Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password


Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-27-2012, 01:33 PM   #1
BMW_7
Econobimmer Racing
 
BMW_7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Kiev
Posts: 8,364
Send a message via AIM to BMW_7 Send a message via MSN to BMW_7
Thought's on Quebec's student protests?



It's rediculous. These idiots are just hurting themselves. There are estimated 200,000 people who have skipped classes since February, in essence they are jeopardizing their own graduation, after paying into it already. Idiots...

Not to mention when I lived there my Concordia engineering friends paid $2500 a year for their tuition.

I have some co-workers from there on FB who are not even in school.. From their status they act like it's "hip" to do protests and "stick it to the man".

Go to 1:50... I can't say I disagree

__________________
Vitaliy



Helprace, a helpdesk & community platform

Last edited by BMW_7; 04-27-2012 at 01:45 PM.
BMW_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:51 PM   #2
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator
 
T.Dot_E30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: T.Dot
Posts: 9,460
no parle francais
__________________
T.Dot_E30 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 02:28 PM   #3
Axxe
Over 9 F**KING THOUSAND!!
 
Axxe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Oakville
Posts: 9,772
$2500 a year or term? Either way, that's insanely cheap.
__________________

S52|ZF|TRM Coilovers 670/895|Staggered 18" 5's
Axxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 02:57 PM   #4
MBrown
2nd Gear Member
 
MBrown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 148
They're all idiots. In most cases their tuition costs less than half of what people pay everywhere else in Canada, and they want to whine about it going up a tiny bit? Look at 20-30 years ago, tuition was a fraction of what it is now. It got to where it is now by RISING.

They need to stop bitching and enjoy their ridiculously cheap educations.
__________________
1995 US-Spec Boston Green M3

18x8.5 MK Motorsport MK1's, BavAuto F+R Strut Braces
UUC System U Catback
MBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 03:15 PM   #5
BMW_7
Econobimmer Racing
 
BMW_7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Kiev
Posts: 8,364
Send a message via AIM to BMW_7 Send a message via MSN to BMW_7
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Dot_E30 View Post
no parle francais
lol

at 1:50 dude speak English,what you don't understand him
__________________
Vitaliy



Helprace, a helpdesk & community platform

Last edited by BMW_7; 04-27-2012 at 03:19 PM.
BMW_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 03:18 PM   #6
BMW_7
Econobimmer Racing
 
BMW_7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Kiev
Posts: 8,364
Send a message via AIM to BMW_7 Send a message via MSN to BMW_7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe View Post
$2500 a year or term? Either way, that's insanely cheap.
yup. its not hard to get into those schools either, mcgill maybe, concordia not so much
__________________
Vitaliy



Helprace, a helpdesk & community platform
BMW_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 04:24 PM   #7
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator
 
T.Dot_E30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: T.Dot
Posts: 9,460
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_7 View Post
lol

at 1:50 dude speak English,what you don't understand him
That was the only part I understood, it doesn't really explain why they are protesting thou.

I found the rapping in french funny...
__________________
T.Dot_E30 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:57 PM   #8
bmdbley'sBro
wouldu like some tinfoil?
 
bmdbley'sBro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: in your attic!
Posts: 4,672
How about the protests in Toronto - over pretty much the same thing?

'austerity' cuts in services paid for, privitization of public assets, all while increasing taxes..due to corruption, theft, missmanagement & etc

Apr 21, 2012- More than 15,000 protesters from labour unions and community organizations across the province rallied outside Ontario's Legislature
Saturday afternoon to vent their fury over the minority Liberal government's austerity-focused budget




-
montreal - with full details on how its Not just Students Protesting over just tuition



EI deductions went up in jan..in 08 they had $58Billion, but dipped into it & spent it all during the 'global economic collapse' bs
article I read said the increased fee's will be pulling $20billion per/yr out of the labor force to replenish the fund! whats canada's work force out of 33million people? they say healthcare is unsustainable. they recently had some economists on tv saying how 'adding GST to food would help the poor' said it would pull $35Billion in revenue! the eco fee tax? no vote just added. the hst tax? <- those are Corporate Welfare to Profitable corps in the BILLIONS - dwarfing all social assistance progs costs by a factor of 10! so its funny how quick people will yell welfare bum but not flip about Corporate Welfare. Like auto insurance rates in Ont - record profits still went to the ont-gov 3x's in like 2 years Lobbying for Rate Increases, gov said sure all 3x's!?
__________________

Last edited by bmdbley'sBro; 04-28-2012 at 12:11 AM.
bmdbley'sBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 03:54 PM   #9
Jim .E.
E90 n00b
 
Jim .E.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Brampton
Posts: 6,657
Sigh...always bmd stepping in with his $0.02

As for the Montreal protests and OWS protests - I say **** it. Too many band wagoners just jumping on board to "protest" not knowing what the real cause is. "Oh look, we get to vandalize". Even then...cause...what cause...SO many of these individuals are just LAZY. Get off your ass, finish your education, get a job and pay your dues.

The only, and I mean only, thing I don't agree with is the government's bailing out huge corporations when the recession hit. Now those corporations are making "high earning profits" - pay your bailout back into the same government that saved your ass.

Everyone these days just wants/needs an excuse about something.
__________________
Jim .E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 11:34 PM   #10
sirex
King Sirex
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 9,832
I dont know if it's lazy that is the issue.
__________________
sirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 03:30 PM   #11
Discostar
2nd Gear Member
 
Discostar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Markham, Ontario
Posts: 206
Wow. I guess some people just donít understand the way the system works.

Perhaps a few of you are basing your opinions on the way things happen here in Ontario, where people bitch and complain, but then sit on their asses when it comes time to take any action.

Quebec enjoys some of the lowest tuition rates in Canada for a reason, and itís not because the government just happens to be overly generous in that province, or because someone just hasnít gotten around to raising the rates. Itís because they are actually politically active.

I donít exactly agree with the rioting, but aside from that, Ontario should be taking notes. Maybe here in Ontario there are a bunch a bandwagoners. The Ontario government tells its students "we will give you one single day out of the year to protest" and like a bunch of fools we march when they tell us itís ok to march. Thatís worked out well for us hasn't it? To top it off, half the students just use it as an excuse to skip class, and donít even attend because they arent paying anyway.

It takes balls to do what they are doing in Quebec, especially when youíre in your final year and you could just say **** it, because Iím not going to be paying tuition next year anyway, so why should I care. Nothing gets done otherwise.
__________________
Discostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 03:43 PM   #12
sirex
King Sirex
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 9,832
Quote:
Originally Posted by Discostar View Post
Wow. I guess some people just donít understand the way the system works.

Perhaps a few of you are basing your opinions on the way things happen here in Ontario, where people bitch and complain, but then sit on their asses when it comes time to take any action.

Quebec enjoys some of the lowest tuition rates in Canada for a reason, and itís not because the government just happens to be overly generous in that province, or because someone just hasnít gotten around to raising the rates. Itís because they are actually politically active.

I donít exactly agree with the rioting, but aside from that, Ontario should be taking notes. Maybe here in Ontario there are a bunch a bandwagoners. The Ontario government tells its students "we will give you one single day out of the year to protest" and like a bunch of fools we march when they tell us itís ok to march. Thatís worked out well for us hasn't it? To top it off, half the students just use it as an excuse to skip class, and donít even attend because they arent paying anyway.

It takes balls to do what they are doing in Quebec, especially when youíre in your final year and you could just say **** it, because Iím not going to be paying tuition next year anyway, so why should I care. Nothing gets done otherwise.
Well our system is completely ****ed anyway. Like, we are so ****ed it's not even funny.

There are hardly any jobs, or any good paying jobs any more. They've opened the gates on immigration like crazy. You need to have 3 degrees and a masters to make $50,000 a year.

Housing prices have balooned to retarded levels. Cost of living is way way way up, but wages are down.

And still more more immigration for labour is being allowed.
lol
__________________
sirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 06:38 PM   #13
Discostar
2nd Gear Member
 
Discostar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Markham, Ontario
Posts: 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirex View Post
Well our system is completely ****ed anyway. Like, we are so ****ed it's not even funny.

There are hardly any jobs, or any good paying jobs any more. They've opened the gates on immigration like crazy. You need to have 3 degrees and a masters to make $50,000 a year.

Housing prices have balooned to retarded levels. Cost of living is way way way up, but wages are down.

And still more more immigration for labour is being allowed.
lol
True. I agree on all points. But nothing will ever change if people just continue to go about their daily lives like were all just along for the ride.

Immigration is a major issue in this country. But more so, it always amazes me just how ignorant the majority of the population is, particularly in the GTA, when it comes to pivotal political issues. It always seems like a few people develop semi-coherent views, and then those opinions circulate while the rest just jump on a bandwagon like mindless sheep without thinking about the issues for themselves.

Half the people who vote couldnít even tell you what the major points in their partyís platform are. Then the other half doesnít vote at all.
__________________
Discostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 07:24 PM   #14
sirex
King Sirex
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 9,832
well I remember half this board on the Stephen harper bandwagon.

we want f35s f35s, f35s.. wtf happened to that?? Lol.

what a ****ing fiasco.

My favourite is the OAS age being changed to 67. But hey, its funny I didn't see a thread on here about that.

Oh wait, I get it, OAS wont effect half the mmebers on these boards because apparently they will all be so rich in retirement it wont matter.

good luck, let me know how your RRSPs work out.
__________________
sirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 07:31 PM   #15
bmdbley'sBro
wouldu like some tinfoil?
 
bmdbley'sBro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: in your attic!
Posts: 4,672
^ yup meanwhile 60% of canada is living cheque to cheque and will never be able to retire


Montreal Protesters Push Back Riot Cops, Provocateurs Act Up



Quote:
from below video

The protest last night was massive but had a vibe of peace and solidarity to it. Just before I left, a couple of people smashed a window with rocks, but I suspect they were provocateurs based on a witness' description of the culprits' garb and M.O. Moreover, Eric Bouthillette, who was on the front lines the whole night, reported that there were people dressed in provocateur-style gear at the head of the protest trying all night to start confrontations and being stopped by the rest of the protesters. At about 2:00 am the next morning, about 30 arrests were made. According to Eric, the protest ended with a conflict between the vandals/ provocateurs and the rest of the protesters. Some people were breaking windows and the mass of protesters were trying to stop them, which resulted in a conflict among the marchers themselves and not between the marchers and the police.

Essentially, provocateurs or hooligans were trying to start trouble and the legitimate protesters tried to stop them, and people were arrested as a result of this scuffle. Is this a divide-and-conquer tactic being implemented? Isn't this easier than trying to contain thousands of people or bring on martial law?
The protests continue and so far they have been taking place largely at night. The police seem to be concerned above all with protecting commercial establishments and preventing the protest from interfering with commerce. They would hate for the protesters to start marching during the day, but if this continues, that is likely the next thing they will do.

The government will then have to decide whether they should give in to the protesters' demands or bring out the army, because the crowds are so large (and determined) that they cannot be controlled by the police or the SQ.
The third option, as I mentioned before, would be to subvert the marches with provocateurs.

I'd like to point out something people often overlook, which is that the main reason tuition is still so low in Quebec is not that we just have a nice government, but that THIS is what happens when they try to hike it up. Will it work again this time or will our NWO corporate police-state government take things to a whole new level in order to push through more pocket-picking? Time will tell.
__________________
bmdbley'sBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Maxbimmer Copyright 2001 - 2015