Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Specific Regional Topics > Quebec/Gatineau/Ottawa
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 04-12-2012, 03:13 PM   #16
chromius
6th Gear Member

Can't wait to hear what it sounds like. What do you plan to do come e-test time without the cats? Does the evolve tune remove the CEL for the post cat sensors?
Old 04-12-2012, 09:53 PM   #17
beem3r
2nd Gear Member

Got most of the way through this this afternoon. MAJOR PITA!!! I figure total time will be about 5 hours. Not so bad, but it definitely requires an arsenal of tools and creativity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chromius View Post
Can't wait to hear what it sounds like. What do you plan to do come e-test time without the cats? Does the evolve tune remove the CEL for the post cat sensors?
I just e-tested this year, so I'm ok for another 2 years. By that time I will probably have cats welded in to a custom section one to swap out. The evolve tune will clear the CEL as well as make the most out of the set up. However, some people get lucky and somehow don't throw a CEL running catless. Something to do with BMW's emission recall made the post cat sensors much less sensitive.
beem3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 12:34 AM   #18
goodtime67
1st Gear Newbie

Smile

yes. i'm in the central park as well.This is my first BMW so I have a lot to learn from you guys.
goodtime67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 01:07 AM   #19
goodtime67
1st Gear Newbie

took you only 5 hours to install header and section 1. WOW that was fast .last weekend took me almost 4 hours to put on my ST coilover (first timer),now just wait for the springs to settle and go for alignment.BTW where is a good place for alignment??
Old 04-13-2012, 07:09 AM   #20
beem3r
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodtime67 View Post
took you only 5 hours to install header and section 1. WOW that was fast .last weekend took me almost 4 hours to put on my ST coilover (first timer),now just wait for the springs to settle and go for alignment.BTW where is a good place for alignment??
Same suspension I run. You'll love em. Where abouts in central park are you? I haven't seen another M in the area. You should come to the fender roll off and introduce yourself.

As for alignment. Go to canadian tire on carling and ask for Ralf and get George to do it. Depending on how low you went, it might not be possible to get back in spec. I'm pretty low and just outside of spec, nothing that concerns me or would make me lift the car or get adjustable control arms in the rear or front camber plates though. My car is only street driven so that adjustability just seems like over kill for me.

Last edited by beem3r; 04-13-2012 at 08:14 AM.
Old 04-13-2012, 12:04 PM   #21
goodtime67
1st Gear Newbie

i'm on whitestone dr, thought i saw u drove by again yesterday afternoon around 1:00pm,where is the fender roll off? I might drop by in the afternoon if you guys are still there but i won't be in my M though , insurance start next week.if the roll off is in central park , just tell me the street name and i "ll drive around and look for a bunch of BMW's LOL
Old 04-13-2012, 12:07 PM   #22
everlast
if I lived . I would be ~

Pm'd you.
Old 04-13-2012, 12:54 PM   #23
beem3r
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodtime67 View Post
i'm on whitestone dr, thought i saw u drove by again yesterday afternoon around 1:00pm,where is the fender roll off? I might drop by in the afternoon if you guys are still there but i won't be in my M though , insurance start next week.if the roll off is in central park , just tell me the street name and i "ll drive around and look for a bunch of BMW's LOL
Yup that was me again, goin to let my dog out. Im on Trump, which is off whitestone depending on which part of the "horse shoe" you are. How have i not seen this car before lol?
Old 04-13-2012, 01:21 PM   #24
goodtime67
1st Gear Newbie

just got mine last year didn't drive much.but i know there is one sliver M coupe on staten street and saw a yellow one parked on my street last weekend.
Old 04-13-2012, 01:21 PM   #25
everlast
if I lived . I would be ~

Seriously, this is why I always try to give thumbs up to any obvious bimmer guys I see.

Blows me away that cars like beem3r's sit in garages and I never see th about. Of course, I put 1000km on my e30 last year.

So, is the exhaust done and if so, how are you liking it?
Old 04-13-2012, 06:17 PM   #26
Z4MC
3rd Gear Member

sound clips? or just come by mm tonight
Z4MC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 07:17 PM   #27
beem3r
2nd Gear Member

Yup it's all done, and I'm liking it a lot. Not too loud unless you really get on it. Noticeably quicker, cant wait to get tune to make the most of the set up.

No check engine either

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: