Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Specific Regional Topics > Ontario
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 04-06-2012, 08:39 AM   #1
HansW
1st Gear Newbie

New Fall Car Meet in Hamilton

Some of my friends are going to rekindle a car meet, show & shine and cruise event in Hamilton this fall. Likely not only BMWs, but we are all passionate BMW owners and there will certainly be a focus in that direction, allowing enties and prizes for all European models.
I would love to hear some input as to what forum members here like and dislike in some current events being run so it can be the best possible experience for everyone. Any constructive input would be great.
HansW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 12:43 PM   #2
3x Beemer
4th Gear Member

why wait until fall? the weather is getting nice now.. any idea on a location yet?
3x Beemer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 03:10 PM   #3
HansW
1st Gear Newbie

Mohawk College parking lot is being considered. Agreed with the nice weather, but planning a quality event and getting the details correct takes time. Very early in planning and many things to work out. I will try to keep updates on this thread and certainly hope some members offer ideas and suggestions as well. One of the guys has contacts in the auto industry so there are hopes for some of them to have booths or at least be sponsors to offer prizes for the show & shine.
Old 04-21-2012, 09:23 AM   #4
HansW
1st Gear Newbie

Update on this event.

It will be called "UBERFEST"

Date and location has been locked down.

Saturday September 22
at Confederation Park Conservation Area
a great location near the at the lake front right at the bottom of Centennial Parkway at the QEW
there will be german food, and the location beside Wildwaterworks and Adventure Village which are great venues for the family to spend some time of they are not into the car scene as much.

It should be great fun and the event will focus on the cars and the people who are passionate about them.

They told me a website will soon be up and I will try to post more when I get more info.
Old 04-24-2012, 07:45 PM   #5
stinson
In Rust We Trust

hutches will be busy on a saturday, not to mention its not even a considered meet spot anymore due to all the bs, the old pitstop parking lot on queenston is a good location imo.
stinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 10:50 PM   #6
Nick_V
6th Gear Member

subscribed for updates
Nick_V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:10 AM   #7
HansW
1st Gear Newbie

Guys I am sorry if there is a misunderstanding.
This event will be an annual german car show, show and shine, cruise and possiblly other things taking place. This is not so much a meet in the same range as the types of Sunday night events that happen at Pitstop/Hutches.
The organizers will have vendors such as tire companies, modification suppliers, they are even working on having some German food (no beer garden for obvious reasons).
The location at Confederation will be at the "edgewater Pavillion" right inside the conservation area on the way to the water park.
No cost to attendees, but a small fee for all the Show & Shine competitors. It will be an all day event on Saturday Sept. 22nd.
I posted here, becuase I want to help them make this the best event possible and that means getting some of the BMW guys there to represent.
I hope the word will spread a little, so set the day in your calendar and hope for good weather.
I will continue to update as I get more information from them.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: