Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 04-18-2012, 12:15 PM   #1
Nolimit77
2nd Gear Member

Where to buy Shark Injector Software for E36

Hi guys, it seems these are on back order at many of the well known aftermarket shops and back ordered for atleast 4-5 weeks. Anyone know of any retailers with stock of this particular software?

The car it is needed for is a 96' 328i and I am looking for software to support an M50 manifold swap. I will be competing in OTA(time-attack) this season and this is factored into my classing so 4-5 weeks puts me very close to the first event! If no one knows where else I can try, is there atleast another option for software?

I am new to the BMW scene so please be nice!

Corey
Nolimit77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 01:31 PM   #2
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

Hey Corey,
Welcome to Max.

Few questions before you go down that road. Is the M50 manifold the only mod you currently have? Do you plan to do any other mods in the near future, reason I ask is that putting in some S52 (M3 motor) cams in your motor is a popular mod with good gains. I would do that before I do a tune, that way you can get a tune for both mods.

With an M50 Manifold, S52 Cams, & Intake and software, that should put you over 200 whp. Probably around 210-220 whp.

For tuning you have a few options locally.
- Bimmersport can load AA Tunes
- MarkD is a local tuner with software for your car
- RMP might have something for you.
Old 04-18-2012, 01:55 PM   #3
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

Pm'd
richie_s999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 02:09 PM   #4
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie_s999 View Post
Pm'd
Don't feel like sharing with everyone else?
Old 04-18-2012, 02:20 PM   #5
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Dot_E30 View Post
Don't feel like sharing with everyone else?
Pm'd lol
richie_s999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 11:42 PM   #6
Nolimit77
2nd Gear Member

re

Two Pm's recommending MarkD so its a no brainer. I will be contacting him shortly.
Old 04-18-2012, 11:51 PM   #7
Nolimit77
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Hey Corey,
Welcome to Max.

Few questions before you go down that road. Is the M50 manifold the only mod you currently have? Do you plan to do any other mods in the near future, reason I ask is that putting in some S52 (M3 motor) cams in your motor is a popular mod with good gains. I would do that before I do a tune, that way you can get a tune for both mods.

With an M50 Manifold, S52 Cams, & Intake and software, that should put you over 200 whp. Probably around 210-220 whp.

For tuning you have a few options locally.
- Bimmersport can load AA Tunes
- MarkD is a local tuner with software for your car
- RMP might have something for you.
Thank you for the tips! Unfortunately, my car is already classed for the season(GT2 in OTA), which means I cannot add anything else to it without bumping up one class(GT1) and I already have to contend with some pretty stout cars!

Currently the car has a Catback exhaust(UUC corsa I believe) and intake. The manifold is waiting to go on but I was waiting to get a proper tune to take FULL advantage of the new piece and most importantly get some of the lost torque back. If I were to consider S52 cams, are there any other valve train related parts that need to go in along with this upgrade?

Thank you for the warm welcome guys AND the recommendations are greatly appreciated!
Old 04-19-2012, 01:49 AM   #8
gotcurry
3rd Gear Member

Get a LSD!! 3.23 from a manual m3 or 3.38 from an auto m3. Also what kit r u using for the manifold swap??

[| aFe CAI || 3.38 LSD || M50 SWAP || SuperSprint Exhaust || H&R + Bilstein Sports |]
gotcurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 09:36 AM   #9
Nolimit77
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotcurry View Post
Get a LSD!! 3.23 from a manual m3 or 3.38 from an auto m3. Also what kit r u using for the manifold swap??
The car has one already I only listed the engine mods as the topic is about software.

jwarner100, what are you basing those numbers off of? The way the car sits now or after adding the manifold/software.

As for the S52 cams, anyone have any decent tech articles or forum links on this upgrade? I have had to sift through allot of crap on google to find any info on the topic..
Old 04-19-2012, 09:49 AM   #10
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolimit77 View Post
If I were to consider S52 cams, are there any other valve train related parts that need to go in along with this upgrade?
Nope it's pretty much a bolt on mod. Many criticize the S52 for being a just a stroked M52 with hotter cams.
Old 04-19-2012, 12:00 PM   #11
Nolimit77
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Nope it's pretty much a bolt on mod. Many criticize the S52 for being a just a stroked M52 with hotter cams.
So no springs/lifters have to be changed? If not, the upgrade is certainly worth it. What figures are we looking at(power wise) with S52 cams/intake/M50 manifold/catback/tune? Maybe I can get a little closer to the GT2 class records times which are 1:37.9 at Mosport

Thx again for the helps guys!
Old 04-19-2012, 12:21 PM   #12
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

That is correct, stock lifters/springs are fine. (Assuming they are in good condition) I believe they are the same on 328s and M3s anyways.

Kurt (Doogee) on here dyno'd his m52 with those mods. I'll search for it. I think he dyno'd at ~220whp.
Old 04-20-2012, 01:27 PM   #13
Dinanstu
3rd Gear Member

I heard the valve springs are heavier in the M50, so a little harder on the cams.
Just curious, is there any modification to the cam trays for the S52 cams?
Dinanstu is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: