Thought I'd make a thread to track my progress after seeing Dave's touring.
A little background:
Picked the car up around Sept. 08, had it shipped to me from Montreal and so it began.
Seller said the car was rust free, ran great, only problems are blower not working and passenger window not working.
Car wasn't bad for an 88 and I'd say about 90% rust free, but not 'rust free'. CD had been hacked out of it and I have a new audio harness to fix that. M-Tech kit is decent condition and the brocks are beauts.
Since I'm keeping the car I've decided that I'd like to fix/change/upgrade the following:
Things I've done thus far:
- Patch two rust spots in driver side floor and any surface rust on the underbody - COMPLETE
- Change muffler from cat back - COMPLETE (Installed SS Brullen muffler as I had one on my e46 and loved it. Sounds great)
- Change drivers front fender as it had dent - COMPLETE (sanding and prepping for primer and paint)
- I also changed the gas line from the pump to the engine as I nicked it when cutting out the floor rust...oops
I'm going to start on the rear and work my way forward..
Parts waiting to be installed:
- I've ordered AKG bushings for my rear subframe as I'm planning on pulling it to paint it, so why not. 70A Subframe Mounts, 75D Trailing Arm
- Silicone vaccume lines
- New used checked Alternator
- Air Intake (Might fabricate a true cold air intake..tbd)
- Mint two piece knee bolster
Parts to be sourced still:
- Lowering Springs - either H&R Sport or Race...tbd
- Car currently has Blistein Sports with a very low drop on unknown springs. Need it up a bit.
Pic from previous owner
Car getting delivered to my house
Brullen Muffler Installed
New Fender Fitting (Crap BlackBerry pic)
That's about it for now. I'll post some pics as I progress..