Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Supporting Events > Maxbimmer & Supporting Events
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: Are you coming on May 12th?
Yes! 55 82.09%
Not this time 12 17.91%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-14-2012, 02:14 PM   #151
nabur
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StraightSix View Post
Your car sounded amazing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3seriesbeama View Post
Agree!
Thanks! I was surprised to get so many compliments on it, as the e90 crew thinks is too raw. I love it on WOT but the drone on it is pretty unbearable.

e92 335xi Black Sapphire Metallic - Saddle Brown
| JB4 | WW Meth | BMS DCI | Eisenmann Race Quad | AR Catless DPs | KW v1 | LUX v3 | Aero Lip | Painted Reflectors | Matte Black Grill | OEM 230s | CF CSL Trunk |
nabur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 02:35 PM   #152
Tom
4th Gear Member

Thx for the suggestion, ya ive been following both vishnus and hpfs single turbo kit threads and your right its in the early stages, im talking down the road she wants to upgrade she still has almost a year of warranty left of her original 4 years..might buy another 2 years extended onto that, what do you think about extending the warranty is it worth it or? also how much did all those upgrades cost you? what do you think about the hpf exhaust for the 335? you can PM ME if you want
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabur View Post
Single kits are still in the early stages, I'd tell her to wait a bit for them to work out the kinks.

Personally, I have a JB4 (chip) + integerated meth injection, intake (DCI), exhaust and catless downpipes. The difference between stock and this is huge and relativley cheap.

If she really wants to go single (turbo that is), I'd recommend getting the VISHNU PROceed chip (they are the group thats doing the single turbo) so that later down the road her upgrade to single will be easier. Also, I hope she is MT because the AT on the 335 is limited to about 500ft/lbs torque and will require an expensive rebuild (4-5k) to support the torque output from a single. There are rumors of VISHNU being able to overcome this but again, early stages.

GL.
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 03:02 PM   #153
Havok_2011
Architect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
If your car is the one im thinking of with the dual Arkrym cf diffuser..I was trying to signal you over and wave my hand for you to pull over...I was driving my gfs black 335 convert with the red seats at the time, your car REAKED of burning clutch and your car was shooting blue smoke out the tail pipes for quite some time too! Made my gf second guess about upgrading her stock 335s engine parts LOL sry... Anyway glad you got a tow, hopefully the clutch didnt explode into a 1000 pieces like my clutch did once (pain in the ass to clean)
Hey yup that is me, and its a 328i with an AA Stage 2, Performance Exhaust, AFE Stage 2 Intake. (getting the 3stage manifold installed next month)

Blue smoke? Shit, didnt see you waving me to pull over lol. My car is in the shop right now, I think the clutch just needs to be changed.

Your girlfriend does not need to worry about her car...or at least in regards to my car....335's have a whole list of other issues I don't have to worry about lol. My N/A is more reliable, and less issues than the Twin Turbo's....but not hardly enough power/fun in comparison.

Most of my friends have the 335's heavily modded with serious horsepower. Killer machines, just make sure you have the $$ to keep up with the maintenance.

Got to pay to play.

Last edited by Havok_2011; 05-14-2012 at 03:05 PM.
Havok_2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 03:06 PM   #154
Havok_2011
Architect

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabur View Post
Thanks! I was surprised to get so many compliments on it, as the e90 crew thinks is too raw. I love it on WOT but the drone on it is pretty unbearable.
Who thinks its too raw? I love your car
Old 05-14-2012, 05:23 PM   #155
JINT
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by davericher20 View Post
You go to cruises to get lotsa action, its where the boys are turned into men and when you get passed, it means you lose. If you're passing, you're winning. End of story. show off what your car can do in the twisties, pull some sick driver skills and hope someone notices... Once you hit the freeway, its on! Race whoever you can, whether they're racing you or not. Get bitches and **** the track its too expensive
man speaks the truth
Old 05-14-2012, 05:25 PM   #156
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JINT View Post
man speaks the truth
The sad part is, I don't think you realize he is joking and actually making fun of you...
Old 05-14-2012, 05:30 PM   #157
Derek
3rd Gear Member

^ROFL owned.....
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 06:19 PM   #158
iverson03tj
5th Gear Member

so much drama..... common post the picss n videos!!! i wanna see some of these extremely dangerous driving maneuvers that was conducted by highly experienced professionals
e36 328is - (m52)AA S/c'd, M50 Mani, 3.23 LSD, M3 Brakes, Zimmer rotors, hps pads, Racing Dynamic Strut Bar, Depos, m3 Bumper, Intake, Spal fan, poly RTABs, Eibach Swaybars, Koni yellow, Mishimoto Rad, Silicone hose, Alumi T-housing, Depo w/LED Angels, LED tails, 12' Alpine Type R, Suede head liner, LTW Low rise spoiler
PREVIOUS CARS
92' 325is (m52) - M3 conversion AA S/c'd
'97 Euro Estroil E36 M3 Vert (S50B32)
iverson03tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 06:27 PM   #159
Dr. Flyview
Formerly Flav_cool

Send a message via MSN to Dr. Flyview
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek View Post
Dude u passed Terry for no reason when he and his car were capable of higher speeds than you. Also try not crossing the yelllow, many times i looked in my rear views and you over shot the turn going into too hot. It really isnt worth risking your life your g/fs life and your car for a bit of adrenaline. Drive within your skill level and what your car can handle.
Hey Derek,

I apologized for a reason. I also gave a reason.

I don't mind Terry or anyone else passing me, but the way they did it was a little rough: three cars tailing each other cutting in right in front of me one by one, and going slightly into the shoulder to kick up rocks. I'm sure you can see why I was a little upset. If you noticed, when I pass, I leave as much room as I can behind me for who I'm going in front of. It's a matter of courtesy. You're right though, I should have just sucked it up and kept my distance behind the e36's.

I went into one turn too hot from what I remember. The rest of what you saw was probably me using up more space than my lane for a smoother apex, or to dip out of a cloud of rocks... Never would I do this into a blind corner.

No hard feelings I hope!

Flav

1998 BMW 328is - summer
1994 BMW 325i - daily
1992 BMW 325i - totaled
1988 Mercedes Benz 190E 2.3-8V -
sold

Dr. Flyview is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 06:50 PM   #160
dbworld4k
Addict

Quote:
man speaks the truth
Wow. Just wow. You're head is so damn thick it's unfathomable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Dot_E30 View Post
The sad part is, I don't think you realize he is joking and actually making fun of you...
^Exactly.

'02 ///M5 Imola Red / Imola Red '09 335i Alpine White / Coral Red

Past:
'04 E55 AMG Brilliant Silver / Anthracite
'96 318i Alpine White / Black
'01 330Ci Titanium Silver / Coral Red
'96 328i Jet Black / Black
dbworld4k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 12:52 AM   #161
JINT
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbworld4k View Post
Wow. Just wow. You're head is so damn thick it's unfathomable.

^Exactly.
don't care, i come to cruises to rip the car, i drive around daily enough as it is.
Old 05-15-2012, 01:12 AM   #162
krasavchik
1st Gear Newbie

awesome cruise, but all i can say is that my front bumper is now stone chip central
krasavchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 01:36 AM   #163
davericher20
black and blue

Quote:
don't care, i come to cruises to rip the car, i drive around daily enough as it is.
Hey that's awesome.

You aren't welcome with that attitude. And why would you want to be someplace where you aren't welcome?

Quote:
Some people have serious track experience from the cruise, so what is fast to you, isn't fast to them.
davericher20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 10:20 AM   #164
Havok_2011
Architect

Quote:
Originally Posted by krasavchik View Post
awesome cruise, but all i can say is that my front bumper is now stone chip central
Next year I am coming with a pickup truck of bubble wrap to cover peoples front bumpers at a cost

My poor Carbon fiber lip took a beating as well.

I might consider putting on my regular/winter bumper for these cruises next time around.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:40 AM   #165
Mystikal
Moderator/Event-Coordinator

Thanks for coming out everyone, I enjoyed the whole day and am happy many of you did also.

As for just about everything negative shared, I'm laughing here. Literally everything I said not to do because it will ruin your day (passing, following too closely, adrenaline-fueled stupidity) was done. Why pass? We're all going to the same place, and there's no non-BMWs in front of you. Why follow someone? Did anyone notice that I passed just ONE vehicle the entire day? Instead of trying to get ahead when slower traffic impeded our progress and subsequently endangering the lives of everyone involved I just stopped. Pulled over to the shoulder to let space grow and have fun at our own pace. I think I read that a few E9x guys were doing something similar at the rear of the pack. Awesome idea. Please continue to do that. Even the times when I knew we would be pacing traffic ahead, I kept them far ahead and barely within view. Bam, no stone chips. No sudden stops. No reckless oncoming lane passing. A great day was had.

Again guys, try actually listening to what I say at the beginning of these things. It not only makes the day safer but a lot more enjoyable, also. I have a shit list of three specific people that I received at least 5 complaints each regarding (one of them at least a dozen, you can probably guess who). I will be sending these people PMs inviting them to either smarten up or not attend another one of our events.

It's unfortunate that we have to discuss so many negative aspects of the day here as I know such great times were had. I've never had so many people find me at the end of the day and genuinely thank me for "the best drive of their life" or the "most amazing roads ever seen". That's why I burn countless hours of my already scarce free time to find these places and share them with everyone. Let's move forward in a positive direction, learn from the mistakes, and get ready for Midnight Cruise in June. Yup, that was a plug.

Take care.

@stancejay
Mystikal is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: