Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > Classics
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 12-07-2013, 02:44 AM   #16
wndrngmnstrl
1st Gear Newbie

Mildred! What a funny surprise... I bought this car in February from the same snowy parking lot she's pictured in above... The last thing "golfn" said to me before he left the Canadian Tire parking lot where we made the swap was, "We sure are going to miss old Mildred!" The name has stuck.

A brief update on the old fraulein:
The odometer stopped working on my first trip (or had already stopped working, I don't really care) so she will be forever young at the same 126000km I bought her at... As yet another testament to the German engineering you all appreciate, she's gone about 40000K in this year alone, having been purchased for the express purpose of touring back and forth across this big country in style More info about that tour on my website if you're interested...

No major problems along the way that weren't of my own doing and I truely love this car. She's given me a chance to see the country and to get my hands dirty while learning a little bit about what's going on under the hood, too. The rest of the band will confirm that the only I time I'm not thinking of playing music is when I've got a wrench in my greasy hands and trying to figure out what the latest problem is in my fleet of derelict automobiles

Any advice on how to get this car looking like new is, of course, well-appreciated and possibly entirely wasted on a musician with a budget like mine. Ideas about how to keep her running smoothly from anyone who has had an E21 will go a long way. Also, my most pressing concern is finding out where I can straighten a steel wheel in Ottawa. Don't ask!

Glad to be on your forum finally alongside my car who you already know.

Cheers!
wndrngmnstrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 07:09 AM   #17
Ceeker
Parts hoarding partner...

any garage can do it..throw it on the wheel balancer to see where she's bent -remove it and start hammering..

I think I've had 14 bmw's in 4 years.
2 IX's -sold and parts
2 325i 4 dr - sold
4 318is all white - sold and parts
1 87 325is red - parts
1 89 325i vert grey - parts
1 90 325is white - keepin
1 87 325i vert -red - keepin
latest addition 1 88-325is red - parts
latest addition 1 89-325i vert - white -fixin/sold
latest addition 1 92-318i vert - blue - parts
latest addition 1 87 325is blk - parts.

latest addition as of 2013-Gold 87-325is auto! it's a keeper!
Ceeker is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: