Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > Sightings
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 06-28-2012, 06:15 PM   #46
Blackedout95
5th Gear Member

LOL, you realed in the Honda comment and switched it for hating americans in general, nice.
Old 06-29-2012, 10:31 AM   #47
SiR
Vtec just kicked in

LOL.

people rice everything out. No make is immune from it or silly owners. If you really need a make that has the most ricers its clearly vw... thats painfully obvious

I saw an e46 m3 the other day and it dawned on me that I actually do not see very many of them anymore.
Old 06-29-2012, 11:25 AM   #48
Tom
4th Gear Member

Lol I'll have to disagree with the vw thing when do you see a 10 ft tall wing and massive body kits on vws.. But i do agree the vw guys put some ridiculously agresive rims/skinny tires...I also DD a civic so I have nothing against civics and I would never modify it, the car is meant for great gas mileage imo but two each there own...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiR View Post
LOL.

people rice everything out. No make is immune from it or silly owners. If you really need a make that has the most ricers its clearly vw... thats painfully obvious

I saw an e46 m3 the other day and it dawned on me that I actually do not see very many of them anymore.
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 12:49 PM   #49
davericher20
black and blue

VW's being the most riced out? what crack are you smoking? I want some.
If anything they're one of the most classic/tasteful of "stanced cars" (yeah I said stanced )
Neons, cavaliers, civics, (especially SiR civics) accords, preludes are the most riced that I see on the road. (faded paint, unpainted body kit, big wing, spacecraft taillights, neon lights, stock height, stock wheels, burning oil....etc)
Unless you consider stanced being the same as riced? Cause they aren't the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JINT View Post
Some people have serious track experience from the cruise, so what is fast to you, isn't fast to them.
davericher20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 01:41 PM   #50
BigD
the misanthropist

Quote:
Originally Posted by davericher20 View Post
VW's being the most riced out? what crack are you smoking? I want some.
If anything they're one of the most classic/tasteful of "stanced cars" (yeah I said stanced )
I agree with this. They may be some of the most modified cars out there but it's almost never done poorly. He'll I'm not a fan of stance/poke-n-stretch and I like them.
Old 06-29-2012, 02:52 PM   #51
SiR
Vtec just kicked in

stance is rice.
as is rusted hoods and all those doodads that go with it.

vw = king. Just look at the rides n styling on vortex...or sh*t even bfc. lulz.

rice doesnt necessarily mean ugly imo.

Last edited by SiR; 06-29-2012 at 03:10 PM.
SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 10:56 AM   #52
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

[quote=SiR;1573181]stance is rice.
as is rusted hoods and all those doodads that go with it.

vw = king. Just look at the rides n styling on vortex...or sh*t even bfc. lulz.

rice doesnt necessarily mean ugly imo.[/QUOTE]

+1
Wow, you and I are going to be an amazing company at a dinner table. One minute we will be slinging insults at each other across the table, the next clanging glasses together in agreement.

Come out to a meet, I'd love to meet ya! aha!

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:. Individual-1 of 1 - Style 65 Wheels; 9.5" Square Set up;275 Tires;10mm/3mm Spacers; Black Kidneys;Muffler Delete; 3.5" Dual Tips; Beast Power; "Dinan" Ducts; E60 SSK; BC Coils
Hers--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Avus Blue/Grey/Black:. 1 of 8
Toys
'88 BMW 635CSi Blue/Tan Sport
'81 MB 500 SEC Euro Koenig
bmwm5lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 11:23 AM   #53
davericher20
black and blue

what's next then? any car with tint is rice?

It's not the same. The people who rust their hood and drop their rides are achieving a certain look. Ricer owners are trying to achieve a certain look but haven't gotten there yet cause of insufficient funds or they bought shitty products. They bought the bodykit, but they can't paint it. They bought the wing, but it's on backwards/they don't go to the track. Their car burns oil cause they can't fix it. etc etc.

Rice does not mean ugly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JINT View Post
Some people have serious track experience from the cruise, so what is fast to you, isn't fast to them.

Last edited by davericher20; 06-30-2012 at 11:31 AM.
davericher20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 04:30 PM   #54
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by davericher20 View Post
what's next then? any car with tint is rice?

It's not the same. The people who rust their hood and drop their rides are achieving a certain look. Ricer owners are trying to achieve a certain look but haven't gotten there yet cause of insufficient funds or they bought shitty products. They bought the bodykit, but they can't paint it. They bought the wing, but it's on backwards/they don't go to the track. Their car burns oil cause they can't fix it. etc etc.

Rice does not mean ugly.
I disagree. Respectfully ofcourse.

Tinting you windows is fine, but tinting your windows with the film that changes colour or has chrome on it (although more expensive than regular tint) is rice.

Most rice is due to insufficient funds, not ALL however. Some comapnies make things that are gaudy (sp?) and tacky, they could be cheap, they could be expensive in some cases, but they can still be classified as rice.

Rusted hoods is rice, moronic, appalling and gay, i don't care what you preach.

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:. Individual-1 of 1 - Style 65 Wheels; 9.5" Square Set up;275 Tires;10mm/3mm Spacers; Black Kidneys;Muffler Delete; 3.5" Dual Tips; Beast Power; "Dinan" Ducts; E60 SSK; BC Coils
Hers--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Avus Blue/Grey/Black:. 1 of 8
Toys
'88 BMW 635CSi Blue/Tan Sport
'81 MB 500 SEC Euro Koenig
bmwm5lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 01:53 AM   #55
honeydew
Don't laugh,it's paid for

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvan View Post
I love to buy japanese because I hate americans. The world would be a lot nicer without them.
Are we talking about the cars or the people? If it's people, you're just kidding, right?

Rice is kinda in the eye of the beholder, there's a line but it's fuzzy. Most guys who do up the V-Dubs actually do a really nice job, There are a couple in town that just look amazing.

Egye30 I know what a E30 M3 looks like and what it should have, I just haven't seen a whole lot of them in my lifetime. I think I've seen 2, ever. So I knew what I was looking at immediately. It was just weird, I was parked in a drive-way that had the only 2 M3's in the entire state, by accident.
honeydew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 11:17 AM   #56
Blackedout95
5th Gear Member

Rice is as simple as bad taste, rich or poor they all have tendency for rice.

While we here may see those with less money rice out their cars we can just as easily go west coast where they spend tons on "rice". Some rice things out because it is all they can afford and some because they simple have bad taste...it's still all rice.
Old 07-03-2012, 01:05 AM   #57
honeydew
Don't laugh,it's paid for

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackedout95 View Post
Rice is as simple as bad taste, rich or poor they all have tendency for rice.

While we here may see those with less money rice out their cars we can just as easily go west coast where they spend tons on "rice". Some rice things out because it is all they can afford and some because they simple have bad taste...it's still all rice.
What a strange turn this thread has taken
honeydew is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: