Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E30 (1983 - 1991)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 04-10-2013, 04:11 PM   #271
Woofer
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by defaultName View Post
Shit that sucks! What happened?
Bad luck perhaps lol. I updated my thread. Check it out. I explain what I did/happened lol
Old 04-10-2013, 04:11 PM   #272
Woofer
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Gato Liso View Post
hey alan.

i can help your e30 out (refer to sig)
Lol thanks man. Not sure yet what I'm going to do. Ill let u know
Old 04-10-2013, 04:12 PM   #273
Woofer
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cormier View Post
Alan, just look at this as an opportunity. I say use your 540 motor in your e30 lol
It's an idea LOL
Old 04-10-2013, 04:14 PM   #274
Woofer
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Ride View Post
I happen to know that you have an M52 crank stashed away... and the motor that just took a shit has 130mm rods...

I smell a 2.8L stroker build

If you're motivated you could definitely build that motor and have it back together in time to enjoy the summer.
Yea, my dad was talking to me about it too. He thinks we should revive the m20. He loves that motor lol.

Ill be in touch if things go down that route. I am sitting more towards a swap though.
Old 04-10-2013, 04:22 PM   #275
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woofer View Post
I am sitting more towards a swap though.
Why's that?
Old 04-10-2013, 04:57 PM   #276
Woofer
6th Gear Member

I don't know. More so because its kinda something I have always wanted to do with an e30. I got a lot of time to think, so anything is possible right now. Like I said before, my dad is down for the m20 revival lol.
Old 04-12-2013, 09:40 PM   #277
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woofer View Post
I don't know. More so because its kinda something I have always wanted to do with an e30. I got a lot of time to think, so anything is possible right now. Like I said before, my dad is down for the m20 revival lol.
I may have something at my place to toss in and drive, give me a call Sunday

On a happy note, I am happy that the driveline is in, suspension touched up, wiring or de wiring was sucsessful, and I got to hear what an m20 sounds like with 3 ft strait pipes ( cut just before the cat)

Brake fluid, pads and rotors and make an exhaust and hang doors and put the hood back on.

Should be shake down at the autoslalom next weekend!
richie_s999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 09:15 PM   #278
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

So yesterday I spent about 5 hours at work in the morning milling the adjuster plates out of some 2"x 1/4" flat bar and then modifying the rear subframe...

Then when I got home I painted it...

[/url]

And this afternoon I installed my shiny new gas tank along with new rubber fuel lines and such...

Going to press new bushings into the trailing arms tomorrow and get the subframe back together and back in the car. Then I just need to try to fix the oil leak on the front crank seal, put the front of the motor back together and take the car for an alignment. If things go well I should be able to make it out next weekend.
Old 04-14-2013, 09:34 PM   #279
karmatose
164.3ci Of Fury

Quote:
[/url]
... I'd be lying if I said I wasn't jealous of that totally pimp work table. I gotta get me something like that (and the shop space to properly make use of something like that).
Old 04-15-2013, 09:16 AM   #280
cormier
6th Gear Member

Ya really. Nice work with the rear end

cormier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:24 AM   #281
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

Quote:
Originally Posted by cormier View Post
Ya really. Nice work with the rear end
That's what she said...

Old 04-16-2013, 12:20 PM   #282
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

To do list for this weekends autoslalom

Front rotors and pads

Flush brakes

Install exhaust. DONE

Motor and Trans mounts

Power steering delete block. DONE

Seats from convert able

Hood and doors

Clean up wiring

Battery
richie_s999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 05:05 PM   #283
e30_kid89
The Afro-stig

Send a message via MSN to e30_kid89
Quote:
So yesterday I spent about 5 hours at work in the morning milling the adjuster plates out of some 2"x 1/4" flat bar and then modifying the rear subframe...

Then when I got home I painted it...

[/url]

And this afternoon I installed my shiny new gas tank along with new rubber fuel lines and such...

Going to press new bushings into the trailing arms tomorrow and get the subframe back together and back in the car. Then I just need to try to fix the oil leak on the front crank seal, put the front of the motor back together and take the car for an alignment. If things go well I should be able to make it out next weekend.
Nice work! I was deciding what to do for my rear end on my ti and after some research & discussion I decided against the weld-on adjustmentationerz. I went with the shorter AKG bushings to raise the subframe a few mms to dial out some negative camber that way, along with poly TA bushings. What TA bushings are you going to use?
Old 04-16-2013, 06:19 PM   #284
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

Quote:
Originally Posted by e30_kid89 View Post
Nice work! I was deciding what to do for my rear end on my ti and after some research & discussion I decided against the weld-on adjustmentationerz. I went with the shorter AKG bushings to raise the subframe a few mms to dial out some negative camber that way, along with poly TA bushings. What TA bushings are you going to use?
Yeah I know, it's not an optimal solution because you're skewing the axis of the RTABs relative to the subframe, but short of doing a DTM style rear trailing arm modification it's pretty much the only option because the eccentric bushings are garbage. I'm running stock rubber bushings to help gain a bit of compliance with the twisting going on. Poly bushings with the aluminum core in Canada are a bad idea unless you are taking them apart once a year to clean and lube everything... ask me how I know
Old 04-16-2013, 07:45 PM   #285
e30_kid89
The Afro-stig

Send a message via MSN to e30_kid89
Quote:
Yeah I know, it's not an optimal solution because you're skewing the axis of the RTABs relative to the subframe, but short of doing a DTM style rear trailing arm modification it's pretty much the only option because the eccentric bushings are garbage. I'm running stock rubber bushings to help gain a bit of compliance with the twisting going on. Poly bushings with the aluminum core in Canada are a bad idea unless you are taking them apart once a year to clean and lube everything... ask me how I know
LOL, my e30 had poly bushings for 2 years or so but I never tried driving in the winter so when I parted out the trailing arms they came apart w/o much issue, I could see it being tough with the slightest bit of corrosion. I was and still am uber curious to see how things woulda turned out if I went with the slotted subframe but the bushings I got are good to take out hopefully a 0.5 degrees of camber and as for the toe raising the subframe helps out with the progressive toe curves when going low apparently. The rest I'm just gonna say a prayer and keep tabs on my tire wear

Did your old akg TA bushings squeak much with their "grease grooves"? my old IE TA bushings had no grease grooves and creaked like crazy, but I loved the fuh razee

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: