Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password


Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-18-2012, 05:31 PM   #1
nec
1st Gear Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Toronto
Posts: 17
E46 M3 lowering springs?

I currently have H&R lowering springs on but i want the front end to be a little lower. What's brand of spring makes the car lower than H&R and can I only buy the front ones without purchasing whole kit?? I like how the back sits.
nec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 01:14 AM   #2
khurram
3rd Gear Member
 
khurram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: mississuga
Posts: 483
Get coilovers...

Your shocks will probably be done by now sitting on lowering springs, better to get the new ride comfort with better handling. Entry level coil overs cost around 1k, i got st coilovers and Im pretty happy going from my 75k stocks to them.
__________________

Silver 323CI *SOLD*
Silver E36 ///M *SOLD*
IB on CinnamonE46 ///M *SOLD*
Dakar Yellow E36 ///M *SOLD*
SG on LSB E46///M
khurram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 09:23 AM   #3
damameke
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,369
Quote:
Originally Posted by nec View Post
I currently have H&R lowering springs on but i want the front end to be a little lower. What's brand of spring makes the car lower than H&R and can I only buy the front ones without purchasing whole kit?? I like how the back sits.
Write to Jay(Stancefactory - a sponsor in here), Jay and Mike can offer you suggestions(they carry the BC coilover) - even cutting a very small amount from your front HR spring
damameke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 09:47 AM   #4
SiR
Vtec just kicked in
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: TO
Posts: 2,721
yay ruin your m3 by getting rid of all bump travel
__________________
-||Old Crayons||-
SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 12:08 PM   #5
jaym3smg
M. Learn it.
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Brampton, ON
Posts: 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by khurram View Post
Get coilovers...

Your shocks will probably be done by now sitting on lowering springs, better to get the new ride comfort with better handling. Entry level coil overs cost around 1k, i got st coilovers and Im pretty happy going from my 75k stocks to them.
^^^ This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by damameke View Post
Write to Jay(Stancefactory - a sponsor in here), Jay and Mike can offer you suggestions(they carry the BC coilover) - even cutting a very small amount from your front HR spring
^^^ Not this. Are you serious?

I don't know if any reputable shop would be willing to cut springs so you have better "stance".

Your shocks are probably toast by now anyway, so might as well get a proper coilover kit and enjoy better handling with the knowledge your spring won't break in half next time you hit a pothole. Realize that the M3 rear end does LOOK lower than the front when both front and back are level, it's the way the body is built. If you want the front to look as low as the rear, your car will be tipped forward slightly.

Anyone who cuts springs on ANY car, let alone an M3, should be hit repeatedly with something hard and blunt.

-J
__________________
2014 M5 - Daily monster
2003.0 M3 - Track / weekend toy

jaym3smg is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.