Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E46 (1998 - 2005)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-10-2013, 03:46 PM   #1
flipman550
Feelin' It

solo werks s1...

I'm just curious... has anyone installed these on their e46. They're going for a great price and i've never used coil overs before. I'm tempted to know how they are. Although i've only found reviews on other cars. I would like to know how they are on e46's. I haven't found any negative comments on them so far.

So please give me your input.
flipman550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:48 AM   #2
AutoWerkez
2nd Gear Member

I bought my self a set recently, waiting til the end of the month to install them but people have installed these on their e46's and had no problems. Some complain about bounce and slight noises but those comments should be disregarded because they all improperly installed the coils or didn't replace strut and shock mounts when they installed the coils. And from what I see, these are pretty quality coils for the price, if you're looking for something just for daily driving, and just lowering your ride height to eliminate ugly wheel gap, then these are perfect for you. Hope this helps.

A wise mechanic once told me, "working on cars is like sex, you have to know where to touch and how to push."

Follow Me on Instagram @_instashift !
AutoWerkez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:37 PM   #3
flipman550
Feelin' It

Thanks, yeah ive searched and got te same info about the noises and such. I do know mounts have to be replaced anytime you do replace the suspension. Its not expensive to do or hard on the e46's. i was on the hunt for springs but im considering getting some entry level coil overs because i wont be driving it in the next winter.
Just out of curiosity where did you pick up your set and how much? I see a guy on kijiji for 580. I might get it from him. Or if you sell or know someone id give them my business.
flipman550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 03:57 PM   #4
AutoWerkez
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipman550 View Post
Thanks, yeah ive searched and got te same info about the noises and such. I do know mounts have to be replaced anytime you do replace the suspension. Its not expensive to do or hard on the e46's. i was on the hunt for springs but im considering getting some entry level coil overs because i wont be driving it in the next winter.
Just out of curiosity where did you pick up your set and how much? I see a guy on kijiji for 580. I might get it from him. Or if you sell or know someone id give them my business.
I got it from him too for that price just a couple days ago, I believe there's one set left, hes a easy guy to deal with, and ships within two days.

A wise mechanic once told me, "working on cars is like sex, you have to know where to touch and how to push."

Follow Me on Instagram @_instashift !
AutoWerkez is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: