Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E46 (1998 - 2005)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 10-27-2013, 06:29 PM   #1
gec
2nd Gear Member

98 328is

Sold my 95 525i and bought this 328is in great condition 2 weeks ago certified & e tested,I sold the 525 cheap so I could keep the rims and new snows that were on it only to find out that they won't fit the 328. So we put the snows from the 525 onto the 328 and all is good but the rubber we took off of the 328 is shot....No way should the car have passed a safety it's right down to the wear marks on the back and not much better on the front, question is can I go back on the garage that certified it or the mto...don't really want to go after the seller as I figure I got a good deal and he was a great guy but needed the money...and I have 4 525i 16in rims for sale and don't know what they are worth in good condition for the year.
gec is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 05:41 PM   #2
mr ilia
3rd Gear Member

Probably not, the car could have had different rims and tires when it was in for safety.
Old 10-28-2013, 07:50 PM   #3
gec
2nd Gear Member

Ya that's about what I figured I'm gunna have to bite the bullet and buy new tires in the spring, if I sell the 525i rims and a few other parts and pieces I might be able to come out even for new summer tires and not rock the boat. Just ticks me off that a well known garage in T.O. could let this pass and I'm also to blame for not seeing it at the time,but it was a quick sale 100km away and I spent more time looking over the engine as the car itself is in near new condition and it's not the previous owners fault as he had the dealer do all the upkeep.
ty for reply!
gec is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: