Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 04-25-2012, 06:15 PM   #1
Giormelo
2nd Gear Member

Speeding Ticket Question

So just got a speeding ticket but im obviously going to fight it, but i do have a question. So the officer was sitting in his car gunning and caught me, but he followed me literally about 2 full blocks and i even cut through a parking lot, before he gave me the speeding ticket for the original spot where he caught me...

Now tbh that doesnt sound right because everytime ive ever gotten a speeding ticket it was right on the spot, probably because they were speed traps but this doesnt seem right..

Can anyone shed some light on the situation? And some proof, because i read that a cop can mail you a ticket theough your license plate but thats very rare and you can fight against that, thats why im curious to this
Giormelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 06:49 PM   #2
HavocSteve
6th Gear Member

I would like to know know this as well. I've seen cops step into traffic to pull people over for tickets and almost get hit. Never seen a cop follow someone for blocks then hand a ticket over lol.
Old 04-25-2012, 10:10 PM   #3
sirex
King Sirex

how fast were you going out of curiosity?

and ya thats weird.... I can understand if its unsafe to pull you over on that stretch... maybe its agood case for xcopper or something? it be like, well maybe you started following the wrong car????? lol
Old 04-25-2012, 10:37 PM   #4
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

Happens a lot while the cop runs your plate. I don't see anything wrong with it.

There is no set time limit the cop has to pull you over, if your hoping to get out of it because of that. Get a paralegal if you think you have a case.
Old 04-25-2012, 10:47 PM   #5
Giormelo
2nd Gear Member

I understand he could possibly try to run my plate, but wouldnt he pull me over first then run my plate?

And i was doing about 73 in a 50
Giormelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:57 PM   #6
blastedM3
Jane & Finch

If your paralegal can get it completely dropped than get one but if he's gonna get you a deal like lower the fine and take the points out, you can go that yourself.

You can walk into the court room and the prosecutor will offer you to lower it to 15 over the limit with no points and a $45 dollar fine.

sami

1997 E36 M3-Sold
1991 318ci-Project Car-Almost Done
93 Honda HB-Daily Beater
blastedM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 08:34 AM   #7
HavocSteve
6th Gear Member

Points and lower fine mean nothing. Still a ding in the eyes of insurance. Get it dropped or don't bother at all =\
Old 04-26-2012, 11:58 PM   #8
BimmerBoys
3rd Gear Member

Not a ding if it's a 15km over. It's no points and not reported to insurance. Talked to my brother in law, he's an opp traffic cop. Said the guy ran your plate for warrants. Was checking if you were getting a ticket or a ride downtown.
BimmerBoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:27 AM   #9
bmdbley'sBro
wouldu like some tinfoil?

^ yeah if you've been arrested before, or are politically active or associate with someone that is (even though our rights say no guilt by association - serach Profunc) there could've been some reading material for him

I hear these days you can talk with a crown the very day you submit the ticket to plead not guilty, and they' lower it / reduce it - they just want the money
Old 04-27-2012, 08:22 AM   #10
HavocSteve
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerBoys View Post
Not a ding if it's a 15km over. It's no points and not reported to insurance. Talked to my brother in law, he's an opp traffic cop. Said the guy ran your plate for warrants. Was checking if you were getting a ticket or a ride downtown.
Not true. I caught going 23 over. He put it to a 10 over ticket. Still a report on my insurance paying for a dumb ticket >_<
Old 04-27-2012, 08:38 AM   #11
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerBoys View Post
Well he is wrong. Any conviction shows on your driver abstract an this is what insurance companies use. It's considered a minor offense and your insurance premium will go up. When/if they find out about it.

The whole points thing is BS. Only effect it has is getting your license suspended.
Old 04-27-2012, 10:15 AM   #12
StikiGreenZ
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to StikiGreenZ
Yup. Insurance sees and adjusts rates for small tickets.

BMW 645i - Black on Red
Range Rover Sport - Black on Black
StikiGreenZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:49 AM   #13
Jim .E.
E90 n00b

Just like everyone stated, a conviction is a conviction. Even if you get 0 points and 10-15km/h over, it's still considered a speeding ticket and you can enjoy the insurance increase
Old 04-27-2012, 12:12 PM   #14
dcramer
5th Gear Member

http://fightyourtickets.ca/how-to-fi...arking-ticket/
dcramer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 12:12 AM   #15
motion
Hell Spawn

GUYS GUYS GUYS lets make this very easy for him.

File your ticket at the court office...for a trial date....request a copy of DISCLOSURE be sent to your adress or PICK it up when it becomes available.

read the disclosure it will state any and all evidence the officer has against you.

If the cop caught you on laser gun then there will be a COPY of the print out.

Then based on THAT you can decide if you want to proceed with the matter on your own on trial date OR have legal representation (agent, etc..)
motion is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: