Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E46 (1998 - 2005)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-28-2013, 01:29 PM   #1
solarian
1st Gear Newbie

Does anyone know this car/seller?

I am trying to help my close friend who is not very car savvy find a good, reliable car, and I found this E46 (http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ468281479) on Kijiji. Based on what I've seen, price seems a little too good to be true if the condition really is as described. I haven't gone to look at the car yet, but the seller said that he is a member of this forum and others, so I figured there would be a good chance someone might know a thing or two about this car.

My main warning signs are the price and the fact that it doesn't seem to be listed for sale on here. I would figure, when someone is a member of a car community and they want to dump a shady car, they will not post it on the forum so that they don't hurt their rep.

Anyway, good news or bad, I'm just hoping someone would know something about it before we go look at it. My friend currently has a car with 350k on it that is basically falling apart, so a key motivator is getting a car that won't need lots of work and will run well with regular maintenance. I really don't want him to end up with a problem car.
solarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:04 PM   #2
ex3mal
Weapon M

The car looks good for the price, but before u buy bring to mechanic for check up, and ask if the car was in acident. And ask him to get safety and etest, u don't wanna to have any headaches with getting safety with swaped engine

e46 m3 artcar, ap racing bbk, maxpsi stage 2
Follow on ig @weaponm
ex3mal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:12 AM   #3
JINT
5th Gear Member

Yeah it's my car. I don't list on maxbimmer because people lowball on here like crazy.
The car is mint, doesn't need anything, no check engline light.
Old 03-29-2013, 11:16 AM   #4
ex3mal
Weapon M

Quote:
Originally Posted by JINT View Post
Yeah it's my car. I don't list on maxbimmer because people lowball on here like crazy.
The car is mint, doesn't need anything, no check engline light.
+1 on lowballers on maxbimmer

Follow on ig @weaponm
Old 03-29-2013, 11:17 AM   #5
JINT
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex3mal View Post
The car looks good for the price, but before u buy bring to mechanic for check up, and ask if the car was in acident. And ask him to get safety and etest, u don't wanna to have any headaches with getting safety with swaped engine
Slava, the car doens't need anything for safety and will pass emissions with no problems, all O2's and MAF and brand new. How's the charger ?

Last edited by JINT; 03-29-2013 at 11:25 AM.
JINT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:35 AM   #6
ex3mal
Weapon M

Quote:
Originally Posted by JINT View Post
Slava, the car doens't need anything for safety and will pass emissions with no problems, all O2's and MAF and brand new. How's the charger ?
The charger is very addictive 8), and so much fun, can't wait for track days to begin. But already wanna have more power so start looking in to upgrade to vt550 hehe. I don't care what evrebody says, it's my toy

Follow on ig @weaponm
Old 03-30-2013, 07:04 PM   #7
solarian
1st Gear Newbie

Shame I didn't check this thread sooner, buddy already picked up a car. Good luck with your sale!
solarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 12:40 PM   #8
JINT
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarian View Post
Shame I didn't check this thread sooner, buddy already picked up a car. Good luck with your sale!
thnx

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: