Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > Sightings
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 06-22-2012, 06:34 PM   #31
Blackedout95
5th Gear Member

Let's be even more honest. Most young M3 owners don't actually even own their cars to start with lol It's either mom and dad money or a bank, just sayin. Heck even more mature new M3 owners likely dont, finance!
Old 06-22-2012, 09:42 PM   #32
//Mik3
2nd Gear Member

Nope you didn't hit a nerve I just found it funny that you complained about the dinan mods yet you would trade in to a dealer and lose more there. Why didnt you just part the car out? If the dealer gave you a generous amount I can understand they probably made it on the new one anyways so I don't have an issue with that.
//Mik3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:43 PM   #33
//Mik3
2nd Gear Member

Mind me asking the details on the car you sold? I'm just surprised at 13k with upgrades unless it wasnt in great shape and/or had high miles?
Old 06-23-2012, 09:09 AM   #34
jenn
1st Gear Newbie

170 kms. 02 m3. 13000 dealer tradein is equal to 14800 cash. Going rate on that car (based on private kijiji adds)between 10000 to 16900. asking... U can list it for 20000 but then saling the car mid season for that price is unlikely.
jenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 02:30 PM   #35
//Mik3
2nd Gear Member

That doesn't sound too bad really. My comment was really directed at the fact that you mentioned that e46s are a dime a dozen. It's true but it wouldn't be the reason I went to a new m3. The new m3 is fantastic and that's why I would upgrade.

I've never cared for what others think. If a new m3 was $10000 new and everyone had one.. So would I lol. just because it's badass. I make myself happy driving late at night pushing the car on the back roads not feeling cool having a car not many other people have/can afford.

Not to sound all negative towards you I'm sure there were many reasons for upgrading and all the more power to you. What color did you get?
Old 06-23-2012, 04:20 PM   #36
honeydew
Don't laugh,it's paid for

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenn View Post
170 kms. 02 m3. 13000 dealer tradein is equal to 14800 cash. Going rate on that car (based on private kijiji adds)between 10000 to 16900. asking... U can list it for 20000 but then saling the car mid season for that price is unlikely.
You've seen an M3 for $10G's. Link PLEASE!!!!

E30 M3's are still around $10G's.
honeydew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 04:30 PM   #37
Woofer
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeydew View Post

Yea maybe an e30 m3 with high kms and showing its age. Clean low kms e30 m3 fetch way more then 10gs.
Old 06-24-2012, 07:12 AM   #38
jenn
1st Gear Newbie

A white on for 12000. And a silver once for 12000. My friend was looking for one amonth ago and thats wha we found. No one on kijiji pays asking price. They will waste your time and offer 3000 bellow selling. Its really sad.
jenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 06:25 PM   #39
lvan
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to lvan
Quote:
A white on for 12000. And a silver once for 12000. My friend was looking for one amonth ago and thats wha we found. No one on kijiji pays asking price. They will waste your time and offer 3000 bellow selling. Its really sad.
You have to thank George W Bush for that.
-1991 BMW 318i (SOLD)
lvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 08:16 PM   #40
honeydew

Quote:
A white one for 12000. And a silver one for 12000. My friend was looking for one a month ago and that's what we found. No one on kijiji pays asking price. They will waste your time and offer 3000 bellow selling. Its really sad.
I haven't seen one for less than $18,000 yet. When I was looking for mine the cheapest was $18,999 and it was Messed-Up. The next one up was $19,999 paint was bad, scored cam-lobes...

The decent ones all hung around $25,000 give or take a few G's. I would be very weary of $12,000 M3's I wouldn't touch it, if it's not some sort of fishing scam then the car has problems. I wouldn't consider less than $20,000 for mine, it's stock but low KMs.

How come you were in such a hurry to sell your E46? how are you liking the new M3 comparatively?
Old 06-25-2012, 01:46 AM   #41
davericher20
black and blue

lowest $$ e46 M3 I've seen sold at an austion for 12k, and it was wrecked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JINT View Post
Some people have serious track experience from the cruise, so what is fast to you, isn't fast to them.
davericher20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 03:22 AM   #42
egye30
3rd Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to egye30
Quote:

Really? Link me to a clean, non-abused example of an E30 M3 for 10 g's with decent mileage. If anything clean low mileage E30 M3s will fetch more than the E46 M3 simply because of the fact that there isn't too many around anymore, specially if its an original Evo m3.

Here's a link to a 10-ish grand E46 m3 (not affiliated)

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ390892467

Another reasonably priced M3 Cabrio (not affiliated)

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ390689602

1990 325i Sterling Silver Metallic/Black leather.
M52B28 OBD-I W/ S52 Cams, M50 Manifold, SS Headers, Short ram intake, Stage 2 clutch w/ 14lb flywheel, Mark D chip tune.
Bilstein Sports with Eibach Pro springs + E90 drop hats, F+R Strut bars, '04 330ci Steering rack (3.0 Lock to lock, 13:1)
Custom Built BBS RS's 16x8 square.
egye30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 05:11 AM   #43
honeydew

Quote:
Originally Posted by egye30 View Post
Really? Link me to a clean, non-abused example of an E30 M3 for 10 g's with decent mileage. If anything clean low mileage E30 M3s will fetch more than the E46 M3 simply because of the fact that there isn't too many around anymore, specially if its an original Evo m3.
Ya. Honestly I was so pissed by the claim of a $10,000 E46M3. I didn't research before I spazzed. I have NEVER priced a E30M3 so it was an educated guess.

But I did stumble upon a MINT E30M3 while in Columbia, South Carolina this winter.. Great story actually.

In January I was hanging with a bunch of (self-proclaimed) rednecks in their driveway. Chatting about their trucks, dogs, guns and me, fancy-pants-city-girl wit dat shiny car. You know, the usual. I started to talk more about the M3. Then one of them yells, "Ay! Ya'll like M3's? Come see..."

Walked down the drive way to a covered car. He starts undoing bungy's and knots and untangling what he can. I lift the cover off the driver hood corner. It's a metallic charcoal with the M colours across the corner.

I was like "Holy F**k it's an E30." Knelt down, there's an M badge in the grill. Lifted the cover off the fenders. I was like "Sh*t those are big fender flares." Almost square shaped. I had never really seen one up close before.

Southern car, never seen snow 45K Miles. Paint looked amazing, nice dark charcoal metallic. M trim inside the car was all there, nothing harvested. Seats looked new, driver's normal wear.

He wanted $12,000. I have a feeling there might be something wrong engine wise. They said the owner comes by a few times a year to start it and clean the brakes up (Rednecks and their wild tales!) and last time they couldn't start it, presumably there trickle wasn't charging.... but? They were shooting straight with me cause they didn't care if the car sold. They were just entertaining me.

They looked like stock wheels but IDK for sure. 14's? Sound right?
Old 06-25-2012, 01:31 PM   #44
egye30
3rd Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to egye30
Quote:
Ya. Honestly I was so pissed by the claim of a $10,000 E46M3. I didn't research before I spazzed. I have NEVER priced a E30M3 so it was an educated guess.

But I did stumble upon a MINT E30M3 while in Columbia, South Carolina this winter.. Great story actually.

In January I was hanging with a bunch of (self-proclaimed) rednecks in their driveway. Chatting about their trucks, dogs, guns and me, fancy-pants-city-girl wit dat shiny car. You know, the usual. I started to talk more about the M3. Then one of them yells, "Ay! Ya'll like M3's? Come see..."

Walked down the drive way to a covered car. He starts undoing bungy's and knots and untangling what he can. I lift the cover off the driver hood corner. It's a metallic charcoal with the M colours across the corner.

I was like "Holy F**k it's an E30." Knelt down, there's an M badge in the grill. Lifted the cover off the fenders. I was like "Sh*t those are big fender flares." Almost square shaped. I had never really seen one up close before.

Southern car, never seen snow 45K Miles. Paint looked amazing, nice dark charcoal metallic. M trim inside the car was all there, nothing harvested. Seats looked new, driver's normal wear.

He wanted $12,000. I have a feeling there might be something wrong engine wise. They said the owner comes by a few times a year to start it and clean the brakes up (Rednecks and their wild tales!) and last time they couldn't start it, presumably there trickle wasn't charging.... but? They were shooting straight with me cause they didn't care if the car sold. They were just entertaining me.

They looked like stock wheels but IDK for sure. 14's? Sound right?

If it resembles this here, then you've deff encountered an E30M3. With that low mileage and in the condition you're explaining, I would have taken a gamble and offered them $10k and if the motor was no good, just swapped in a more modern BMW motor if it came down to it. S54-E30M3 anyone ?

1990 325i Sterling Silver Metallic/Black leather.
M52B28 OBD-I W/ S52 Cams, M50 Manifold, SS Headers, Short ram intake, Stage 2 clutch w/ 14lb flywheel, Mark D chip tune.
Bilstein Sports with Eibach Pro springs + E90 drop hats, F+R Strut bars, '04 330ci Steering rack (3.0 Lock to lock, 13:1)
Custom Built BBS RS's 16x8 square.
egye30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 12:44 PM   #45
lvan
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to lvan
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiR View Post
bmw's have been riced out just as long as civics. if not longer.
and plenty of clean and fast hondas out there. To think otherwise is straight up ignorant.

fact is the entire car scene has been garbage for yrs. and dumb a55es drive everything. You cant get away from clowns , no matter what you drive. If you are an enthusiast none of this crap should matter to you. Do your own thing and hang out with other people who are interested in the same things you are.

the idiots will always be there.
Well, I did not want to stay anything negative for Hondas in general. I meant to say flash but no cash as soemone pointed out. After all, I love Toyotas and Hondas because they destroyed american domestics. I love to buy japanese because I hate americans. The world would be a lot nicer without them.
-1991 BMW 318i (SOLD)
lvan is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: