Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Classifieds > For Sale > Suspension & Brakes
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: Cool or Not Cool
Cool 3 42.86%
Not Cool 1 14.29%
Could be lower 3 42.86%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-12-2012, 09:14 AM   #1
bmmernut
Wrencher of BMW Ferrari

E30 ST full race suspension feeler

I have an E30 with a full on Suspension techniques suspension, race grade lowering springs, race grade shocks, stock 325i brake setup, that I am looking at swapping out to a sport 5 bolt setup. I might be interested in selling off the existing setup as a complete suspension. very low; lowered about 2 1/2" in the front and 1 3/4" in the rear, with no clearance issues. It has very low miles and works very well, just a bit too stiff for me on the bad roads around Kitchener-Waterloo. If you are interested in the complete suspension, or some of the parts please let me know. We can talk about prices. I would also possibly do a package with the BBS RS 025 16" x 9.5" wheels and Kumho Ecsta 205/45-16 tires on 120x5 bolt adapters to 100x4 bolt adapters. Wheels are in perfect condition, with gray centers, perfectly polished rim lips, every second bolt is a spikey stud, no road rash at all. let me know if you are interested.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0306.jpg (563.1 KB, 266 views)
bmmernut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:05 AM   #2
e30 myles
1st Gear Newbie

how much you selling for?
e30 myles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:23 PM   #3
ViSoR
2nd Gear Member

Off topic but your car looks great!! What are those sideskirts again?
ViSoR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:29 AM   #4
defaultName
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViSoR View Post
What are those sideskirts again?
I think those are the OEM "is" or sport side skirts.
defaultName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:23 AM   #5
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

Please explain to me what's "race grade" about the shocks and springs? Are the shock absorbers adjustable?
Old 11-25-2012, 01:58 PM   #6
bmmernut
Wrencher of BMW Ferrari

The shocks are Suspension Techniques (STsuspension). Fronts are ST marked AL-KO 8716GKN4204 and are 24" overall with 5" of travel. Rears are ST PN 6122008 and also marked AL-KO Sport 61220008 and 1092GKN4605 and are 24" overall with 7" of travel. These shocks are much stiffer than Bilstein Sports. The Springs are red H&R Race Springs, and also very stiff. The H&R Race front springs are normally 315 lbs per inch (someone corrected me here - thanks), but being cut they are somewhat higher rate...maybe 350? The fronts are cut so they drop the front of the car about 2". I also have drop hats for even more drop. The rears drop the rear of the car about 1.5". All in excellent working condition. I will get some pictures up soon. I would be willing to trade the race springs for a set of H&R Sport springs.

Last edited by bmmernut; 11-25-2012 at 04:16 PM.
Old 11-25-2012, 03:33 PM   #7
craz azn
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to craz azn
The published H&R Race front spring rate is in the neighbourhood of 315~330 lb/in. I'd guestimate that you only had a coil, or less cut off judging by the ride height, so that would put the spring rate in the area between 400-450 lb/in.

On another note... would you be willing to trade the race springs for Eibachs?

Rippin' Proper | Youtube | Vimeo |
craz azn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:23 PM   #8
bmmernut
Wrencher of BMW Ferrari

Thanks for the info and the offer. Now that I have finally found a chart of spring rates I see that H&R (front) sports are around 200 lbs per inch while Eibachs look like they would be either 102 or 160, both of which are probably too soft for my liking, so I think that I will pass on the Eibachs.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:25 AM   #9
bmmernut
Wrencher of BMW Ferrari

ST Sport Lowering Shocks

I am willing to sell the Suspension Techniques Lowering front strut inserts and rear shocks on their own, in case anybody is interested in just the shocks. They are in excellent condition, and working fine.

Tags
bbs rs wheels, lowering springs, suspension techniques

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: