Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > Wheels&Tires
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 09-30-2012, 06:48 PM   #1
tk1738
1st Gear Newbie

e46 tire recommendations, Ottawa area

I have a 2000 E46 328i (122,000 km) with the original all season Michelin Energy MXV4 Plus tires. It's finally time to replace these nearly worn out tires (around 1mm from the tread wear bars), so I'm wondering what would be a reasonably priced replacement. I put on winter tires in late October to late April (when the temperature is going to be lower than 10C) - Michelin Pilot Alpin, so the all season tires only get half a year's use. I only drive around 8300 km per year. I don't have any complaints with these OE tires. I mostly do city driving, and I don't drive my car hard that much anymore. My tire priorities are treadlife, ride/comfort and finally handling in a performance tire, if I have to choose.

I'm looking to replace my all season tires with something comparable. What would people recommend? Is run flat worth it over tubeless?

I live in Ottawa, Canada, so I need to find replacement tires around here, or a company that can ship here.

The original tires are 205/55/R16, 91H
tubeless, treadwear 400, traction A, temperature A. The manufacturer's rating is 70,000 km.

I've done some looking around at tirerack.com, ottawatiresdirect.com.
tk1738 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:06 PM   #2
blakneto
3rd Gear Member

IMO... Run flats are a waste of cash... you already know what specs your looking for... just don't buy some garbage tires. Some are kinda a suspect from China... but if you get a good price, like $100 per tire... i would run with it.
blakneto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:25 AM   #3
Funky_monkey
1st Gear Newbie

checkout www.walltowalltires.com

I suggest you checkout www.walltowalltires.com.

I've done my research and they're the cheapest out there right now. They operate out of Greely which is probably why their prices are so low.

They also install. Last time I was there, they were doing an install in a 911 with 20". They did a great job. Tell them that Pat sent you!
Funky_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: