Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > Track Junkies
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 05-01-2012, 10:34 AM   #16
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

Assuming you only want the GP track:

Dexter Autosport (May 11, Aug.31, Sept.21):
http://www.tdott.me/2012/04/dexter-a...-schedule.html

Kensai Racing does track days on long weekends (May 21, July 2, Aug.6).
http://www.tdott.me/2012/04/kensai-r...edule-mgp.html

BMW Toronto / Sieya Motorsports (Already Mentioned)

CASC has a school on July 28
http://www.tdott.me/2012/03/ontario-...-schedule.html
Old 05-01-2012, 10:41 AM   #17
HansW
1st Gear Newbie

I know all the dates and groups involved with the GP track, they are all listed on Mosport's website calendar. My questions was if anyone had experience with Apex specifically, which has now evolved into any other recomendations for other groups that run quality events.

For the groups you mentioned, have you been to their events at Mosport, and if so were they worth it?
HansW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 10:52 AM   #18
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

I've only been to a BMW Toronto day and it was well run, thinking of participating on May 22. I did two trillium schools last year.

A few friends of mine attend the Kensai days and it seems alright, but I haven't been to any yet, I was hoping to check it out this year.

CASC is probably good cause they are well known, probably alot of the same instructors, but again i haven't been to or participated in any of their events.
Old 05-01-2012, 07:39 PM   #19
dble Trouble
TAKE IT TO THE TRACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by craz azn View Post
Even if it isn't called that officially, a good number of the employees come out to support the event. I've always called it that because I used to be one of the said employees (which 'for the record' at the time was NOT owned by Quinn), and its like a big family... no little cliques/that type of BS that other clubs seem to have.

If you'd like to correct more 'title errors', there's tons more in the BMW Club of Canada forum on here

Like what? Don't start something again that you can't finish! You want to stir the pot........Go ahead. I want to hear it.

BMW 325I E30 Chumpcar Race Car
BMW 540iT M-Sport (New Family Hauler)
BMW 135i Msport Daily/track toy
dble Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 08:05 PM   #20
Gleb
E30 ..?

T-r-i-l-l-U-m comes to mind
Gleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 08:34 PM   #21
craz azn
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to craz azn
Quote:
Originally Posted by dble Trouble View Post
Like what? Don't start something again that you can't finish! You want to stir the pot........Go ahead. I want to hear it.
Stir what pot? You are the one trying to bait me out with the instigating posts. I do find it funny how online in front of the 'forum' you are willing to argue until your fingers fall off, yet you can't seem to answer my PMs, phone calls, or even talk to me in person (like on the weekend) so we can sort out whatever beef you decided to concoct in your head about me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gleb View Post
T-r-i-l-l-U-m comes to mind
lol

Rippin' Proper | Youtube | Vimeo |
craz azn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 11:02 PM   #22
dble Trouble
TAKE IT TO THE TRACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by craz azn View Post
Stir what pot? You are the one trying to bait me out with the instigating posts. I do find it funny how online in front of the 'forum' you are willing to argue until your fingers fall off, yet you can't seem to answer my PMs, phone calls, or even talk to me in person (like on the weekend) so we can sort out whatever beef you decided to concoct in your head about me.

lol
I don't bait you out with instigating posts, you said something false. I corrected. You are the first person on this forum to point something out if it is false. This is a fact. So bait I did not. However, when you get bum hurt from making a mistake as I pointed out in the previous post, you then turn childish and point out a mistake that one of our hardest working volunteers made, and it was a typo at that, not a factual error. I don't answer your pms or phone calls or talk to you in person...........hmmmm maybe that's because I have a full time job, I have a part time job on top of that, I have a volunteer position within a car club, I am a father of two, and a husband, trying whatever I can to make ends meet at home and have a little fun with my car hobby only to be brought down with pessimism amongst other things. Need I say more? Oh and by the way, I wanted to chat with you on the weekend but as usual, your timing couldn't have been worse, (you know that) I was dealing with an issue with a student, while giving a tour of a visitor, and I was saddled with two students as we were short instructors and supervising the skidpad exercises. At what point would have been a good time to talk to you??? I don't think you realize what others around you do, and what they give up out of their own lives to do it. There are no ulterior motives, just trying to make sure everyone has a great time at a premiere event.

BMW 325I E30 Chumpcar Race Car
BMW 540iT M-Sport (New Family Hauler)
BMW 135i Msport Daily/track toy
dble Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 11:57 PM   #23
craz azn
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to craz azn
To prevent more novels, I PMed you... yet again. Maybe I'll get a reply this time around?

Rippin' Proper | Youtube | Vimeo |
craz azn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 09:45 AM   #24
PatrolOne
1st Gear Newbie

"My questions was if anyone had experience with Apex specifically, "

To answer your original question, I've been to 2 events organized by Dez (service advisor at BMW Toronto). Great time if a bit pricey for a single day. It's $375-400 for the day, with a catered lunch, water and pop on hand.

Gerry and the Apex team offer instruction all day. Usually 2-3 groups based on experience. Passing allowed on straights. by mid afternoon many attendees leave so things speed up. Events are mostly bmw, with a few porsches, audis, Zo6, etc.

Cool group, both times I ran my 73 Dodge challenger, and everyone loved it. In the drivers briefing, Gerry goes "most of you have cars with a neutral weight balance, well, except you (looking right at me)

I know Mercedes Toronto runs something similar, as does Engineered Automotive...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1365_1.JPG (133.6 KB, 39 views)
PatrolOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 10:25 AM   #25
HansW
1st Gear Newbie

Thanks for that reply, it is helpful and informative. I have registered for an Apex event on May 23rd. From what I am getting on here they a re a good group and that is what I really wanted to know. Didn't want to waste my money.

I see you are also driving an M5, hopefully we will see you out some time.
HansW is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: