Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > Track Junkies
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 05-02-2003, 01:56 PM   #1
greekthang
6th Gear Member

Challenged a 97 Audi 2.8

Thought I would share.

Going to work today I lined up with a 97 Audi 2.8. We came of the line slow through 1st. He gunned it a bit and so did I. We where neck and neck just cruising. I was in forth and wanted to pass him slowly so I gave it a bit of gas. He guns it all of a sudden and cuts me of. Prick !!!! I get behind him pop it in 3rd as soon as the road opened up I laid an ass kicking to him. Smoked him by 4 car lengths. Though they would be quicker than that. He really didnít want to let up though. I slowed down and he flew by. Typical when you lose by that much.
Old 05-02-2003, 03:23 PM   #2
Soldo
6th Gear Member

hahahaha, i get those kinda NASCAR drivers all the time!!
If it was a QUATTRO, you should of KILLED IT, i think a regular 2.8 might keep up a BIT better than that!
Old 05-02-2003, 03:33 PM   #3
greekthang
6th Gear Member

I think it was a quattro. Anyways he got served. We deserved for the cut off he gave me.
Old 05-02-2003, 04:49 PM   #4
djcontra
Gets Blown Daily

Send a message via ICQ to djcontra Send a message via MSN to djcontra Send a message via Yahoo to djcontra
Nice kill! I love those flybys when somebody loses a race.
I raced this punk in a Mercury Cougar (the new ones) who thought he was all hot shit with his body kit and quad exhaust etc. I must have smoked him in my auto-e36 by about 6 car lengths near the end of the race. The funniest part was when he tried to impress me by flying by me, through a red light, where a cop was parked ready to turn at the intersection! That guy got busted sooooooo fast after that! I just drove by laughing the whole way....what a way to lose!!

BTW, watch out for a yellow A4 with the plate SC3.
The guy who owns that one supercharged it and it hauls ass!
He's also got a tricked out saab with the plate VIGGEN as well, but I'm not sure what he's got under the hood.

'94 Supercharged E36 325is (150,000 original km's)
Mods
-Vortech V9 G-Trim @ ~10psi w/ BOV
-Shortstack headers
-Vortech RRFPR
-255LPH Walbro fuel pump
-TEIN SS Coilovers w/ Pillowball mounts
-Keskin KT1 17x8.5 & 17x10
-Remus full catback
-Authentic Rieger Infinity I body kit
-SMT6 EMS (Untuned)

djcontra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2003, 05:00 PM   #5
greekthang
6th Gear Member

Great kill djcontra. buddy got burned at the end. HAHA serves him right. I will definately keep my eyes open for that A4. I would race him knowing I would lose but there no harm in that. If you lose you lose. Comes with the territory. A couple of weeks ago coming back from a club I caught a M coupe at the lights on Steeles. We gave the signal to race. Light went green and he had 1/2 car in first gear. To make a long story short he smoked the crap out of me. 4th gear he had 5 cars on me. No chance
Old 05-02-2003, 07:13 PM   #6
djcontra
Gets Blown Daily

Send a message via ICQ to djcontra Send a message via MSN to djcontra Send a message via Yahoo to djcontra
I like your attitude. I'm somewhat the same way, I like to race 5.0 mustangs, especially supercharged ones. For some reason, I just get a kick out of losing to cars like that. Maybe I just like watching in disbelief at how fast they shoot off down the straightaway; it's insane!
You should try and race an older tiberon sometime. There were two times now that my opponent's engine burst into flames while exceeding the 200km/h mark

Quote:
Originally posted by greekthang
Great kill djcontra. buddy got burned at the end. HAHA serves him right. I will definately keep my eyes open for that A4. I would race him knowing I would lose but there no harm in that. If you lose you lose. Comes with the territory. A couple of weeks ago coming back from a club I caught a M coupe at the lights on Steeles. We gave the signal to race. Light went green and he had 1/2 car in first gear. To make a long story short he smoked the crap out of me. 4th gear he had 5 cars on me. No chance

'94 Supercharged E36 325is (150,000 original km's)
Mods
-Vortech V9 G-Trim @ ~10psi w/ BOV
-Shortstack headers
-Vortech RRFPR
-255LPH Walbro fuel pump
-TEIN SS Coilovers w/ Pillowball mounts
-Keskin KT1 17x8.5 & 17x10
-Remus full catback
-Authentic Rieger Infinity I body kit
-SMT6 EMS (Untuned)

djcontra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2003, 07:30 PM   #7
greekthang
6th Gear Member

HAHAHA that is hilarious. I like racing the mustangs as well. Raced one on Major Mackenzie before. He said he had mild work plus exhaust done. Told him that mine was stock. He said he only wanted to race up to 90km/h. My hole shot was amazing jumped Ĺ on him then by 90 he was a bit ahead of me. Caught him on the highway again and ripped him a new hole. Raced another mustang going North on Markham rd. Sounded really fierce. I was by myself and he was with his girlfriend. I asked him what he had and he told me mild engine work and exhaust. Sounded nice. Thought I would lose bad but we both where doing 70 and punched it !!!!! We where neck and neck right through. After all was said and done he told me he worked for BMW downtown as a mechanic.
Old 05-02-2003, 10:09 PM   #8
Soldo
6th Gear Member

ya i'm like that too, i just LOVE to race cars just to see what they can do, i've had my ass handed to me by TONS of crazy cars, (M3, M5, 540i, 840i, Z 06, 911 N/A, and the list goes on and on) but i get a kick outta it cause i LOVE to see how those cars work their magic!!
Old 05-02-2003, 10:45 PM   #9
///Milk
BangSentra

Send a message via ICQ to ///Milk Send a message via AIM to ///Milk Send a message via MSN to ///Milk Send a message via Yahoo to ///Milk Send a message via Skype™ to ///Milk
Hhahah
Sounds Fun!

///Milk

2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8S
2009 Ford Focus SES Sedan
///Milk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2003, 06:35 AM   #10
BMW_M52_M20
6th Gear Member

Send a message via AIM to BMW_M52_M20 Send a message via Yahoo to BMW_M52_M20
Good, my buddy has a 2000 2.8 quattro and I beat him hands down in every gear.
Jay

Present: 1997 Jetta GLX VR6
2004 325iT (E46) (pops)
BMW_M52_M20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2003, 06:42 AM   #11
windsor318is
Nitrous Junkie!

weird i thought a A4 2.8 would be faster than a 2.8 e36. were the audis you guys where racing 5 speeds or auto?
Old 05-03-2003, 06:46 AM   #12
BMW_M52_M20
6th Gear Member

Send a message via AIM to BMW_M52_M20 Send a message via Yahoo to BMW_M52_M20
Quote:
Originally posted by windsor318is
weird i thought a A4 2.8 would be faster than a 2.8 e36. were the audis you guys where racing 5 speeds or auto?
My buddies is a 5spd, but the quattro drains a lot of power.....
I have driven his car several times, it is nice, but it is not as fast as my car....
Oh yeah and mine isn't even a 2.8L, mine is a 2.5L.....

I swear that quattro must kill 25-30hp... Plus the added weight...
Jay

Present: 1997 Jetta GLX VR6
2004 325iT (E46) (pops)
BMW_M52_M20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2003, 04:18 PM   #13
greekthang
6th Gear Member

windsor318is it was a 5 spd. My car is much faster than those Audis. Quattro weighs a ton in those cars. Even the S4's. Very fast off the line but when top end is concerned they tend to die out cuz of the all wheel drive system. Big power drainer !!!!
Old 05-04-2003, 04:25 PM   #14
Soldo
6th Gear Member

ya sometimes, you'd be surprised when the underdog takes it, last night i raced a IS300 as you all know, 3L 215hp, and i took it, from the start i had it the whole time,not too sure if it was cause he probably had an auto, but neverthaless, i WON!
Old 05-05-2003, 02:46 AM   #15
330DTM
Cinematographer

Send a message via ICQ to 330DTM Send a message via MSN to 330DTM
Quote:
Originally posted by SOLDOMATIC 325i

If it was a QUATTRO, you should of KILLED IT, i think a regular 2.8 might keep up a BIT better than that!
Hey man, don't diss the Quattro system. There will be some drivetrain loss at the higher end but they're still not that bad.

You want to run up against my friend who actually knows how to launch a car properly? He'll show you what a REAL Quattro launch is

Not to mention being able to get a 60ft time of 1.9seconds at the drag strip on street tires, not even setup for dragging.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: