Up for sale is my 2004 Yamaha FZ6. I am selling because I don't need both a car and bike as a toy.
- Yamaha blue W/silver frame
- 600cc I4 derived from R6 (97hp, 46.5tq)
- 423 lbs
It is mostly stock with exception of a few things.
1) Installed HID's in both lowbeam and highbeam to improve visibility during the night and day.
2) The previous owner had installed an engine cage for extra protection
3) I have cut down the front windscreen to make it more 'sport' looking.
4) Tank protector; installed by PO.
Why buy this bike? Well a bunch of reasons led me to this bike initially;
1) Cheaper than a SS bike to insure. Single white male, age 27, clean record costs $111/month (state farm). Ins company offered to insure an SS bike for THOUSANDS
2) Semi upright seating position makes for long comfortable rides without back strain or numb ass. You can still slide back if you want a more forward arching position.
3) Excellent bike to lean and grow with. I wanted to avoid paying $2,500 for a 250cc bike only to have to resell it a year later for something bigger as I gained experience. The 600cc is more than enough motor for a beginner and intermediate rider. Save yourself the time/money and pick up a 600cc rather than two different bikes.
Always stored in doors; heated during winter, cooled during summer.
Battery tender installed when stored for long durations (ie Winter).
Never winter/rain ridden.
Oil changed every season @ approximately 2000kms intervals.
Chain lubed very frequently (Approx every 500kms)
Price: I am asking for $4,500. I am fairly firm on that but always open to offers. I would also be willing to trade for an 97/98/99 E36. Feel free to PM me if interested. Please no test pilots.
I will add more updated pictures later but attached is one that I took shortly after I bought it. The windscreen you see in the pic is not the modified stocker. It is an extra windscreen that will come with the bike. I will also include the Yamaha service repair manual as well as anything else I have for the bike. Minus my helmet, gloves, and jacket.