Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 5 series
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 10-15-2012, 12:30 AM   #1
rtblue
1st Gear Newbie

Discount on new M5?

Hi all, I am new here. My dad is looking at a 2013 M5. He was wondering what would consider a fair discount on a year end model before the new 2014 arrived?
rtblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 06:37 PM   #2
JayArras
E60 Fan

Don't count on it

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtblue View Post
Hi all, I am new here. My dad is looking at a 2013 M5. He was wondering what would consider a fair discount on a year end model before the new 2014 arrived?
Since the 2013 M5 was just announced, I don't think you should expect ANY discount at this time. Maybe this time next year?
Old 10-16-2012, 09:43 PM   #3
ChrisTO
∞ Gear Member

you can try doing fleet discount...typically self employed or those that receive a car allowance. the discount comes from BMW canada not the dealer. I'm not sure if M cars qualify but I've certainly seen it applied to all other models. the discount level varies based on $ of the car.
Old 10-16-2012, 11:48 PM   #4
rtblue
1st Gear Newbie

Please do tell about this fleet discount thing with BMW? How does one go about applying for this incentive? He does have his own small business. It may not applied to the M series but worth a try right?
rtblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 12:49 AM   #5
ChrisTO
∞ Gear Member

do all your negotiation up front with dealer first. then you spring it on them for fleet discount. the dealer doesn't care as it's not money out of their own pocket....it is paid from HQ...presumably Germany? or you can just deal with fleet manager at the start...my concern is how do i know if they are holding back and pocketing some of it?

yes always worth a try. no clue if fleet discounts changes per month based on inventory levels or what. appears to be updated monthly from what i've seen. i haven't personally bought on a fleet discount but know others that have. Not clear on what proof they need. but i think anyone that claims a T2200 or self employed or even has a corp fleet can qualify. even if you have a leasing car company that you work with for work...fleet discounts still apply.

http://www.bmw.ca/ca/en/insights/Cor...eet_sales.html

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: