3
Old 05-29-2013, 10:09 PM   #7
SamE30e
6th Gear Member

I should bring out the E46....

Run flat's and stock suspension should do nice...
02 325i Sedan
SamE30e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 12:02 AM   #8
jabela
4th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamE30e View Post
I should bring out the E46....

Run flat's and stock suspension should do nice...
Run flat's came on E46's?

You should come.. I'm on stock suspension in my E46.

www.modernapothecary.ca
Old 06-04-2013, 08:00 PM   #9
jabela
4th Gear Member

Updated event and overall results.
http://sdrv.ms/12rD69s

www.modernapothecary.ca
Old 06-25-2013, 03:13 PM   #10
EMPOWERD

Results for June 23rd event..

My YouTube video
-- RANDY SPARRE --
Old 07-09-2013, 06:11 AM   #11
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

PAX classing is messed, I get hit harder cause I have no interior then the 335 cars?

The 335 has 300hp, 1990 325 was 168hp (in 1990!!)
richie_s999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 08:35 AM   #12
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie_s999 View Post
PAX classing is messed, I get hit harder cause I have no interior then the 335 cars?

The 335 has 300hp, 1990 325 was 168hp (in 1990!!)
The idea is that you are supposed to look at the class rules and decide which class you'd like to run in, then build your car to the limits of that class. If you want to be competitive you need to build your car to the class specifications, it's as simple as that.

I don't even think your car is classed correctly anyway. The street prepared category only allows for the removal of sound system components, fog lights, rear view mirror and sun visor. A fully gutted interior is only allowed in the prepared category, so your car should really be classed in the Prepared category.

Last edited by Bullet Ride; 07-09-2013 at 10:25 AM.
Bullet Ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 09:23 AM   #13
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

But we are not running for multiple class titles, which the classing system is set up for, but using it as a guide line for placing cars pax time, and its not always a perfect system because of it. It's susposed to be an tool used to make cars equal, sorry but I don't feel that as my car sits its being given a competitive chance, and cars in the past years have had been aloud to be placed in a pax that was more fair to them by organizers

Overall I'm running to have fun, but its hard to look at those pax'd time sheets.
richie_s999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 09:47 AM   #14
jabela
4th Gear Member

Hey Rich, I agree that some car classes seem way off. My 187hp 325 ways about the same as the 135/335 but with half the torque and power. Even still they are not the best cars for auto slalom, as I don't think any have won any titles. Some E36 have though when properly prepped. Maybe the 335 are too new/pricey for people to be beating up in autox yet?

Anyhow, read through the class rules and allowances. Maybe you are in the wrong class, but like Randy said, it might be even tougher.

www.modernapothecary.ca
Old 07-09-2013, 10:28 AM   #15
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie_s999 View Post
But we are not running for multiple class titles, which the classing system is set up for, but using it as a guide line for placing cars pax time, and its not always a perfect system because of it. It's supposed to be an tool used to make cars equal, sorry but I don't feel that as my car sits its being given a competitive chance, and cars in the past years have had been aloud to be placed in a pax that was more fair to them by organizers

Overall I'm running to have fun, but its hard to look at those pax'd time sheets.
The class system is set up so that there can be class titles, and the PAX system is set up so that all cars can compete for an overall title, but again the only way you'll be competitive is if you build your car to the limits of your class. So if you wanted Richie you could run pretty much any size of tires and breaks that you want. With a square set of 245 r-comps tucked under some fender flares, some big ass brakes, and some better suspension your car would competative.

Do you have any examples of cars intentionally being PAX'ed lighter than they should be? Because if they were that'd be unfair to the rest of the competitors.

It's definitely not a perfect system by any means, but short of benchmarking every car (bracket racing essentially) it's the only fair way to do it.

And don't feel like you're the only one Richie, my car is classed as SM, it's PAX'ed heavier than your car currently is... and it still has a full interior .

Last edited by Bullet Ride; 07-09-2013 at 10:34 AM.
Bullet Ride is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: