Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 07-21-2012, 05:42 PM   #31
ericdalinda
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon325i View Post
Remember the States has 10 times the population that Canada has. Statistically the US has become considerably safer since concealed carry laws have come in to effect. Concealed carry in most states has only been around for about 10-15 years.

Anti guns crowds said with the liberalization of concealed carry laws "Blood would flow down the streets." It hasn't happened. In fact, violent crime in many area's has drop at least 30%.

Also The cities with the most gun crime in the US, i.e. Detroit, Chicago, New York, LA, Washington, all of those cities already have the strictest gun control measures in the US.

Funny how the cities with the strictest gun control have the worst records of gun violence.

Violence is a social issue, not a gun issue. Once you start blaming "objects" for the actions of people, it's all down hill from there.
can you explain how chicago has had 440 homicides last year but toronto well under 100? (identical population by the way)

or how bout miami florida (concealed carry is allowed) a population of 400,000 people had 68 murders last year.

also this BS of considerably safer argument with concealed carry's? miami had 66 murders in 2000.... so dont know where your getting your facts from but concealed carry's just allow absolute patriotic meat heads to walk around with a gun to feel safer...

if a situation arrised where he actually should use one, garunteed he will not fire that weapon accurately putting many more people in harms way.
ericdalinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 09:17 PM   #32
Jon325i
1st Gear Newbie

Chicago has about the worst homicide rate in the US. It has nothing do with concealed carry however, as concealed carry is not allowed in the state of Illinois. So that's out of the equation.

Look at the stats in Miami in the 80's long before CCW laws went into effect. You will notice almost a 30% reduction in violent crime since then.
Jon325i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 09:37 PM   #33
calegrant
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon325i View Post
Chicago has about the worst homicide rate in the US. It has nothing do with concealed carry however, as concealed carry is not allowed in the state of Illinois. So that's out of the equation.

Look at the stats in Miami in the 80's long before CCW laws went into effect. You will notice almost a 30% reduction in violent crime since then.
You're really going to try to use Miami as an example to bolster your case? The huge influx of crime to Miami in the 80's through the 90's was a direct result of the cocaine boom. Likewise the decline was also as a result of the drug fuelled crime, much of which is due to Reagan's efforts with the failed War on Drugs. CCW's had nothing to do, the crime was mostly criminal on criminal in nature.

Check out the film Cocaine Cowboy's, you'll learn all about how crazy that place was back then.
Old 07-21-2012, 09:56 PM   #34
Jon325i
1st Gear Newbie

You guys focus too much on big cities, you need to look at the overall reduction in an entire state.

Besides your right, Miami is one of the worst places in the world for drug trafficing. Not the mention the horribly corrupt police department.

People in Miami love their blow.
Jon325i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 12:05 AM   #35
bmdbley'sBro
wouldu like some tinfoil?

-

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: