Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 06-27-2012, 01:50 AM   #61
NE46IL
2nd Gear Member

Did Rocco also tell you that BMWfan = RMP Motors = Rocco?
NE46IL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 01:59 AM   #62
Eurostyle
MaXsponsor

You have NO reason to complain, me and several people told you right from the start to get a new mechanic, if you didn't...this is ALL on you.

By the way, the speed rating on the tires is BS; ON any Canadian highway you are NOT allowed to go over 100Km/h, so even the cheapest Walmart tires will do the job! If you are cruising in europe at 200+, then you might be conserned about the rating...
Most models E30 E36 E46 E90 E92 E34 E39 E60 E32 E38 E65 E66 X5 M3 M5

Call 11-8PM 416 821-2578
New inventory daily. 50+ cars in stock!
Eurostyle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 08:56 AM   #63
Barnsdale
2nd Gear Member

+1

The OP is an absolute tool on so many levels. If you originally just went to RMP who originally did your pre-purchase inspection this issue would have been resolved and you wouldn't be on here making a jack@ss of yourself.

The mechanic who you are trying to flame on here told you outright to get a second opinion and you didn't - man up and stop blaming someone who was being honest and someone who you had previously given a positive review of his work; until you made the wrong decision by not taking his advice.

The only lesson to be learned by this tool is some people shouldn't own BMW's and that this type of post on maxbimmer should be taken with a grain of salt.
Barnsdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 09:04 AM   #64
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

Can you please make up a few more stories and mention Rocco's name a few more times?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWfan View Post
(Rocco said the same thing.)
(Rocco had found that vacuum leak and fixed, while the mechanic I talked about in this thread had no idea what’s going on for a whole week!)
(Rocco told me the same thing)
(Rocco also told me that the front struts are worn out.)
(Rocco also said that my tires are not the best and he suspected them to be the reason behind the shimmy at 120km/h.)

So far, I can only recommend one mechanic: Rocco of RMP Motors.

Last edited by T.Dot_E30; 06-27-2012 at 09:06 AM.
T.Dot_E30 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 11:16 AM   #65
SiR
Vtec just kicked in

rotors dont warp especially not from street use.

its pad deposits.
Old 06-27-2012, 01:15 PM   #66
Eurostyle
MaXsponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiR View Post

its pad deposits.
I bet you never used cheap aftermarket rotors to make this statement!
Most models E30 E36 E46 E90 E92 E34 E39 E60 E32 E38 E65 E66 X5 M3 M5

Call 11-8PM 416 821-2578
New inventory daily. 50+ cars in stock!
Eurostyle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 02:00 PM   #67
BMWfan
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep 3.2TL View Post
Nobody cares... you can shut up now...
If you don’t care then you could simply move to the next topic—that’s what normal people do. If you don’t care then why would you bother and take the time to click on the thread, go to page 4, read the posting, and then write a rude and useless comment?!

Also, just because you don’t care it doesn’t mean “nobody cares.” You can only speak for yourself—you don’t represent every user on this forum. The amount of replies and private message this thread generated shows that people do care.

I don’t know, maybe you are a nice person in real life. I am not upset by your comment because I understand it is easier for people to be rude to strangers online.

May you have a nice day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurostyle View Post
You have NO reason to complain, me and several people told you right from the start to get a new mechanic, if you didn't...this is ALL on you.

By the way, the speed rating on the tires is BS; ON any Canadian highway you are NOT allowed to go over 100Km/h, so even the cheapest Walmart tires will do the job! If you are cruising in europe at 200+, then you might be conserned about the rating...
“From the start” was when I was seeking help with the shimmy problem. That was after the mechanic changed the driver side drive shaft, and way after the installation of the new mediocre tires and the new rotors on worn out struts.

Anyway, you have been a lot of help. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NE46IL View Post
Did Rocco also tell you that BMWfan = RMP Motors = Rocco?
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Dot_E30 View Post
Can you please make up a few more stories and mention Rocco's name a few more times?
I am only mentioning Rocco so you know that two mechanics—AG+R’s senior mechanic and Rocco—had the same diagnosis, while the mechanic I talked about in this thread had a completely different opinion about almost every problem and therefore he solved almost none of the problems. I am not mentioning Rocco to promote RMP Motors (I've been there only twice anyway). I did so to show you that two different knowledgeable mechanics were able to diagnosis all the problems my car has, while the mechanic I talked about in this forum was not able to identify the root cause of a single problem my car has (yet still tried to fix the symptoms and cost me money!)

T-Dot, your user name sounds familiar. Are you in any way affiliated with T-Dot Auto Collision?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnsdale View Post
+1

The OP is an absolute tool on so many levels. If you originally just went to RMP who originally did your pre-purchase inspection this issue would have been resolved and you wouldn't be on here making a jack@ss of yourself.

The mechanic who you are trying to flame on here told you outright to get a second opinion and you didn't - man up and stop blaming someone who was being honest and someone who you had previously given a positive review of his work; until you made the wrong decision by not taking his advice.

The only lesson to be learned by this tool is some people shouldn't own BMW's and that this type of post on maxbimmer should be taken with a grain of salt.
I did seek a second opinion, but it was too late: that was after installing the mediocre tires, the new rotors on the worn out struts, and the un-needed drive shaft. He only suggested I seek a second opinion after I already wasted over $1,500 in installing mediocre tires, new rotors on worn out struts, and a drive shaft that I did not need. That’s like a doctor advising you to get an X-Ray after extracting a tooth by mistake because he thought he had accurately diagnosed which tooth simply needs a filing!

Suppose a dear family member of yours worked hard to save money to buy a Lexus because she likes the car brand. She found a Lexus she likes and knew it needed a couple of grands in repairs but the car was exactly like she wanted her Lexus to be so she was willing to pay for it to be fixed. Then went to a mechanic recommended on maxbimmer and after over $2,000 in repairs/changes and 2 months time she found out all the changes he did, did not fix the problem. (The new tires were no good, the new rotors were installed on worn out struts, the replaced drive shaft had nothing wrong with it, and engine shut down problem was due to a vacuum leak and not the need for Octane boosters and more premium fuel.) When she comes complaining to you, would you call her a “tool” and a “jackass”? Would you tell her that she is one of those “some people [who] shouldn't own” a Lexus?!

Suppose you are a fair judge who is very knowledgably of the law. And suppose a stranger’s case is similar to mine, would you call him a “tool” and a “jackass” in court and let the mechanic go free practicing on other people’s cars while telling the plaintiff that he shouldn’t own a BMW? Suppose, it a wrongful case of a doctor amputating the wrong limp of a patient? Would you call the patient a “tool” and a “jackass” for complaining about the incompetence of the doctor?!

I welcome all comments but at least try to be fair and respectful. This is my first car so I really didn’t know what to expect from the mechanic. Put yourself in my shoes before you call me names and accuse me of being unfit to own a BMW.

I am not flaming the mechanic. If I wanted to I could have easily mentioned who he is. I originally gave him good reviews because I didn't know the shimmy problem was caused by the new tires he recommended. And the new rotors didn't get warped at the time--they started showing signs of warpage about 2 months later (probably due to the worn out struts which he mentioned nothing about.)

It seems the only correct diagnosis he made is that I needed a new mechanic.
BMWfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 02:40 PM   #68
Smitty
4th Gear Member

omggggggggggg
Old 06-27-2012, 02:51 PM   #69
Dinanstu
3rd Gear Member

Rotors need to bed in, so take it easy for a while so YES they can warp from street use..

Tires are rated for speed and sidewall strength - not just speed....

Get it sorted, hate to see people so wound up! Wish u the best...
Dinanstu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 03:46 PM   #70
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWfan View Post
T-Dot, your user name sounds familiar. Are you in any way affiliated with T-Dot Auto Collision?
Negative.
Old 06-27-2012, 03:48 PM   #71
SiR
Vtec just kicked in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinanstu View Post
Rotors need to bed in, so take it easy for a while so YES they can warp from street use..
Old 06-27-2012, 04:10 PM   #72
BMWfan
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinanstu View Post

Tires are rated for speed and sidewall strength - not just speed....

Get it sorted, hate to see people so wound up! Wish u the best...
Thank you for the advice and good wishes.
BMWfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 08:36 PM   #73
E30S54
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiR View Post

its pad deposits.
You sir , are a moron . Rotors do warp it is not always pad deposits! Ask any real mechanic. Install a set of cheap china rotors on your car and go drive like a racer, they will warp in 10 min.. Gay
E30S54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 11:09 PM   #74
Blackedout95
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by E30S54 View Post
You sir , are a moron . Rotors do warp it is not always pad deposits! Ask any real mechanic. Install a set of cheap china rotors on your car and go drive like a racer, they will warp in 10 min.. Gay
DITTO!

And 110% agree with Phil (Eurostyle), I personally see oem rotors warp within a short time from street use, that is why there is a warranty and they ask no questions when returned.

Hell I see it it often enough to KNOW it happens but what do I know
Old 06-28-2012, 10:07 AM   #75
SiR
Vtec just kicked in

lol kkk brah you guys have a clue.

Ive had all kinds of rotors (incl cheap ) over the yrs and each time they "warped" its because of shat pads. changed out to quality pads...sand the rotor surface a bit , bed new pads..no more vibration omg wtf how.
Now I just skip all that and run a quality pad from the get go. Worth the money.

Why dont you dig a bit further and try to understand whats actually going on rather than calling people morons and gay.

The quality of chinese steel is perfectly acceptable these days but Im sure you knew that

Last edited by SiR; 06-28-2012 at 10:11 AM.
SiR is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: