Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-18-2012, 05:31 PM   #1
nec
1st Gear Newbie

E46 M3 lowering springs?

I currently have H&R lowering springs on but i want the front end to be a little lower. What's brand of spring makes the car lower than H&R and can I only buy the front ones without purchasing whole kit?? I like how the back sits.
nec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 01:14 AM   #2
khurram
3rd Gear Member

Get coilovers...

Your shocks will probably be done by now sitting on lowering springs, better to get the new ride comfort with better handling. Entry level coil overs cost around 1k, i got st coilovers and Im pretty happy going from my 75k stocks to them.

Silver 323CI *SOLD*
Silver E36 ///M *SOLD*
IB on CinnamonE46 ///M *SOLD*
Dakar Yellow E36 ///M *SOLD*
SG on LSB E46///M
khurram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 09:23 AM   #3
damameke
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nec View Post
I currently have H&R lowering springs on but i want the front end to be a little lower. What's brand of spring makes the car lower than H&R and can I only buy the front ones without purchasing whole kit?? I like how the back sits.
Write to Jay(Stancefactory - a sponsor in here), Jay and Mike can offer you suggestions(they carry the BC coilover) - even cutting a very small amount from your front HR spring
damameke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 09:47 AM   #4
SiR
Vtec just kicked in

yay ruin your m3 by getting rid of all bump travel
Old 03-21-2012, 12:08 PM   #5
jaym3smg
M. Learn it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khurram View Post
Get coilovers...

Your shocks will probably be done by now sitting on lowering springs, better to get the new ride comfort with better handling. Entry level coil overs cost around 1k, i got st coilovers and Im pretty happy going from my 75k stocks to them.
^^^ This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by damameke View Post
Write to Jay(Stancefactory - a sponsor in here), Jay and Mike can offer you suggestions(they carry the BC coilover) - even cutting a very small amount from your front HR spring
^^^ Not this. Are you serious?

I don't know if any reputable shop would be willing to cut springs so you have better "stance".

Your shocks are probably toast by now anyway, so might as well get a proper coilover kit and enjoy better handling with the knowledge your spring won't break in half next time you hit a pothole. Realize that the M3 rear end does LOOK lower than the front when both front and back are level, it's the way the body is built. If you want the front to look as low as the rear, your car will be tipped forward slightly.

Anyone who cuts springs on ANY car, let alone an M3, should be hit repeatedly with something hard and blunt.

-J

jaym3smg is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: