Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E46 (1998 - 2005)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 06-06-2012, 09:28 PM   #16
Blackedout95
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakneto View Post
:p Damn we got told! :p
Yep, I never noticed either, just saw e46 in his avatar and assumed. Since when does the average max member drive nice M3's
Old 06-06-2012, 10:07 PM   #17
Maple
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackedout95 View Post
There is nothing wrong with using a small flush when needed. We see plenty of bmw's who's first owner believed they only needed to change the oil every 24-25000 km's because after all its what their dash is telling them. Those types of cases (there are plenty) have a fair build up of gunk, usually white/cream looking and easily recognized when simply removing the oil cap. A flush is a SAFE and easy way to TRY and remove/break down any buildup before draining the oil.

Please explain why a flush is a bad thing when used when needed.
The milky gunk is the sign on short trips and now getting teh car warmed up properly . It could also be the sign of improperly working CCV.

All this flush blash is only going to hurt the engine, not immediately but in the long run. There is a GOOD reason why BMW recommends using OIL in your engine and nothing else but engine oil. Flush blush contains chemicals that werent approved by BMW engineers for internal engine use, why? maybe becaseu they are too harsh and eat away the much needed protective layer of oil that you need for cold start up...

Either way , I would trust BMW engineers over some self made mechanics anyday and twice on Sunday. I dont need to explain how the flush blush is bad for the engine , if you need explanation call BMW and ask .

25000 kms is absolutely fine in E46 non -M IF you use Approved LL-01 oil and approved BMW filter, GIVEN the rest of your car is working properly (ccv, vanos,O2). You want to argue 25k kms oil change ?
Maple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 11:10 PM   #18
blakneto
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple View Post
The milky gunk is the sign on short trips and now getting teh car warmed up properly . It could also be the sign of improperly working CCV.

All this flush blash is only going to hurt the engine, not immediately but in the long run. There is a GOOD reason why BMW recommends using OIL in your engine and nothing else but engine oil. Flush blush contains chemicals that werent approved by BMW engineers for internal engine use, why? maybe becaseu they are too harsh and eat away the much needed protective layer of oil that you need for cold start up...

Either way , I would trust BMW engineers over some self made mechanics anyday and twice on Sunday. I dont need to explain how the flush blush is bad for the engine , if you need explanation call BMW and ask .

25000 kms is absolutely fine in E46 non -M IF you use Approved LL-01 oil and approved BMW filter, GIVEN the rest of your car is working properly (ccv, vanos,O2). You want to argue 25k kms oil change ?
I'll take that CHALLENGE!!!!!
I'll call AutoHaus tomorrow!
blakneto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 11:18 PM   #19
Blackedout95
5th Gear Member

Quote:

Now I know you are talking out your ass. 25,000 is FINE?!?! Those great bmw guys the one's who are so smart who speak of life time tran fluids and 25,000 km oil services, so smart that they are the reason for failures and build up.

And this isn't self made mechanic talking, this is real experience. I work along side two guys who have worked for bmw and their own shop for over 30 years each! In fact there is no way a REAL mechanic working for bmw or not can say with a straight face 25,000 oil service are just fine, unless they are real green and real brainwashed.

There is also NO danger in a one time engine oil flush, none.

I happened to have done several services today alone, there is a HUGE issue with changing your oil 4 times on a 100,000+ km car. Have you ever looked at the valvetrain of a 100,000km+ car with 4 oil changes. Don't tell me it is simply because of short trips and heat up. I see the same handful of e46 failures day in and out...ccv, disa, vanos, oil filter housing, power steering lines, valve cover gasket and on and on...the one's with massive buid up and "gunk" the under serviced my dash said I was good for 25000+ km one's. Who by the way don't ever know they have leaks or failures until it gets very bad because guess what, we don't need a service for 25,000 kms or my brake light comes on or my brake sensor went bad so now X isn't working. Bmw's 25000 oil service is pure BS and a very sad mark on them imo.

Last edited by Blackedout95; 06-06-2012 at 11:46 PM.
Blackedout95 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 07:00 PM   #20
Maple
1st Gear Newbie

Yes I've pulled valve covers off of E46s that change oil every 25000, they look spotless clean. Why ? because they use approved LL-01 oils . I've also pulled countless covers off of those who use no name Mr lube oil every 3000 k , I cry every time

You have absolutely no knowledge in LL-01 engine oils , otherwise you would't be sating what you said. LL-01 oils are tested and guaranteed for over 25k with a piece of mind. If you use other oils, of course you gotta change the oil accordingly

It just makes me laugh that you have absolutely no idea about LL-01 oils , not even a freaking clue. I cant even argue with you , its so pointless.

Do you have any data to prove what you're saying? Because I can pull at least 20 pages to prove you wrong

Go to Bimmerforums and argue that
Maple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 08:59 PM   #21
Blackedout95
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Yes I've pulled valve covers off of E46s that change oil every 25000, they look spotless clean. Why ? because they use approved LL-01 oils . I've also pulled countless covers off of those who use no name Mr lube oil every 3000 k , I cry every time

You have absolutely no knowledge in LL-01 engine oils , otherwise you would't be sating what you said. LL-01 oils are tested and guaranteed for over 25k with a piece of mind. If you use other oils, of course you gotta change the oil accordingly

It just makes me laugh that you have absolutely no idea about LL-01 oils , not even a freaking clue. I cant even argue with you , its so pointless.

Do you have any data to prove what you're saying? Because I can pull at least 20 pages to prove you wrong

Go to Bimmerforums and argue that

Says the guy who believes plastic is better than metal.

Honestly not going to argue with you, I could counter and tell you oil is oil after being run for a limited time, molecules and such but if you believe your fav oil is good for 25000, good for you. I am all for using a long life oil but I am more so for changing it much sooner than bmw recommends, thats all.

Last edited by Blackedout95; 06-08-2012 at 09:07 PM.
Blackedout95 is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: