Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-07-2013, 12:21 PM   #1
El Gato Liso
6th Gear Member

Blackberry 10

sup folks, or you mobile junkies!

Well we all know about RIM's situation. I left Blackberry for 1 reason...because my bb was literally falling apart. I was quite surprised it lasted as long as it did!

I got an iPhone 5 to replace the bb. I am quite impressed with the Iphone, perhaps due to the fact that I've never used one before and it is entirely new to me. The BB10 though, is looking quite promising. It is in serious consideration.

Finally something different to IOS and Android!?

Discuss!
Old 01-07-2013, 01:30 PM   #2
BMe30
all by chance...

The i5 is a lower build quality than its predecessor. Ive had the i4 for almost 2 year with no protective gear ever. There are no scratches on my main screen. My wife got the i5 and within 1 week the main screen has a few scratches. The only real significant difference between the i4s and the i5 is the slightly larger screen, and the LTE capability.

The bb10 will be something to look out for but don't always believe the hype.

This brings us to samsung. Same deal really its an iphone with different os and larger network. Is it better? Well thats what the ads lead you to believe.

Do your research and you will find that the latest HTC phone is a better phone than its competitors.

But at the end of the day its what you want/ need/ afford.

Sent via my i4

Gone but not forgotten
BMe30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:35 PM   #3
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

BB10 Looks promising, waiting to see if it actually delivers. I really like the gestures, especially the gesture to get to your messages from anywhere. I do hope they turn the company around, it's hard seeing another Canadian Tech company/giant fail, but it is embarrassing/epic failure that it has taken this long to release BB10 or up-to-date hardware while the company remains on life support.

Android/iOS I consider to be on par, for anyone new to the game you can't go wrong with either, the differences are minor, some love/hate things based on preference or their use. I own an iPhone 5 and android tablet, so I've experienced both extensively for 6 months+. I personally prefer iOS and think the initial setup and overall user experience is better and more streamlined (less fragmentation).
Old 01-07-2013, 11:16 PM   #4
sirex
King Sirex

didn't we talk about rim 2 threads down?

COLLAPSE is just right around the corner.

It doesn't matter how amazing BB10 is because it's too late.

Look around you, Iphones and Samsungs every where.

No one is going to drop an Iphone for a BB10
No one is going to drop a SG for a BB10

The only market option RIMM has is for those that DONT have a smartphone, but they are 1.5 years too late.

The only countries they have a chance in are the ones that are just becoming hooked on Blackberrys right now - e.g. the very undeveloped world.

RIMM will be a $12 stock for ever, or callapse by the 3rd quarter this year.
Old 01-07-2013, 11:39 PM   #5
blakneto
3rd Gear Member

BB10 is poised to be more for businesses and niche users...
I don't see them making a large IMPACT on Samsung or Apple...
They will go back to what they did good... service GOVERNMENT and BUSINESS!
If a few consumers tag along ... fine... but these changes, IMO were made to keep there CORE USERS aka the people who pay hand over foot BES servers, BB high security, and knowing they have complete control over their data.

Hell... It can't be all bad if OBAMA is using it! :p

The iphone 5s is coming out soon too...

BB9900 user! :p
blakneto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:41 PM   #6
blakneto
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirex View Post
didn't we talk about rim 2 threads down?

COLLAPSE is just right around the corner.

It doesn't matter how amazing BB10 is because it's too late.

Look around you, Iphones and Samsungs every where.

No one is going to drop an Iphone for a BB10
No one is going to drop a SG for a BB10

The only market option RIMM has is for those that DONT have a smartphone, but they are 1.5 years too late.

The only countries they have a chance in are the ones that are just becoming hooked on Blackberrys right now - e.g. the very undeveloped world.

I'll take that BET!
I say RIM will do better than $15 this year and will NOT collaspe in the 3rd quarter... Maybe 2-3 years... but with 2 BB10s this year and Playbook2?... they still have a few bullets in the chamber...
blakneto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:13 AM   #7
damameke
6th Gear Member

BB10 is late for many reasons, it is a new OS based on the QNX (Ottawa Company) which RIM bought in 2010, the Playbook is based on QNX but when RIM tried that OS with their smart phones there were major glitches.

Jim, and Mike the co-founders didnt help with their "arrogant" attitudes, Jim is gone now. Mike is not in charge and the new Thorsten Heins hired a bunch of senior management and developers and delayed the BB10 until the bugs were ironed out.

Is Bb10 going to be a Andriod or Apple killer?; probably not but many are waiting for the launch and I think the sales will be much better than what it has been for the last few quarters, and RIM already acknowledged that even with the launch of the Bb10; the next 2 quarters will be weak as well.

The launch of the BB10 is going to be big for RIM( I am sure you read that it is a make or break launch for the company) and I read that RIM is launching it in Dubai first(dont know if this is true)for Dubai has alot of RIM users...

All the arguments that RIM wil be gone are OLD news...you might not like RIM as a company, yes RIM is late from 2009 and dont you think the world knew that?

I, like most has only read or saw from youtube what the BB10 is all about; there are pros and cons written on this product as there are many analysts that has pros and cons on the performance of this stock or the company. my take is RIM with Thorsten running the company will take RIM out of this negative environment with baby step....

RIM will not collapse in the 3rd quarter,however RIM might be bought over in the future, so it will not trade stagnant at $12, I see an upward momentum till the launch date...short or long, one can make a few bucks on this stock..just put a tight stop loss....do your own DD

To the OP: (sorry thread hijack), wait and see the BB10.. your choice is, no good.. dont buy,, I am in the same boat.. so I am waiting
damameke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:45 AM   #8
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

I am a BB fanboy. I was waiting for the 10, but with the unscertainty and the delays, I got a SG2. Maybe one day if they make a sleeker, better version of the Torch, I will definitely be back ( I hate the touch schreen only phones). I just recently stopped using my 9790.

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:.Individual- Modded
Hers--'07 BMW M5/6.:Indianapolis Red/Black:.
Toys
'91 BMW 850i J Spec Modded
'88 BMW 635CSi Lowered
'81 MB 500 SEC Koenig WILD RIDE
bmwm5lover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:48 PM   #9
ScotcH
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwm5lover View Post
I am a BB fanboy. I was waiting for the 10, but with the unscertainty and the delays, I got a SG2. Maybe one day if they make a sleeker, better version of the Torch, I will definitely be back ( I hate the touch schreen only phones). I just recently stopped using my 9790.
Totally agree. The Torch is a perfect phone in my opinion, and for many people. Touch screen only is for kids and their appz. The bold is nice, but the screen is too small to be useful for browsing and viewing documents and stuff. The other feature I'm going to miss is the scroll pad ... that thing makes it so easy to navigate.

I'll keep my Torch until it breaks, but it seems that RIM is killing off the two main features that make it awesome: slider and scroll pad. Booooo.
Old 01-08-2013, 03:41 PM   #10
325isdan
5th Gear Member

Even though I have a BlackBerry here is way they suck and always will.

Web browsing is god awful and limited
You need to have a data plan to download from BlackBeryy AppWorld.
325isdan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:29 AM   #11
niko_gt
6th Gear Member

BB10 will do great. Yes they're very late but it will (hopefully)be bullet proof. I currently have a 9900 BOLD and I havent had any problems with it(I've had it over a year now). They released the playbook too early and look what happened there - they tanked it.

Samsung / Iphone arent work phones.. they're toys. RIM is releasing 6 models varying in price/ quality in 2013. I don't think I'd get the all touchscreen model - I'd wait for the one with the keyboard.

According to many who have used the BB10 alpha dev device the web browsing fully supports HTML 5 and is just as quick as a pc.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:23 PM   #12
daytona
6th Gear Member

They will not get the market Samsung and Apple has...niche market at best...about %70 of brokers following this company they have a sell or underperform for this stock,about %20 hold and the rest buy...
Old 01-22-2013, 11:10 AM   #13
thinair
moderationistismingly

Send a message via MSN to thinair
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirex View Post
$17 today, we'll see what happens I guess.

I switched to Android a few months ago from a 9900. I'm still hopeful RIM will pull though. Really all the need is app/developer support, that's what makes or breaks a phone.

RIMM will definitely not collapse though, at worst they'll be relegated to strictly enterprise use like they used to be. Too many businesses and government organizations make good use of them. FIPS certification goes a long way in government procurement.
"Driving is like a narcotic, an addiction that can take over lives. It ruins people, breaks families apart, and even kills. Itís habit that needs to be fueled. Time, money, rationality, sweat, knuckle skin, and anyone who disapproves are of little importance to a driver, and are often overlooked. Hi, Iím Nelson, and Iím a drivaholic."
thinair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:34 AM   #14
328IScreamer
6th Gear Member

I have been seriously considering buying a large amount of stock this week. It has gone from $7 to $17 this year alone and I think it is bound to go up upon the release of BB10. All videos I have seen of demos and direct comparisons shows it is on par or better with Iphone 5. I think BB will retain a large corperate market share and those BB fans who have been waiting on this release.

I would like to hear your opinions on where the stock will go
Old 01-22-2013, 02:44 PM   #15
damameke
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 328IScreamer View Post
I have been seriously considering buying a large amount of stock this week. It has gone from $7 to $17 this year alone and I think it is bound to go up upon the release of BB10. All videos I have seen of demos and direct comparisons shows it is on par or better with Iphone 5. I think BB will retain a large corperate market share and those BB fans who have been waiting on this release.

I would like to hear your opinions on where the stock will go
From another thread: "Investor money making prediction", I mentioned;
"and buy a lot of Rim shares", it was trading around $10 then, I bought 3000
shares at $8.55 and 1000 shares were stopped out at $11.65 after RIM announced the change of revenue structure(negative sentiment from analysts) at their last quarter reporting..

Where will RIM go?, The uptrend will still continue till Jan 29 and 30, then a wait and see week . if the BB10 is positive, RIM wil go up again...

Is RIM a buy and where the stock will go? to me, at $17 I think it is a buy
, I am bullish that it will go to the low $20

Target price by Jeffries increased to $19(upgraded yesterday or day before)
and Scotia to $18(upgraded today)

Do your DD
damameke is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: