Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > Track Junkies
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 04-30-2012, 10:52 PM   #16
dble Trouble
TAKE IT TO THE TRACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickid View Post
Who organized this lapping day?
Kplayground. You should have seen when I was leaving the GP track Sunday pm there were 3 cars parked on the road in various states of disrepair waiting for a tow truck! I just shook my head! Normal occurrence at these lapping days.

BMW 325I E30 Chumpcar Race Car
BMW 540iT M-Sport (New Family Hauler)
BMW 135i Msport Daily/track toy
dble Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:20 AM   #17
BMWdouche
Not Banned... Yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by dble Trouble View Post
Kplayground. You should have seen when I was leaving the GP track Sunday pm there were 3 cars parked on the road in various states of disrepair waiting for a tow truck! I just shook my head! Normal occurrence at these lapping days.
LOL THAT WAS US

350Z, WRX and my E90
BMWdouche is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:30 AM   #18
BMWdouche
Not Banned... Yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by dble Trouble View Post
Threads like this drive me up the wall. This is why you SHOULD do several performance driving schools prior to ever attempting a lapping day. Sure your $90 event fee doesn't seem so cheap now does it? $90 for the event, almost had to pay for a tow, (got lucky there) $300 for a tire. Next door at the GP track a far superior venue, we had a two day event with instruction for $499. 130 participants 50 instructors not one car damaged in any way over a 3 day weekend. Hmmmmmmmm. Not to mention a tax receipt for tax deductions next year, an event golf shirt, catered dinner Saturday pm including beers!!! Hmmmmmmmmmm again. BMWdouche you should come out to our next event June 2-3 at the Mosport GP track and see what it's all about!
While I would love to attend a proper track day at the GP track, I wish I could afford it appropriately. It is definitely something I wish to be doing in a few years, but I've done a few lapping days with no issues. The issue here, was purely my fault - over aggressive driving - at the end of the day with brakes and tyres running very hot. My car was the only car there that seemed to be damaged (granted there were QUITE a few horrible drivers that made it less fun for the rest of us). Not to knock what you're saying - I just cant afford a 500$ track weekend + hotels. It isn't cus we don't want to have an awesome weekend of top notch instruction and an awesome driving experience at a proper GP track - it's just that we can't afford it. I know that every once in a while you get caught off guard with a ripped tyre or spent brakes, but I'm sure you realize what I'm saying.
Old 05-01-2012, 12:39 AM   #19
silvia_drift
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWdouche View Post
LOL THAT WAS US

350Z, WRX and my E90
Just to clarify, my 350Z and the WRX were in no way damaged. We were just backing up our boi and waiting for the tow truck with him.
silvia_drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:41 AM   #20
doogee
Stance is Gay.

Send a message via MSN to doogee
You are risking your whole car at those lapping days in my opinion.

I drove by that day. Saw the civic being pulled off the track. No tow truck...just an suv pulling it.

Also saw a smashed up VW.

No offense but if you were trying to put pressure on somebody to let you by, YOU should of been pulled off the track.

Next time give him a quick flash of the high beams and if he doesn't let you by, just exit the track and enter behind someone else.

Dakar M3 Track Build Thread
doogee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 08:39 AM   #21
dcramer
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doogee View Post
You are risking your whole car at those lapping days in my opinion.

I drove by that day. Saw the civic being pulled off the track. No tow truck...just an suv pulling it.

Also saw a smashed up VW.

No offense but if you were trying to put pressure on somebody to let you by, YOU should of been pulled off the track.

Next time give him a quick flash of the high beams and if he doesn't let you by, just exit the track and enter behind someone else.

Actually I'd go one step further, you should be banned from track days

Any well run event would have black flagged you for the day.
dcramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 09:21 AM   #22
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWdouche View Post
While I would love to attend a proper track day at the GP track, I wish I could afford it appropriately. - I just cant afford a 500$ track weekend + hotels.
It really isn't that expensive if you compare it to other events at the GP track, you are getting two days of track time and instruction. Most organizers charge ~$450 per DAY on the GP Track. With the club you do get alot of value plus the added safety, instruction and organization that most lapping days don't have.

No hotels are required, you have plenty of time to drive home and then back in the morning. Also it is a full 9-5pm day, not just an afternoon.

I'm sure yours turned out to be a $500 weekend anyways...

Anyways, I think we've done enough preaching, hopefully others learn from this and one day understand what we are trying to say.
Old 05-01-2012, 10:18 AM   #23
BMWdouche
Not Banned... Yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcramer View Post
Actually I'd go one step further, you should be banned from track days

Any well run event would have black flagged you for the day.
Also we should be put behind bars... and our families publicly shamed.. and our pets put down.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:01 PM   #24
DANIMAL
TYRE ETR

The Trillium club has ways for potential students to register for the Advanced driving school programs without any monetary exchange. If you can volunteer, once you have accumulated enough hours, you can simply enroll at no cost. Even cheaper than a $90 lapping day.
You would have to put in a decent amount of time but if cash is the limiting factor its certainly an option. Plus you get to spend even more time around cars! Its a "win-win".

PM me if your interested, I am the volunteer coordinator for the club and would be more than happy to tell you all about the program in more detail.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:45 PM   #25
dgmorr
4th Gear Member

Screen name is fitting to the skillful maneuver.

In stock. $182 your size.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....10XL&tab=Sizes
Old 05-01-2012, 01:47 PM   #26
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

Don't forget with Trillium BMW you are paying a "tuition" and get a tax receipt and most people get $150 of the $500 back so it's really more like $350 for the weekend.

So $100-$150 for one day on the DDT or $350 after tax credit for 2 days with instruction on GP track.

Sounds affordable !!!!
richie_s999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 02:27 PM   #27
BMWdouche
Not Banned... Yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie_s999 View Post
Don't forget with Trillium BMW you are paying a "tuition" and get a tax receipt and most people get $150 of the $500 back so it's really more like $350 for the weekend.

So $100-$150 for one day on the DDT or $350 after tax credit for 2 days with instruction on GP track.

Sounds affordable !!!!
The breakdown does sound pretty good. Next summer I think I will join up.

As far as the tires go - I checked tirerack before and would be paying $150 in shipping/don't know if that includes duties or not and would have to pay to get it installed on top of that, which makes it 350$ +

I got a tire shipped/mounted/balanced/installed/taxes in for $280 so I'm decently happy with the outcome of a shitty situation... just have to wait for it to arrive.

Put my rear winters on and now the rear end is pretty loose especially in the rain.
Old 05-01-2012, 07:23 PM   #28
Racer
2nd Gear Member

you don't need no stinkin' skool! If you have the balls to dive-bomb some douche (no pun intended) into a corner - you got skillz!
I hate mofos like the guy you were racin'. Next time, just give him a little tap on the rear bumper.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 08:17 PM   #29
cormier
6th Gear Member

^^ haha little late for april fools eh :p

cormier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 12:10 AM   #30
davericher20
black and blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
you don't need no stinkin' skool! If you have the balls to dive-bomb some douche (no pun intended) into a corner - you got skillz!
I hate mofos like the guy you were racin'. Next time, just give him a little tap on the rear bumper.
This. /thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JINT View Post
Some people have serious track experience from the cruise, so what is fast to you, isn't fast to them.
davericher20 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: