Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E46 (1998 - 2005)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 05-28-2012, 08:35 PM   #16
pawelgawel
3rd Gear Member

I understand the whole part into actually researching (which has been done years ago by actual manufacturers) and putting time into finding someone to copy the teflon seals and the orings... But let be real about this... With increase in demend the cost should drop allong with the cost of multi manufacturing. Most likely it cost less then a couple of dollars to make up the kit.

Like many people have tried before.. As long as i have the measurements i can get these seals locally much cheaper. The problem is willing to release this secret so people just get the kit and forget about about it. If anyone is willing to lend me their old seals id be willing to get some kits for the Canadians
pawelgawel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:12 AM   #17
pawelgawel
3rd Gear Member

... ok I hate my phone....

the problem is people are not willing to share this secret of measuremnts and so many just get this kit for $60 and get over it.

If someone has the old ones or new, I can find someone who can make it out of the right material.
Old 05-29-2012, 11:39 AM   #18
blakneto
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawelgawel View Post
anyone order from here??
http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-Twin-Dou...item231d221cc6

I just cant understand how couple seals can cost $75 with shipping when they cost less then $10 in reality. If I had the measurements Id go to a specialty store and get them... or order a 100 pieces and sell them for $40 shipped.

Does anyone have actual measurements?
Don't buy from UK... unless the shipping is CHEAP! you'll get killed on the duty fees unless they send it as a gift.
blakneto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 11:47 AM   #19
pawelgawel
3rd Gear Member

Its free shipping. Duties are 13% so about $6.. Not sure about handling charges
Old 05-29-2012, 08:34 PM   #20
mercforhire
1st Gear Newbie

pawelgawel got a good point.
Thinking about it, I think the guy have already made half a million or more on these seals already.
Profit: $50 x 10,000 Sales approximate.
mercforhire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 04:46 PM   #21
ac_2007
Cruising in Top Gear

Someone has to pay for research and development. Don't forget the (FREE) precious instructions you follow on their website to do you own DIY.

If it was my website, I would only allow customers with a code to have access to the information.
Old 05-31-2012, 05:04 PM   #22
pawelgawel
3rd Gear Member

Ok... I understand that research takes time and effort. I dont argue the fact that they should make profit for the time they invested.
But in this capitalist society, theory states with increase in demand and increase in supply, the price should fall. But in this instance the equalibrium is not adjusted and price is being determined not by the market but by monopolizing the product.

If more people made this product the price would be adjusted with compatition. Hance why I would be very interested in providing such a product to fellow Canadians.

Research was not done by them but by the actual manufacturers of silicone amd rubber. Its not which difficult to see which material withstands higher temperatures. Internet has plenty information on that. and as long as you have the actual copy of the seals and orings... Any supplier will make it for you especially if you order in large sum.

They have sold thousands of the kits by now and have not adjusted the price due to the fact that there ia no one else doing them.

Again...

Does anyone have a set i could borrow or even purchase old set?
Old 05-31-2012, 06:35 PM   #23
blakneto
3rd Gear Member

I am not trying to be a hater... but...

You drive a BMW.

But yet you refuse to pay $60 for a item that will save you thousands, because of some slight against capitalism??

Again... YOU DRIVE A BMW!

Brother... don't let me ever catch you drunk in a bar, dry humping some MILF looking chick! :p
Old 05-31-2012, 08:43 PM   #24
pawelgawel
3rd Gear Member

^
A) please enlighten me how it will save me THOUSANDS?
B) get off your pedastal... Bmw is just a car with regular car problems...
C) of you dont want to contribute with decent comments stop trillin...
And finally
D) there is a reason why im driving a 330, i save my money by doing my own work and try to save on items such as these little orings that are well overpriced.
Old 06-01-2012, 02:09 AM   #25
blakneto
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawelgawel View Post
^
A) please enlighten me how it will save me THOUSANDS?
B) get off your pedastal... Bmw is just a car with regular car problems...
C) of you dont want to contribute with decent comments stop trillin...
And finally
D) there is a reason why im driving a 330, i save my money by doing my own work and try to save on items such as these little orings that are well overpriced.
A - dont bother changing the rings and find out. Do a google search... Change the rings and you get better mileage and less vanos failure.

B - i am not on a pedastal... Which in english we call PEDESTAL. I am in a 325i. If you wanna compare bmws to "other" cars fine with me... Just don't make spelling mistakes when you "attempt" to argue intelligently...

C - Who is trillin? I am commenting...

D - if you wanted to save money... You wouldn't drive a 330i... Or a bmw... Or whine about $60 on a bunch of rings.

Like i said from the start... I am not trying to be a hater... But... You drive a BMW...

Let there be peace...
Old 06-01-2012, 08:05 AM   #26
pawelgawel
3rd Gear Member

Ok… Bro...

Let me give you a piece of advice, don’t call anyone Bro or Brother unless you actually know them.
Im not going to argue your lame ass points, its not worth my efforts. I don’t know how old you are or how many years of life experience you have with cars but it shows.
To get in touch with reality on automotive market in general here is what you should do:
Call around insurance companies and parts stores and compare your average Japanese cars, Mazdas Hondas Acuras… to your BMW. There is a financial reason why I chose a 330.
As for your ‘thousands of dollars’ remark… please school me on what will happen to my godly 330 if I don’t change the seals at 150k? or 200k? or 250k? like 90% of all BMW owners. I don’t track it… its not an m3.
and again... I DO want to change them...
Sorry for being a jack ass but seriously consider what you write before clicking that button.

Now back to the topic….

I would LOVE to find a better solution than paying out $75 for a couple of seals and gaskets, and maybe even give other options for those in Canada. If anyone has Old hardware I could use for comparison reasons I can pay for it as well. I have only one car so I kind of need it running.
Old 06-01-2012, 12:37 PM   #27
blakneto
3rd Gear Member

Whatever bro... :p
Quit your crying and go hide under your mothers skirt. :p

What ever I don't know about cars, you out shine in your stupidity.

Like I said... You drive a BMW.

Either pay it or don't...
Old 06-01-2012, 12:42 PM   #28
pawelgawel
3rd Gear Member

again... all you know how to do is talk trash and you cant support your statements.

Im trying to help others at the same time. If I can find someone to get these seals, everyone can save money and time.
Old 06-01-2012, 02:47 PM   #29
blakneto
3rd Gear Member

Good luck with that... And if the dude placed a patent on his design and you copy it then what? If you make the rings and they end up damaging someone"s car are YOU prepared to cover those kind of costs?

$60 vs some Tim Tool Time corner cutter?
I'll take the $60.

#TheEnd!
Old 06-01-2012, 04:35 PM   #30
pawelgawel
3rd Gear Member

^ prime example how much you know about this.

Thats right... Ill sprinkle some magic dust on it... Same one as beisansystems sprincle on theirs ;-)

Educate yourself before you type... Stop trolling

Last edited by pawelgawel; 06-01-2012 at 04:58 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: