Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 04-17-2012, 03:16 PM   #1
Kbm
2nd Gear Member

Question Onboard Computer/Systems going crazy !?

So, since yesterday my car/computer is going berserk on me, alerts goes on and off (mostly on) with the following warnings:

TPMS
ABS / BRAKES
DSC / Traction Control
Cruise Control

... and off course, all those lights are amber on my dash (kind look cute, it is like a xmas three off season ! :lol and none of these work anymore... in addition to the turning signal that now also don't turn off after a curve, I have to hit it again to turn off.

For the record, the radio still works ! :happyanim:

I'll bring it to some shop this weekend to get it checked, but if someone has any idea what the heck is going on please share
Kbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 11:06 PM   #2
Kbm
2nd Gear Member

IT IS FIXED !!!

So, using this a guidance:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=520467

I took the whole steering wheel / cowlings apart, took the enclosures of the levers out and apart and got to the sensor board, where you have the IR sensor and the disc that it uses to read the turns of the steering wheel.

As soon as I look the disc I could see the issue, the disc had some "crystals" on the top part of it (like those ones that forms on very old CDs).

I used rubbing alcohol to clear it out, mounted everything back, reseted the codes and no issues so far !

I thought the issue was the steering sensor and not the abs/speed ones for 2 reasons:

My turning signal would not disarm by itself anymore.

A couple days ago I checked the OBD for errors and I had a steering sensor error, I cleaned the errors and when I checked this morning I had the same error in there.

The car was throwing the following CC-ID errors on the dash before:

24 DBC Dynamic Brake Control Brake Assist Failed
35 DSC Failed
50 Runflat Indicator Failed
354 Start Assist Inactive

+ Plus turning signals not disarming on its own.

(Just in case: To check your CC-ID error code, just hold the BC button when the error is displayed on the dash to see the error code)

So, no need to soldering as the topic above says (but I'm still thankful for the instructions on how to take everything apart) and not need to replace the whole module as the dealers and some local shops says... (saves you 400 bucks at least).

I hope this info helps anyone else with the same issues.
Kbm is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: