Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-04-2013, 07:11 AM   #1
NIMA
3rd Gear Member

" Lady driven or Doctor driven "

Just a mini morning rant . I've been browsing the local classifieds and noticed alot of cars with the above noted caption WTF ??!!!
Are doctors really that much better than the rest of us that they deserve this caption ? You never see " plumber owned " BMW for sale do you ?
Just wanted to know why doctor owned cars are really that much "better"
.....and what if the car was owned by a female doctor ?
Sorry , don't wanna sound sexist but its just an observation .
NIMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:30 AM   #2
TSI
Reverse Gear Member

Well, doctors are supposedly responsible, respectable members of society, and therefore would not drive irresponsibly, for fear of harming their reputation.

Women are less aggressive than men, and again supposedly don't abuse their cars (although maintenance is another story! /chauvinist pig)

It used to be that on bank account applications or even passport apps, you had to get a "character witness", who had to be a doctor, lawyer or politician...

Then they figured that if they can rely on politicians, then can rely on anyone.
TSI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:28 AM   #3
parm
Scarboro Mazda S&L

Curbsider !lol
parm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:39 AM   #4
EMPOWERD
Senior Moderator/Event-Coordinator

I know quite a few doctors that track their car. Would you consider buying that?

My YouTube video
-- RANDY SPARRE --
EMPOWERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:23 PM   #5
damameke
6th Gear Member

Thats advertising/marketing but still. one still needs to car the car checked....

like selling an M3 and caption: "Never tracked"...
damameke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:34 PM   #6
JINT
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIMA View Post
Just a mini morning rant . I've been browsing the local classifieds and noticed alot of cars with the above noted caption WTF ??!!!
Are doctors really that much better than the rest of us that they deserve this caption ? You never see " plumber owned " BMW for sale do you ?
Just wanted to know why doctor owned cars are really that much "better"
.....and what if the car was owned by a female doctor ?
Sorry , don't wanna sound sexist but its just an observation .
lol, it's not that they're better than us, they just have more money than us, so they maintain their cars at the dealer only.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:40 PM   #7
Mystikal
Moderator/Event-Coordinator

Funny story, the 911 GT3 that I entered into a pretty reckless time attack in July and came out unscathed was soon after the event sold to a doctor. It was almost immediately written off.
Old 02-04-2013, 02:01 PM   #8
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

I would soon rather buying a well maintained car from an enthusiast like myself who drove the car the way it was meant to, than from some guy who putted along at 80 on the HWY and did oil changes once a year (regardless if they are male, female, but doctor, molester, or rapist).

But then again, in the used car market you have people who pretty much only pay attention to mileage...that's it, so an excessively well/OCD maintained high mileage car like mine is worthless to them over a garage queen that has sludged up and dried out like crispy kruller donut from Tim hortons left overnight on a kitchen table.

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:. Individual - Style 65 Wheels; 9.5" Square Set up;275 Tires;10mm/3mm Spacers; Black Kidneys;Muffler Delete; 3.5" Dual Tips; Beast Power; "Dinan" Ducts; E60 SSK; BC Coils
Hers--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Avus Blue/Grey/Black:. '01 Exterior Upgrades; E60 SSK
Toys'81 MB 500 SEC Euro Koenig
'91 Alfa Romer 164S- Red/Black/ Recaro interior
bmwm5lover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:50 PM   #9
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMPOWERD View Post
I know quite a few doctors that track their car. Would you consider buying that?
Yep! Most people who track their cars love them and maintain the shit out of them.

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's supersports, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC short shift GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
http://absolutehid.ca hid kit
propr'one is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:05 PM   #10
david528
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwm5lover View Post
I would soon rather buying a well maintained car from an enthusiast like myself who drove the car the way it was meant to, than from some guy who putted along at 80 on the HWY and did oil changes once a year (regardless if they are male, female, but doctor, molester, or rapist).
Agree. I always look at cars being sold on forums first, followed by non-dealer ads on the various online sites (kijiji, craigslist, trader etc). But I've noticed lately, alot of dealers try to pass their ads off as as private sellers..
david528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:24 PM   #11
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by david528 View Post
Agree. I always look at cars being sold on forums first, followed by non-dealer ads on the various online sites (kijiji, craigslist, trader etc). But I've noticed lately, alot of dealers try to pass their ads off as as private sellers..
There is absolutely nothing wrong with buying from a dealer. I never stated that even for a second. In fact, I've had many people tell me that they've been badly burned by private sellers with zero recourse.

The steps to take with the vehicle you like are the same regardless if you are buying privately or through a dealer. Do you due diligence, if you don't know much, have it inspected, etc and remember, you are buying a used car anything can go wrong at any time.

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:. Individual - Style 65 Wheels; 9.5" Square Set up;275 Tires;10mm/3mm Spacers; Black Kidneys;Muffler Delete; 3.5" Dual Tips; Beast Power; "Dinan" Ducts; E60 SSK; BC Coils
Hers--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Avus Blue/Grey/Black:. '01 Exterior Upgrades; E60 SSK
Toys'81 MB 500 SEC Euro Koenig
'91 Alfa Romer 164S- Red/Black/ Recaro interior
bmwm5lover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:44 PM   #12
windwagen
6th Gear Member

My favourite .... "won't last"

I think in general, dealers ask a higher price....supposedly because they back their product. I'd stay away from dealers that you don't trust. Either way, it's helpful to know your car stuff or at least bring a friend who truly does. We bought our Honda Odyssey from a Honda dealer and has a ton of small issues. They fixed it all without a single retort. However, I could forsee them taking advantage of an average consumer.
windwagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:16 PM   #13
pawelgawel
3rd Gear Member

I know a doctor who loves to rape his 135. He had s 128 before and misshifted from 5th to 2nd... rebuild. hit a couple of curbs as well. Goes through a set of tires every four months... id never buy a car from someone like him.
pawelgawel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:39 AM   #14
windwagen
6th Gear Member

Come to think of it, I know a number of "lady drivers" that just suck! Hit everything... At least the car you buy from one of them would have lots of new parts on it!
windwagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:28 AM   #15
arek
3rd Gear Member

lol.. well arent we all FBI profilers now..

they typically are bad drivers, since they lack the common sense in the equiliberium department.. more book smarts... kinda like asian drivers that drive 80km/h in the fast lane, and have their right blinker on with both hands straddled to the steering wheel with their concentrated death face

Most of them are overleveraged aswell with homes and other debt to care about their car maintenaince...

the guy selling his 08 m3 sedan in the classifieds is a doc..
arek is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: