Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > Track Junkies
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 05-04-2012, 12:38 AM   #46
BMWdouche
Not Banned... Yet

Man... people need to relax.. Immediately regret posting this thread. I just thought people could have a chuckle at my misfortune. But apparently everyone has a stick up their ass. These awesome Trillium & BMW track days sound amazing. What better way to spend 500$ for a weekend getting talked down to by a bunch of people that "don't" get paid to race professionally.
BMWdouche is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 09:04 AM   #47
Quickid
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWdouche View Post
Man... people need to relax.. Immediately regret posting this thread. I just thought people could have a chuckle at my misfortune. But apparently everyone has a stick up their ass. These awesome Trillium & BMW track days sound amazing. What better way to spend 500$ for a weekend getting talked down to by a bunch of people that "don't" get paid to race professionally.
Glad you still have your sense of humor and I'm glad you came out of this relatively unscathed.

It is a public forum so when you lay it out in the open, expect all kinds of responses. It's all good
Quickid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 09:57 AM   #48
Blades
Your opinion is to long

Quote:
What better way to spend 500$ for a weekend getting talked down to by a bunch of people that "don't" get paid to race professionally.
Thank you .. someone said it. I remember one instructor from mosport in a porsche that was a complete douchebag

All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. Thats how far the world is from where i am. just one bad day. - Unknown
Blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 10:39 AM   #49
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

Quote:
These awesome Trillium & BMW track days sound amazing. What better way to spend 500$ for a weekend getting talked down to by a bunch of people that "don't" get paid to race professionally.
Rich and John are overly passionate about trillium as you can see. They are just trying to educate and spread the word in their own way. They don't mean to 'talk down' (atleast i hope so) although I can see how you felt this way as I felt and expressed the exact same feeling in the past.

Tune it down guys. As you can see it effects other people's 'perception' of the club. As a supporter and volunteer with trillium I am saying this in the most honest and professional way, please don't take it the wrong way.
Old 05-04-2012, 11:23 AM   #50
SiR
Vtec just kicked in

Quote:
Originally Posted by dble Trouble View Post
Like I said earlier not one incident. Something broke on that Porsche. Wow, why is everyone always trying to point out a mistake, or the negative. Keyboard warriors.....sheesh! SIR I'm still waiting for you to come out and introduce yourself. As far as anyone can make out here on max, or Trillium for that matter, you never leave your keyboard.......so how would you know about a Porsche leaving on a flatbed?
who is being negative? I just said I heard a porsche went on a flatbed, so obviously the porsche was hurt ...
It was part of my point that cars do and can get hurt at well run events. Its a fact of "racing".

and as far as anyone can make out... did you really just type that? Yes I never do anything in life but post on max with my 1xxx posts in 10 yrs.

Sometimes I really do wonder about some of you, and funny what they assume to know about others personally that they have never met. Its awesome you are trying to promote the club but I agree...no need to talk down on other options.

Last edited by SiR; 05-04-2012 at 11:28 AM.
SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 07:16 PM   #51
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Dot_E30 View Post
Rich and John are overly passionate about trillium as you can see. They are just trying to educate and spread the word in their own way. They don't mean to 'talk down' (atleast i hope so) although I can see how you felt this way as I felt and expressed the exact same feeling in the past.

Tune it down guys. As you can see it effects other people's 'perception' of the club. As a supporter and volunteer with trillium I am saying this in the most honest and professional way, please don't take it the wrong way.
I'm down talking? Tune it down? I don't think I've been harsh or rude to any extent in this thread.
richie_s999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 11:03 PM   #52
SamE30e
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Like I said earlier not one incident. Something broke on that Porsche. Wow, why is everyone always trying to point out a mistake, or the negative. Keyboard warriors.....sheesh! SIR I'm still waiting for you to come out and introduce yourself. As far as anyone can make out here on max, or Trillium for that matter, you never leave your keyboard.......so how would you know about a Porsche leaving on a flatbed?
Depends on your definition of incident. If incident means crashing a car, then yes, there was none.

I'm not bashing, I was just poking fun at my old car.
02 325i Sedan
SamE30e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 12:51 AM   #53
dble Trouble
TAKE IT TO THE TRACK

I have never talked down to anyone. I take great offence at that suggestion. Anyone who knows me knows I'm am the first person to help someone out. To give positive suggestions and try to help everyone out. That said, when someone asks for my advice, then doesn't take it, and something happens, how can you expect me not to get frustrated. On a similar note, I've been posting on here for years about taking it to the track, and peeps still keep street racing and crashing or getting street racing charges. I've been posting here for years suggesting to do a Advanced Driving School before doing any type of lapping days for the fear of doing silly things, and guess what reread the OP, exactly what typically happens at lapping days. Remember the whole CSCS thing last year with the scoobie doo rollover. How expensive was that day? And somone else said it earlier, you drive an e90 and can't afford $500 for a weekend? The math doesn't work there either.

And that comment about being taught by racing drivers. That was brilliant. So you're suggesting that unless someone has raced professionally that their instruction is worthless and that they don't know anything??? I'd like to know EXACTLY what you meant by that. I'd also like to invite you to ride with me in my car on June 2 or 3 at the GP track. I'd like to know what you think after one ride.....

BMW 325I E30 Chumpcar Race Car
BMW 540iT M-Sport (New Family Hauler)
BMW 135i Msport Daily/track toy
dble Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 12:53 AM   #54
Steve30
Techno Viking

take me for a ride LOL

E36 ///M3 S54
E30 325is winter build
Steve30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 10:21 AM   #55
mgunter
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
I'd also like to invite you to ride with me in my car on June 2 or 3 at the GP track. I'd like to know what you think after one ride.....
Don't forget your airsickness bag!
mgunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 01:23 PM   #56
SiR
Vtec just kicked in

the odd crash happens period...doesnt mean you should stay away from lapping days. I started out doing lapping days over 10 yrs ago. Never had an issue personally.

Ive seen the odd crash. It happens on the track. People push it and sometimes over do it. Its part of the reason you take it to the track..to push it.

People crash at the drag strip too.
Old 05-06-2012, 03:42 PM   #57
Axxe
Over 9 F**KING THOUSAND!!

People crash at autocrosses too, even trillium ones.

S52|ZF|TRM Coilovers 670/895|Staggered 18" 5's
Axxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 10:09 PM   #58
BMWdouche
Not Banned... Yet

Quote:
I have never talked down to anyone. I take great offence at that suggestion. Anyone who knows me knows I'm am the first person to help someone out. To give positive suggestions and try to help everyone out. That said, when someone asks for my advice, then doesn't take it, and something happens, how can you expect me not to get frustrated. On a similar note, I've been posting on here for years about taking it to the track, and peeps still keep street racing and crashing or getting street racing charges. I've been posting here for years suggesting to do a Advanced Driving School before doing any type of lapping days for the fear of doing silly things, and guess what reread the OP, exactly what typically happens at lapping days. Remember the whole CSCS thing last year with the scoobie doo rollover. How expensive was that day? And somone else said it earlier, you drive an e90 and can't afford $500 for a weekend? The math doesn't work there either.

And that comment about being taught by racing drivers. That was brilliant. So you're suggesting that unless someone has raced professionally that their instruction is worthless and that they don't know anything??? I'd like to know EXACTLY what you meant by that. I'd also like to invite you to ride with me in my car on June 2 or 3 at the GP track. I'd like to know what you think after one ride.....
I can't passenger a car. I can't even passenger a car with my girlfriend driving it on the road. I've passengered a few laps around a track in an S2000 and a C63 and I can say I hated it. That said, not all e90 owners can afford 500$ weekends.

And about being paid to race professionally, I didn't mean you're not a fantastically good racing driver and that you wouldn't dust me around a track having the same car.. I'm a pretty humble guy and I just feel (as did others) that there was a genuinely pompous and arrogant air about these trillium/GP days and that the DDT track day was not "worth it" and beneath you - and I would only entertain such comments from professional racing drivers - not instructor/enthusiasts.

This wasn't my first track day and the combination of me pushing an over-inflated tyre led to predictable results. When I've played it cool in the past, my car and my friends cars have all been mint.

And lastly, you know what makes your argument just slightly invalid?? Here's what....

I would have still been a douchebag and slid the car around a few corners too hard and clipped a curb on my already over-inflated (50psi/hot) on the GP track and ended up the same. I know it was wrong. I don't need to be taught that at a driving school. Yes the school would make me a better driver, but the school doesn't have the ability to save a reasonably good driver from being a douche for a lap or two.

P.S - I over-inflated to 40psi cold for the street cus the V12's are squishy as hell and I neglected to check it on the track (which i know is crucial and have done in the past before... just got lazy).. - paid for it.
BMWdouche is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: