Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 5 series
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 09-08-2012, 12:54 AM   #1
JayArras
E60 Fan

Phatbox Audio System

I have a Phatbox music system that came out of my E39 5 Series for sale. This unit is also compatible with the E46 3 Series and the X5. The Phatbox unit replaces your CD changer and the included BMW interface makes it recognizable to the head unit as a CD player and permits you select artist, genre or album through your steering wheel controls. You can also create playlists and select that way. The selections you make are announced through your radio speakers! The cartridge for my unit is 20 GB and will hold upwards to 3000 songs!

I purchased this unit new for $750 from PhatNoise. The package I'm selling for $295 (or best offer) includes the player, USB cradle that connects to your PC, 20 GB cartridge, interface cable, owner's manual, PhatNoise Music Manager software to manage your MP3 database and to get music onto and off of the player, and about 500+ MP3 files (my musical tastes run the gamut from rock, ambient, jazz, techno, hip-hop, etc. There should be something there for everyone ). The music alone is worth more if you had to download from iTunes!

I'll also include a unique bracket I fabricated to install the system in the left trunk compartment straddling the radio amp and instructions on how to connect it to your system. I just used the pre-wired CD changer cable. I have had no technical issues with the system whatsoever.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:14 AM   #2
E39M5
2nd Gear Member

Would this work on an E39 with DSP and Nav?
E39M5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:05 PM   #3
JayArras
E60 Fan

Unfortunately, no. I am told that the DSP adapter is different from the one I have. They're out there. I just don't have the one you'll need. Sorry.
Old 10-09-2012, 01:32 PM   #4
ZiMMie
6th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to ZiMMie Send a message via MSN to ZiMMie
the OG. Kenwood Keg.

great buy for any audio head.

It also supports flac.

GLWS OP.

www.StanceFactory.com
ZiMMie is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
audio, cds, mp3, phatbox, stereo