Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 07-17-2012, 03:34 PM   #1
bmdbley'sBro
wouldu like some tinfoil?

Two Dead, 19 Injured in Toronto Party Shooting

Two Dead, 19 Injured in Toronto Party Shooting

Quote:
City not safe: Cop

374 comments

By Alex Consiglio ,Toronto Sun
First posted: Monday, July 02, 2012

Toronto seems more like a war zone than a “safe city,” a frustrated veteran police source said Monday.

“Our shooting stats are way, way up already this summer and it needs to be addressed,” said the veteran copper, adding “politicians like to say Toronto’s safe, but you and me know that’s not the case.”

A case in point, there were three separate shootings over the long weekend - including one where a stray bullet struck an innocent two-year-old girl.

Initial reports said the girl was “grazed” by a stray bullet Saturday night.

In fact, it didn’t just graze her but lodged itself in her leg and likely came from a rifle, possibly even an AK-47, said the source.

The girl was sitting in the driver’s seat of a vehicle on her aunt’s driveway near Keele St. and Sheppard Ave., with her legs outside the vehicle’s door. The toddler usually sits on the kick-bar that leads to the driver’s seat.

“We need to stop burying our heads in the sand and saying there’s no gun

problem in Toronto,” said the source. “Warzones is where this sort of stuff

should be happening, not in Toronto.”

The source, citing the June 2 Eaton Centre shooting spree, said comments from politicians are misleading and sweep an issue that should be dealt with openly under the rug.

Mayor Rob Ford released a statement following the Eaton Centre shooting which advised residents to “just continue living our lives like we do every day.

“It’s been a terrible couple of days but this is definitely, like I said before, the safest city in the world.”

Accused gunman Christopher Husbands is now facing two charges of first-degree murder, plus five counts of attempted murder and criminal negligence causing bodily harm in connection with the Eaton Centre mayhem.

Since then, John Raposo, Ricardo Vincent and Hussein Huessein were all shot and killed, bringing the city’s 2012 homicide total to 25.

And according to Toronto Police statistics, there have been 153 victims of shootings as of June 22 — that’s not including murdered Vincent, Hussein or the injured men this long weekend.

The 153 victims is nearly a 40% increase from the same time last year.

Chief Bill Blair told the city’s police services board last month that most of Toronto’s gun violence is the work of a “small group” of some 2,000 thugs and criminals who are “beyond redemption

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/07/02/city-not-safe-cop
seems all the gun banning - gun free zone - gun control BS is working
Old 07-17-2012, 05:52 PM   #2
1BADBMR
6th Gear Member

Who throws a party on a Monday night
04 Honda Civic (Beater)
93 318i (SOLD)
1BADBMR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 06:27 PM   #3
sirex
King Sirex

We need more guns. If we all had guns, then mother ****ers would be scared to pull this shit cause they would probably get capped.
Old 07-18-2012, 01:00 AM   #4
rendered
6th Gear Member

I say just start deporting all the "gang bangers" , "hoodlums", and "wanksters" to Guantanamo Bay..... lol no but it all seriousness, these police officers have to be more aggressive with "persons of interet"... make them know they're being watched... but a criminal/crook doesn't care about going to jail... that's their fate to end up there!
rendered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 10:10 AM   #5
ericdalinda
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BADBMR View Post
Who throws a party on a Monday night
LOL this!

people are getting absolutely retarded in the head these days, Eaton centre shooting, now this?

one thing for sure is its definetely the parents fault, not giving them enough attention. I saw one lady walking like 25-35 feet in front of her 4 or 5 year old kid while talking on the phone, as i passed the kid she turns around and screamed at him to "hurry your ass up". then resumes talking on her phone.

what ever happened to holding the boys hand and asking him how was school? what did you learn? etc..

scary to think now what that child will grow up to be with a mother like that.
ericdalinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 11:58 AM   #6
Blades
Your opinion is to long

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirex View Post
We need more guns. If we all had guns, then mother ****ers would be scared to pull this shit cause they would probably get capped.

All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. Thats how far the world is from where i am. just one bad day. - Unknown
Blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 03:44 PM   #7
careless7
Drivin' new whips weekly

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirex View Post
Amen
Old 07-18-2012, 08:21 PM   #8
sirex
King Sirex

Lol Blades.

My comment was geared towards all the stupid non-sense about no guns on the street, blah, blah.

It doesn't work. Illegal guns will always exist. IF people have guns, this shit will still happen. If people dont have guns, this shit will still happen.

So, at least if we all have guns, you draw a gun, then someone else draws a gun.

escalation will be a deterent.
Old 07-18-2012, 08:38 PM   #9
davericher20
black and blue

I completely agree with lifting the ban on guns. Just make bullets insanely expensive. Who wants to start an ammo company?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JINT View Post
Some people have serious track experience from the cruise, so what is fast to you, isn't fast to them.
davericher20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 09:57 PM   #10
calegrant
6th Gear Member

My Kenyan born boss the morning after this "I put money on it being another inner city immigrant Ni**er"......
Just goes to show the rep some of these individuals have amongst their own communities. **** housing people who don't want to assimilate peacefully, one strike and you're on your way home. I'll be SHOCKED if the suspect/guilty person in this crime does not have several prior offences.
Old 07-19-2012, 08:43 AM   #11
Jon325i
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by davericher20 View Post
I completely agree with lifting the ban on guns. Just make bullets insanely expensive. Who wants to start an ammo company?
That's like saying "Let's make gas insanely expensive to cut back on speeding."
Jon325i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:54 AM   #12
Big Chin
5th Gear Member

Cops and Ford just need to start breaking legs... Fack the Charter of Human Rights... if you are gang affiliated... You should get the People's elbow from the Mayor...
Old 07-19-2012, 12:57 PM   #13
davericher20
black and blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon325i View Post
That's like saying "Let's make gas insanely expensive to cut back on speeding."
Hmm, never thought of it that way.

Touche

Quote:
Originally Posted by JINT View Post
Some people have serious track experience from the cruise, so what is fast to you, isn't fast to them.
davericher20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 05:19 PM   #14
bmdbley'sBro
wouldu like some tinfoil?

new punisher trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Chin View Post
Cops and Ford just need to start breaking legs... Fack the Charter of Human Rights... if you are gang affiliated... You should get the People's elbow from the Mayor...
ok i'll play: I'll agree with your 'solution' 100% on one condition. being, that these created 'death squads' members must be either executed or jailed for life - with no parole until after at least 20years served...

because its a given that they kill some of the wrong people, some will be wrongly affiliated, honest people in those hoods will also end up victims of the police.

want to create monsters to deal with monsters? you're still left with monsters!
-
my alternate solution - proposal is: a total lifting of all gun bans. also the gov should pass law that all adult citizens must carry while in public. and the gov should provide the weapons 9mm police issue.

that shouldn't sound that insane or anymore insane then 1 gunman being able to shoot 24+ people unopposed in a major city or the creation of police death squads

Old 07-19-2012, 06:50 PM   #15
ericdalinda
6th Gear Member

really? everyone carrying a pistol? what happens at bars then when one person has had a little too much and draws there weapon for what ever reason? the entire bar will draw their guns. thats not such a good idea. tell me can you accurately fire your weapon while intoxicated?

obviously you have to make a exception for bars then correct? ok. what happens when one person sneaks into a bar with a pistol then?

your left with the exact same problem we originally started with. but now more people have guns.
ericdalinda is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: