Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 11-21-2012, 08:47 AM   #31
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS VR View Post
Well I can officially say that depo headlights for the E36 are the worst thing I have ever experienced. Both lights broke while trying to clop in the DEPO corner lights and after closer inspection I see now that it's the actual molding pushing out against the corner light that cause the crappy and very brittle plastic to break.

Trying to work something out with the ebay seller but I'm not going to hold my breath. I will probably just have to pony up cash for another set of lights that most certainly won't be DEPO brand
Hmm interesting, most people break them trying to take them off by prying the clips to much...

I didn't have any issues with mine and I've taken the corners off a few times, you just have to be careful with what you are prying as it's plastic. However, I can't remember mine were depos or dj auto. Maybe you got the cheaper ebay depo reps (haha reps of reps) that people talk about.
Old 11-21-2012, 08:49 AM   #32
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane240 View Post
OEM's properly aimed with good bulbs and lenses that are not hazzed.

Cheapest and they will outlast your car.
lol this made me laugh, sorry your better off lighting a few candles than using the US Spec headlamps.
Old 11-29-2012, 09:33 AM   #33
TheMadChigga
Taiwan Panda Racing Unit.

Send a message via ICQ to TheMadChigga Send a message via AIM to TheMadChigga Send a message via MSN to TheMadChigga
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe View Post
Well, I'm looking to buy two sets (one for my car one for my brother's coupe), if anyone is interested we can look into setting up a group buy to at least save on shipping, maybe get a better deal too. I would be looking for depo/dj auto with 4300k HID's in both, and a set of smoked corners + sidemarkers for both a 96 sedan and 98 coupe.
I'm down for that, anyone know if DEPO or anyone else sells the projector light without angel eyes? those seems to be more ideal for HIDs no?
Old 11-29-2012, 02:04 PM   #34
aristo
2nd Gear Member

**I'm not affiliated with the seller**

These have been on kijiji for awhile. Seems kinda expensive imo but, some one here might be interested in these.

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ433604427
aristo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 03:50 PM   #35
jay01_brown
OBSERVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMadChigga View Post
I'm down for that, anyone know if DEPO or anyone else sells the projector light without angel eyes? those seems to be more ideal for HIDs no?
I'm in as well... How can we set this up. I've been looking to buy a set for months now, just can't get pass the $100 shipping...
jay01_brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 12:29 AM   #36
5style
Hatters gon Hatt

zkws, since i upgraded, there is no comparison. Also, all the reflector parts inside ZKs are METAL, no plastic like depo or even bosch.

Light output phenomenal. I got mine from germany for $250 shipped, and spend another $25 on the harness and switch for electric leveling. I now can aim my lights in the city to super low for potholes and high on say mulholland at night... cough.

Last edited by 5style; 12-15-2012 at 12:35 AM.
5style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 12:34 AM   #37
5style
Hatters gon Hatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by aristo View Post
**I'm not affiliated with the seller**

These have been on kijiji for awhile. Seems kinda expensive imo but, some one here might be interested in these.

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ433604427
these are not factory zkws, as factory ones are stamped bmw. These look like OEM rather then OE, not sure if the guts differ. I got OE zkws and the guts are 100% METAL, and thus the light output is phenomenal.
Old 12-16-2012, 01:22 PM   #38
Axxe
Over 9 F**KING THOUSAND!!

Anybody want to take lead on this? Lets start a list of who wants what:

1) Axxe: Depo/DJ, 4300k 55W HID, no angel eyes, sedan corners and side markers (both smoked)
2) Axxe's Brother: Depo/DJ, 4300k 55W HID, no angel eyes, coupe corners and side markers (both smoked)
3) MadChiga: Depo/DJ/ZKW? HID's? No angel eyes.
4) jay01_brown: Depo/DJ/ZKW? HID's? Angel eyes? Corners? Sidemarkers?
5)

Add your name to list above and update your options/comments as required. I know DDM has lights, and so does Koalty (sp?). Anybody want to volunteer to do the legwork on getting some pricing? I don't really have the time to deal with this until the new year.

S52|ZF|TRM Coilovers 670/895|Staggered 18" 5's
Axxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 01:42 PM   #39
5style
Hatters gon Hatt

get used ZKWs and don't cheap out on depos, the only thing depo is ok at making are marker lights and corners, even depo tails suck as their seals leak water. I had depos, never again. The tabs didn't break off all over, that being saidm the light output was pitiful
Old 12-16-2012, 02:06 PM   #40
jay01_brown
OBSERVE

4) jay01_brown: Depo/DJ/ZKW 4300k 55w HID No angel eyes SEDAN clear corners (97-99) smoked side markers (97-99) I would like the depo gen5/projector36 style
jay01_brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 01:10 AM   #41
sparf328
boostjunky

5) zkw (coupe, post 97) 4300k hid, highest wattage ballast available, no angel eyes, smoked side markers and smoked corner lights..

ill be selling my recently new depo's with 6000k, 75w prolumen hid's, literally one season on them...pm me if interested

does anyone have a solution to the crappy seal on the depo tails?
sparf328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 05:29 AM   #42
AZ_E36
MOPAR M1.5

I did something a little different with my car..... My upgrade was FREE. and can see MUCH better.... you should see those jerks who have their brights on, then I hit mine, they shut off theirs REAL fast....

as you can see there are some rough edges, but ive done more with them since. cleaned up those broken edges and sealed them with black silicone. you cant even see the silicone right now, but it makes them water tight, and I prefer the look. Its always another option instead of spending $400 on headlights that take rock hits anyway. I have been running mine like this for about 8 months. no issues
AZ_E36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 03:00 PM   #43
///M325i
(OO==[lll][lll]==OO)

I've managed to add a few things such as city lights in the high beam slot, 8000k HID's in the low beam slot as well as angel eye rings and french fog down below. The headlights themselves are smoked as well. (keep in mind all this is done to stock 1994 325i headlights) OEM/stock is the best lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg city lights.jpg (62.6 KB, 75 views)

Last edited by ///M325i; 01-11-2013 at 03:03 PM.
///M325i is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:08 PM   #44
5style
Hatters gon Hatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M325i View Post
I've managed to add a few things such as city lights in the high beam slot, 8000k HID's in the low beam slot as well as angel eye rings and french fog down below. The headlights themselves are smoked as well. (keep in mind all this is done to stock 1994 325i headlights) OEM/stock is the best lol
for blinding everyone. Thank god you have eyebrows, as maybe they cut off some of the glare.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:45 AM   #45
SiR
Vtec just kicked in

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M325i View Post
8000k HID's in the low beam slot
Quote:
. (keep in mind all this is done to stock 1994 325i headlights) l
TERRRRRRRRRRRRRRIBLE set up. blinding/glare all over. Do it right or dont do it at all. Take out the HID's and go learn something.
ricers

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: