Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 08-15-2012, 09:49 PM   #1
poolays
2nd Gear Member

Help!! :(

Hi, I have a 1992 325IS and I am having the following problems:

1) When the car is started, the transmission shifts fine but after coming to a stop after about 5 minutes of driving the car goes into limp mode so the gears do not shift correctly (the car only stays in 4th gear or someting like that). This problem can be solved by shutting it off, removing the key, and starting it once more after 5 minutes of sitting. If you do this, the the car runs fine for a while and then it happens again.
2) Lastly the sunroof only opens at certain times. When the car is first started the sunroof usually doesnt work however after driving the car for a while it works fine.

I had the transmission rebuilt 2 years ago and has been fine since, just recently this has been happening. I also changed the sunroof relay and switch
poolays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 11:38 PM   #2
poolays
2nd Gear Member

quick update on my situation, i pulled a transmission code for electronic pressure control solenoid (epc). anyone know where to buy/ where its located and how to change?
poolays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 07:28 AM   #3
DET1990
2nd Gear Member

here is some information on it maybe this can help

http://www.europeantransmissions.com....BMW/01-31.pdf
DET1990 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: