Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2004, 03:47 PM   #1
n1tro
2nd Gear Member

Got pulled over for Euro plate today

My friend and I were coming back from Square One and taking the Hurontario ramp north when we see a cop just standing on the left side of the turn. I was like, "WTF?! Is that a cop? And what is he doing just standing there?" to my friend. 2 seconds later I find out as I drove by him and he yells to me to pull over. I pull over like in between and bunch of other cars who were getting tickets and was wondering what I did wrong. Initially, I thought I was going to get a ticket for doing 60km/h on the ramp when it was posted 40km/h. But then the cop comes over and says I pulled you over because of your 2 license plates. He then asks me where I got the Euro plate, where then I answered..."Europe". Then the cop says that the 2 plates (the Euro plate and the Ontario plate right underneath it) causes confusion and it is a $110 ticket and legally he would have to seize my plate and that the ticket would be considered a moving violation and I may be in shit with my insurance company. I told him it's not a "real" plate and I can remove it. The cop asks me if I had the tools to do it and I said yes where then I proceed to go the front and pop off the plate since it was in the snap on bracket (thanks PWRSURGE!). The cop then says that they (the cops in general) are getting real strict on this "stuff" (dunno what he meant) and it was in my best interest not to put back on the plate. The cop then gave me back my papers and then I left. What confuses is that, was the cop right in saying my Euro plate (which says the same thing as my Ontario plate "MAD MODS") confuses the issue and I was suppose to get a ticket?? Or was it during the whole encounter, the cop realized that it'll be hard to prove that my Euro plate with my Ontario plate right underneath it, saying the same thing could be proven in court that it confuses things, and thats why he didn't give me a ticket? Any thoughts?

BTW. I was pretty non chalon about the pull over and didn't act like a jerk or like a chickensh|t so I don't think his decison was based on my behavior.
Old 10-03-2004, 03:52 PM   #2
Turkish
2nd Gear Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Turkish
man that sucks, the cops over in the uk are not any better!

Join my new site now!
www.bmwz.co.uk
Old 10-03-2004, 04:00 PM   #3
Kal
maxRealtor

Send a message via MSN to Kal
he probably pulled you over cuz ur license plate says 'mad mods' .. he was probably looking for something else around ur car to screw you on.
Old 10-03-2004, 07:46 PM   #4
///MAC
Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro

i got pulled over for the same thing, The cop was italian so he understood what my plate said "stugats" oh well, got a 150 dollar ticket becuase of it....
Old 10-03-2004, 09:24 PM   #5
Bavaria
Southern Beirut

Send a message via MSN to Bavaria Send a message via Yahoo to Bavaria
what does stugats mean?
Old 10-03-2004, 09:39 PM   #6
Understated
7th Gear [SMG III] Member

doesn't it mean d!ck or suck it or something?
Old 10-03-2004, 11:20 PM   #7
Ryousuke
6th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ryousuke Send a message via AIM to Ryousuke
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MAC
i got pulled over for the same thing, The cop was italian so he understood what my plate said "stugats" oh well, got a 150 dollar ticket becuase of it....

Man I would of paid to see your expression after you said that and cop turned around and asked what?
Old 10-04-2004, 12:26 AM   #8
niko_gt
6th Gear Member

what is stugots???? thats from that video hahahaha GINO COWBOYYYYYYYYYYY
Old 10-04-2004, 12:57 AM   #9
///Milk
BangSentra

Send a message via ICQ to ///Milk Send a message via AIM to ///Milk Send a message via MSN to ///Milk Send a message via Yahoo to ///Milk Send a message via Skype™ to ///Milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MAC

///Milk

2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8S
2009 Ford Focus SES Sedan
Old 10-04-2004, 11:39 AM   #10
Ron
2002 M3-PY

stugats

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko_gt
what is stugots???? thats from that video hahahaha GINO COWBOYYYYYYYYYYY
or Tony Sopranos' boat.
Old 10-04-2004, 01:42 PM   #11
M3ti Compact
Fuel Efficient 318 Member

What's wrong with the regular Ontario plate? I think it would look uglier if you had both the euro and Ontario plate on at the same time the way I understand your description.
Old 11-01-2012, 01:56 PM   #12
newbe46
2nd Gear Member

Most cops in GTA or Canada in general are Nazis. They harass motorists just like the SS did so to the Jews.
Old 11-01-2012, 03:14 PM   #13
ScotcH
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbe46 View Post
Most cops in GTA or Canada in general are Nazis. They harass motorists just like the SS did so to the Jews.
Yup. It's exactly like that.
Old 11-01-2012, 03:35 PM   #14
Blackedout95
5th Gear Member

I am confused, did you say you covered your ontario plate with the euro plate or both were visable completely and the euro plate mounted above not on top?

Last edited by Blackedout95; 11-01-2012 at 07:10 PM.
Old 11-01-2012, 04:06 PM   #15
bmdbley'sBro
wouldu like some tinfoil?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotcH View Post
Yup. It's exactly like that.
yeah its not like their arresting all these people & putting em in train cars for extermination ... that comes later to canada (imo - hey just ask a native about it)

ITs actually more like s.america with armed extortion gangs running wild in the streets, except you can't bribe em, cause their pimps really broke them & daddy needs dat monez. or its like crazed meth head beggars that Really NEED Your Money & theres gangs of them everywhere so you can't escape!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: