Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Specific Regional Topics > Ontario
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 07-27-2013, 08:47 AM   #151
Ali-323i
2nd Gear Member

I was there until 10:45 last night, only a handful of cars at that time. Maybe people started to show once I left.

We have our own downtown meet because:
- Woodbridge isn't convenient for those of us downtown
- we get to meet those of us who live a bit closer to each other
- we meet earlier so those of us with later commitments can still come out to our meet first
- those that want to hit up the Woodbridge or York meets are still able to attend since they don't start until later in the evening anyway

Met some cool new people yesterday. Hope we can continue to grow this downtown meet.
Ali-323i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 09:37 AM   #152
Slowered318
loco de la cabaza

Where is the downtown meet held? Woodbridge is a little far for me too.
Slowered318 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 12:03 PM   #153
matt123494
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowered318 View Post
Where is the downtown meet held? Woodbridge is a little far for me too.
8:30 at leslie and lakeshore beside the burger king at the back of the loblaws parking lot.
matt123494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 12:32 PM   #154
Slowered318
loco de la cabaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt123494 View Post
8:30 at leslie and lakeshore beside the burger king at the back of the loblaws parking lot.
I'm down for a king deal and car talk. Just gotta get it back on the road.
Old 07-27-2013, 03:06 PM   #155
CatchM3
2nd Gear Member

Hey! nice meeting you guys last night at the BK Meet. I was the one in the E46 M3. I ended up going to the Woodbine and 16th meet after too. Met alot of great guys last night. Count me in for future meets!
CatchM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 06:21 PM   #156
jethie
1st Gear Newbie

Tons of meets nowadays, but please try to pass by la paloma, you wont get disappointed
jethie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 10:21 PM   #157
matt123494
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quack View Post
that's the wrong direction, you have to go west onto HWY 7, all the info is right here: http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69352

you guys should have come to the Woodbridge location from the start, people start showing up at 10pm, tonight's group consisted of E36 with LS6, E39 Alpina B10, Ford GT, 2 Nissan GTR's, bunch of Porsches, Z3 M, Corvette Z06, M3's & 335's and a few more other cars I'm forgetting, I just got back 5mins ago, there were still 8 cars there when I left.
we just want to grow this meet because for some of us the woodbridge meet is inconvenient because some of us live right downtown. the meet is Mississauga is dead so that only leaves woodbridge as the next closest meet and its just kinda far and the spot we found is convenient and pretty empty. i still dont know why there was never a big weekly meet closer to downtown ever made, maby this meet could grow and go on for the next 10 years just like the woodbridge one.
Old 07-27-2013, 11:30 PM   #158
Quack
Wheelman

Send a message via MSN to Quack
the Woodbridge location is the only Official Maxbimmer meeting location, all the other meets you see are setup by individuals that wanted to meet on a different day, that's why they are all setup on Saturdays & Sundays, not on Fridays, you are making a meet that conflicts with Maxbimmers Official meet, also the Woodbridge location was chosen so that it's central for everyone, we have people coming from, Oakville, Mississauga, Pickering, Ajax, Markham, Brampton, Toronto and many other places.
you also think we never tried setting up a weekly meet in Toronto, of course we tried, and it failed, so after a short time we gave up.

Maxbimmer Drama, You Gotta Love It
Quack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 08:50 AM   #159
Ali-323i
2nd Gear Member

Just to be clear, our meet doesn't conflict with the Woodbridge meet (or any others that I'm aware of) due to timing. In fact, we encourage those that show up to continue to attend Woodbridge or other meets once they leave the downtown meet. This way, we can head over to the other meets as a group, and allow us to meet other members who aren't able to make the other meets.

The Woodbridge meet in particular starts pretty late. I was there until 10:45 this past Friday, and only a handful of cars were there by that time.

Hopefully this can put to rest any notions of conflict. We're trying to accommodate those that aren't already able to participate somewhere else.
Old 07-28-2013, 08:51 AM   #160
Ali-323i
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatchM3 View Post
Hey! nice meeting you guys last night at the BK Meet. I was the one in the E46 M3. I ended up going to the Woodbine and 16th meet after too. Met alot of great guys last night. Count me in for future meets!
Great to meet you. Look forward to seeing you again at future meets!
Old 07-28-2013, 02:08 PM   #161
matt123494
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quack View Post
the Woodbridge location is the only Official Maxbimmer meeting location, all the other meets you see are setup by individuals that wanted to meet on a different day, that's why they are all setup on Saturdays & Sundays, not on Fridays, you are making a meet that conflicts with Maxbimmers Official meet, also the Woodbridge location was chosen so that it's central for everyone, we have people coming from, Oakville, Mississauga, Pickering, Ajax, Markham, Brampton, Toronto and many other places.
you also think we never tried setting up a weekly meet in Toronto, of course we tried, and it failed, so after a short time we gave up.
i just always thought that it was odd that there was a never a proper meet so maby this could be the official maxbimmer downtown Toronto meet and after at around 9:30-10 people can cruise to woodbridge so it dosent interfere. in other provinces the big meets are right in the main cities.
Old 07-28-2013, 08:45 PM   #162
Slowered318
loco de la cabaza

Well, the majority of members live north and west of Toronto. It makes total sense to have the meet central but open parking lots are a rareity downtown. The idea spot would be at Yorkdale but I think "rent a cops" would kick us out there.
Old 08-01-2013, 02:39 PM   #163
Ali-323i
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowered318 View Post
Well, the majority of members live north and west of Toronto. It makes total sense to have the meet central but open parking lots are a rareity downtown. The idea spot would be at Yorkdale but I think "rent a cops" would kick us out there.
Agreed... but I think our system works. Those that live North or West have easy access to Woodbridge meet, the rest of us can meet downtown (the BK parking lot at Leslie & Lakeshore has been good for us for several weeks now).

And again, those that are downtown or central, can still make their way to Woodbridge after the downtown meet since the timings are staggered.

Win-Win if you ask me!
Old 08-02-2013, 04:50 PM   #164
Ali-323i
2nd Gear Member

Sorry guys, doesn't look like I'll be able to make it out tonight.

Have fun!
Old 08-02-2013, 05:04 PM   #165
matt123494
2nd Gear Member

anyone new coming out today? as long as its not raining at 8:30 meet is still on, ill be there no matter what though.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: