Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > Z series
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-20-2016, 03:50 PM   #1
TheJord
1st Gear Newbie

Z3 COUPE Toronto?

Hello, I'm new here and this is my first post.... so I hope I'm doing this right.
I'm looking to buy a Z3 coupe but I'm a very tall guy. I've read a lot about potential modifications that can be done to achieve more space but need to see if I remotely fit. My question is does anyone in the GTA Toronto know of anywhere/anyone who owns (or selling) one that would possibly let me try it on for size?
I know that's a big ask but any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
TheJord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 01:00 PM   #2
Swaybars
1st Gear Newbie

I have an M coupe. I am 5'11" and I fit in the car with about 1-2 inches to spare. My car has a sunroof and with a helmet on, I touch the roof of the car.

The coupes with a sunroof have more headroom than the ones without. This will be a factor if you plan on wearing a helmet.

There are some threads on bimmerforums about people removing foam from the seat cushions to get more headroom, but I have not tried this before.

Also be aware that the steering wheel is not adjustable at all on the car.

EDIT: I forgot to mention the Z3 coupe seats are different than the M version. I do not have any experience with the Z3 coupe seats, but I cant imagine them allowing for substantially more/less headroom than the M version.

Last edited by Swaybars; 01-21-2016 at 01:07 PM.
Swaybars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 03:29 PM   #3
Mystikal
Moderator/Event-Coordinator

I'm 6'2" but more leg than torso. I cannot fit in a stock Z Coupe for more than 20-30 mins at a time comfortably. I had the same experience when I bought my Z Roadster, but after the "seat tilt mod" and foam padding delete behind the seat I have an acceptable amount of leg room and can do long road trips and walk fairly normally afterwards.

Tags
for sale?, gta, toronto, z3 coupe

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: