Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 08-30-2012, 10:36 AM   #106
AcidSnow
Boss of Bosses

I'm still a lingering wilnot . . .
AcidSnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 10:28 AM   #107
Axxe
Over 9 F**KING THOUSAND!!

Nostalgic thread is nostalgic.

S52|ZF|TRM Coilovers 670/895|Staggered 18" 5's
Axxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 01:28 AM   #108
BimmiN
3rd Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to BimmiN
Stopped by to check out the forums... first time in two years. I was from BC so didnt meet most of you but used to spend all day on this site. I am surprised at how many usernames I remember.

Edit: Just saw my profile: I have owned 3 BMW's since updating and havent lived in Canada for 7 years. Time flies.
Old 09-18-2012, 06:11 PM   #109
AMG_POWER
500HP Member

HOLAaaaaaaaaa
Old 10-02-2012, 06:44 PM   #110
VSanj
6th Gear Member

man its good to see some familiar names posting.............not really an og.......i jioned in 06 i think.........old yes, og.......no.....lol
Old 10-18-2012, 02:21 AM   #111
330DTM
Cinematographer

Send a message via ICQ to 330DTM Send a message via MSN to 330DTM
O G here!
Old 10-19-2012, 04:44 PM   #112
Hasselhoff
3rd Gear Member

not many posts, but have been on here a while.

Out of the BMW game for now, but will hopefully be back in one sometime in the near future.
Hasselhoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:55 AM   #113
Slowered318
Reform Luddite

Thanks for the "OG" mention Sheldon, honoured. lol

Glad I was part of the early 2000's Maxbimmer parking lot pimpin', garage meets, cruising at night, good buddy stuff, and most important food destinations!

I was just thinking the other day how much I preferred the internet back then. The Maxbimmer (car club) vocation seems to be replaced by "social networking", I honestly hate social networking. I would rather read/search BMW stuff and make jokes then repetitive baby pictures on Facebook. Maybe people are just growing up around me, moving on? They seem to have the same amount of time to waste reading tweets and timelines, so I don't really "follow" it? Things have really changed, back then if you said something ignorant you would get called out or a complaint would go to some guy sitting in his parents basement... not the authorities. Oh well, I still work on my car from time to time - usually consists of opening the hood, looking at the motor, sip a beer and scratch my ass.

Would be nice to see ye OG's a little more often so I'm down for a reunion or whatever meet... that sounds really gay. I do run into members from time to time along with the usual "what year is that, looks mint" people on the streets. lol

Take care ladies and germs.
Slowered318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:02 PM   #114
A.K.A. Blackout
BLACKOUT

Man I miss the OG's... I actually have parts from RevShot still on my car, and proud to say I'm still rock'in the same car that I started with on this forum. Things are soo different at meets... and I always seem to miss the cruises that Jay arranges. Nice to see so many familiar names on this thread...
Old 11-07-2012, 12:49 PM   #115
BigD
the misanthropist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowered318 View Post
I was just thinking the other day how much I preferred the internet back then. The Maxbimmer (car club) vocation seems to be replaced by "social networking", I honestly hate social networking. I would rather read/search BMW stuff and make jokes then repetitive baby pictures on Facebook. Maybe people are just growing up around me, moving on? They seem to have the same amount of time to waste reading tweets and timelines, so I don't really "follow" it? Things have really changed, back then if you said something ignorant you would get called out or a complaint would go to some guy sitting in his parents basement... not the authorities. Oh well, I still work on my car from time to time - usually consists of opening the hood, looking at the motor, sip a beer and scratch my ass.
I feel the same. Got so tired of FB, all this social networking shit is just an arena for narcissists. I just used it to keep my photos organized. It's also partially why I used to like this forum so much - most people who mattered acted the same on it as they did in person. That'll probably never happen again.
Old 11-07-2012, 04:45 PM   #116
crusher
OMGHI2U2

Send a message via Skype™ to crusher
Nostalgic it is, still remember when the max crew went to BMW Toronto's opening. I'm sure the pictures is burried here somewhere. Miss the good ol' meets at Woodbine/16.. Vlad's getting pulled over by the cops while we cruize at bayview/hwy-7. Seeing SuperM3 vs the A4 race. Where are you KennyTheGreat i'm sure you are still here!

Jeff

Sold/Traded-in
2006 M5
2003 M3
2003 Civic Si
2000 M Coupe
1999 M3
1999 323i
crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:09 PM   #117
KIRASIR
Your Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330DTM View Post
O G here!
He he, I see some Dec 2001 guys are still around...

KIRASIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 11:55 PM   #118
SiR
Vtec just kicked in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowered318 View Post
The Maxbimmer (car club) vocation seems to be replaced by "social networking", I honestly hate social networking. I would rather read/search BMW stuff and make jokes then repetitive baby pictures on Facebook. Maybe people are just growing up around me, moving on? They seem to have the same amount of time to waste reading tweets and timelines, so I don't really "follow" it? Things have really changed, back then if you said something ignorant you would get called out or a complaint would go to some guy sitting in his parents basement... not the authorities. Oh well, I still work on my car from time to time - usually consists of opening the hood, looking at the motor, sip a beer and scratch my ass.
This is spot on for pretty much all forums. They are ALL dead/dying. Its sad.
But kids these days have zero attention span to read more than a tweet and/or facebook blurb.

good old fashioned flamewars/arguing/debates... aint no one got time for that!

Maybe we are getting old but forums had something going 10 yrs ago.
Old 11-08-2012, 12:57 PM   #119
King Luis
The King.

Send a message via MSN to King Luis
i've been lurking also.

Sold:2004 Silver Gray M3
Mods: Dice Unit, EAS Angel Eyes, Painted Reflectors, CSL Diffuser, Smoked Corners, PSS10s, 15mm Front and 10mm Rear Spacers.

Gone:1990 Brilliantrot 325is
Mods: Alpine speakers and HU, Euro Projectors, Magnaflow Muffler, Euro Smoked Tails and GC Coilovers.
King Luis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:57 PM   #120
Slowered318
Reform Luddite

Don't forget Miguel and MKgino, those two were jokes along with the Randy of course.

I miss those days... Had too much energy back then I would detail the car once a week, usually prior to the Woodbridge meets.

Last edited by Slowered318; 11-09-2012 at 11:59 PM.
Slowered318 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: