Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > Track Junkies
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 08-27-2012, 02:01 PM   #1
Woodbronks
1st Gear Newbie

CSCS Round 4 Lapping Vid

A vid of me lapping at CSCS Round 4 Aug19 2012 at Cayuga

http://youtu.be/kGRcuqgqduA
Enjoy!!

Last edited by Woodbronks; 08-27-2012 at 02:05 PM.
Woodbronks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 03:22 PM   #2
Nolimit77
2nd Gear Member

re

Very nice! I wanted to come by and say hi that day as we were the only E36's there competing. I was in the green 328i E36 btw

Where did you end up in your class?
Nolimit77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 06:40 PM   #3
Woodbronks
1st Gear Newbie

Thanks man.. ya I was just down from where you were pitted, I ended up 4th in class that day, previous races 3rd .. I got stuck in the unlimted class because of my tires but great times so far this year!
Old 08-27-2012, 07:26 PM   #4
nab24-
2nd Gear Member

what all do you got done under the hood?
Old 08-27-2012, 07:29 PM   #5
Nolimit77
2nd Gear Member

Re

Ya, I was in SSR due to my rs3s. I wouldn't mind running in that class if I wasn't up against e92 m3s and vettes. The guy who won my class was Riaan and he runs in ota(as do I). He is 4 classes ahead of me in that series but at CSCS we are in the same one. Oh wellz, I still managed a PB.

What time did you run?
Old 08-27-2012, 08:46 PM   #6
Woodbronks
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nab24- View Post
what all do you got done under the hood?

well it's 328is motor Turner Pullys,M50 Manifold, AFE Intake, Clutch Fan delete,ASC delete,A/C delete, vibrant Catback exhaust, 3:15 gears out back, rest it's a normal car
Old 08-27-2012, 08:54 PM   #7
Woodbronks
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolimit77 View Post
Ya, I was in SSR due to my rs3s. I wouldn't mind running in that class if I wasn't up against e92 m3s and vettes. The guy who won my class was Riaan and he runs in ota(as do I). He is 4 classes ahead of me in that series but at CSCS we are in the same one. Oh wellz, I still managed a PB.

What time did you run?
Ya at CSCS it's odd classes based on tires brakes and interior hard to be competitive but I guees your racing your time not others,
all is good. I run a 1:25ish as my practice lapping and timed times on this new MyLaps system which is nice, good on you for the PB i knocked off a tenth this time from the first race
Old 08-28-2012, 08:18 AM   #8
Nolimit77
2nd Gear Member

re

Ya, I was stoked to get a 1:22.8 and didn't really care who was in my class at that point.

Have you been out to an OTA event before?
Old 08-28-2012, 08:44 AM   #9
Woodbronks
1st Gear Newbie

Nice thats a good time, little by little i'm working my way down to those times....
No never been to an OTA event just looked it up this morning to see what it was about, it look's to be fun with the tracks you get to drive and more events even!
Old 08-28-2012, 09:09 AM   #10
Nolimit77
2nd Gear Member

re

You can get there for sure. I think I will be at the next CSCS TMP event so if your looking for any pointers, drop by.

As for OTA, we have two events at the Mosport GP track this weekend(events 7 & 8). Only $275 for the day which is cheap for that track. In fact, if three people get together, it is only $260. If you have any questions about OTA, shoot me a PM.

Heres the CASC OTA link --> http://www.casc.on.ca/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11
Old 08-28-2012, 09:34 AM   #11
craz azn
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to craz azn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodbronks View Post
A vid of me lapping at CSCS Round 4 Aug19 2012 at Cayuga
Just a friendly suggestion that you should maybe consider going to a formal driving school... You have a lot of umm.. interesting habits. You will find taking a simple school will make you become smoother, and ultimately, faster.

Rippin' Proper | Youtube | Vimeo |
craz azn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 11:52 AM   #12
davericher20
black and blue

Its great that youre going to the track, but if you want to be a better driver out of the gate start with a school like Rudy said. Then you can go back and rape just about anything that steps on the track at a cscs event.
There are def a few bad habits that i noticed (unsolicited advice, take it however you please)

Missing just about every apex
Braking waaaay too early
Not getting on the gas soon enough
Wrong gear for certain turns.
I dont think i heard even 1 blip of the throttle while you're downshifting so you're not heel toeing
And last but not least you're sitting too far back from the steering wheel. Your arm should still be bent when it's at the top of the steering wheel.
Im going to the school sept 8th and 9th, you should come too, waaaay different than a cscs event. $500 for 2 days of lapping mosport gp with class and in car instruction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JINT View Post
Some people have serious track experience from the cruise, so what is fast to you, isn't fast to them.
davericher20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 12:01 PM   #13
Woodbronks
1st Gear Newbie

re
Ya for sure if your at the next CSCS I will stop by for sure any tips do help, i'm doing some reading here at my lunch about the OTA events I just may join for next year i'm going to see what I have to do to get the car ready for an event like those, example...cage,seats,belts,suit if needed etc.....

re
I have considered a school just waiting for the full race car to be built not my street car.. even thow I have lots to learn, it is my first full year on a track and only 5th track session went once last year and it was a blast.... what school do you recomend in Canada? can you elaborate on my interesting habits, any pointers?
Old 08-28-2012, 12:35 PM   #14
Nolimit77
2nd Gear Member

re

Quote:
re
Ya for sure if your at the next CSCS I will stop by for sure any tips do help, i'm doing some reading here at my lunch about the OTA events I just may join for next year i'm going to see what I have to do to get the car ready for an event like those, example...cage,seats,belts,suit if needed etc.....

re
I have considered a school just waiting for the full race car to be built not my street car.. even thow I have lots to learn, it is my first full year on a track and only 5th track session went once last year and it was a blast.... what school do you recomend in Canada? can you elaborate on my interesting habits, any pointers?
I was going to point out some mistakes in the video but it really is hard to instruct when not actually inside the car. That being said, listen to what the others in this thread have said! Going to a few different schools will help dramatically and will in the end make you a much better driver. I would definitely look into OTA and BMW trillium schools as they seem to have the best bang for buck. There are schools such as skip barber but they are allot more expensive and only available south of the border.

Before you do anything, make sure you know where you want to go with this sport so you do not end up wasting money. It is expensive afterall!

Oh and btw, in OTA you do not require a cage, harnesses, seats or suits to compete.

Class your car here --> http://www.macrocosm.on.ca/ccdb/Defa...21&Car_ID=2661

Rule are here--> http://www.casc.on.ca/timeattack_rules
Old 08-28-2012, 12:43 PM   #15
craz azn
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to craz azn
Quote:
The Trillium school at Mosport is taking place on Sept 8-9. That's a pretty good one, especially when you factor in the money spent and the amount of track time you get. And you get an instructor assigned to you, and they will work with you throughout the weekend.

Habits? I only watched about a min or two of the video... just from that alone, a few things that stood out to me was seating position and hand placement on the wheel. You need to be seated into as much of the seat as possible so you are comfortable, and that you aren't moving around like a rag doll. How can you feel what the car is doing in your backside when you are moving around in your seat that much? Hand placement on the wheel... generally you want to keep your hands at 9 and 3 on the wheel (granted there are some exceptions to that, but for the most part, that's where you want to be when on track) so it keeps you square with the 4 corners of the car, as well as not loosing track of center... what happens if you slide? You won't know how much opposite lock to feed in to catch it.. and you end up with one of those tank slappers that keeps on going... and going. Remember to be calm and not 'choke' the wheel too... you will act more fluidly with reactions if you are calm and not tensed up.

Rippin' Proper | Youtube | Vimeo |
craz azn is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: