Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E30 (1983 - 1991)
User Name
Password


Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-29-2013, 09:19 AM   #1
BMe30
all by chance...
 
BMe30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: mississauga
Posts: 819
Rev it up!

A little clip of my itb set up.

http://youtu.be/uPNYFYNqcJ4

Just need to make some time for a little dyno tuning for wot ignition timing
__________________

Gone but not forgotten
BMe30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 05:26 PM   #2
mr ilia
3rd Gear Member
 
mr ilia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: gta
Posts: 308
Nice. What is a turnerpro?
How do you plan to do etest with this whole setup?
__________________
mr ilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 09:03 PM   #3
BMe30
all by chance...
 
BMe30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: mississauga
Posts: 819
Tunerpro is a free tuning software program. You do however need to buy ostrich 2.0 hardware to plug into the ecu. You will also need an xdf file to translate the bin file to tune with.

It has its ups and downs... So far the only down side is that you still need to run the afm. The plus side is you have full tuning control just as a full standalone system.

Since the car is a 91 i fall under the 2 speed idle test. So as long as im running clean during the 2 idle tests i should be fine. I plan on having an emissions tune to upload when the time comes.
__________________

Gone but not forgotten
BMe30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 10:39 AM   #4
mr ilia
3rd Gear Member
 
mr ilia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: gta
Posts: 308
How much did Ostrich 2.0 cost you?
mr ilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 11:36 AM   #5
NOTORIOUS VR
6th Gear Member
 
NOTORIOUS VR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,158
hard to see, but it looks like you have the stock barn door (AFM/flapper) still there after the air filter?

If so can I ask why? all that work to put ITB's and a nice plenum and then put that restriction in front?
__________________
E36 VEMS TUNING
Google Talk: NOTORIOUS VR
NOTORIOUS VR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 11:39 AM   #6
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair
 
Bullet Ride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Guelph
Posts: 5,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMe30 View Post
Since the car is a 91 i fall under the 2 speed idle test. So as long as im running clean during the 2 idle tests i should be fine. I plan on having an emissions tune to upload when the time comes.
You shouldn't have a problem, I almost passed this morning with no ICV and a cam
http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/show...4&postcount=11

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS VR View Post
If so can I ask why? all that work to put ITB's and a nice plenum and then put that restriction in front?
I believe he's planning on converting over to stand alone eventually, but in the mean time on the stock DME he still needs the AFM for the car to run.
__________________

Last edited by Bullet Ride; 05-31-2013 at 11:42 AM.
Bullet Ride is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 12:08 PM   #7
BMe30
all by chance...
 
BMe30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: mississauga
Posts: 819
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr ilia View Post
How much did Ostrich 2.0 cost you?
http://www.moates.net/ostrich-20-the...eed-p-169.html

__________________

Gone but not forgotten
BMe30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 12:15 PM   #8
BMe30
all by chance...
 
BMe30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: mississauga
Posts: 819
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS VR View Post
hard to see, but it looks like you have the stock barn door (AFM/flapper) still there after the air filter?

If so can I ask why? all that work to put ITB's and a nice plenum and then put that restriction in front?
Fair question. It was cheaper at the time to go with tunerpro rt / ostrich 2.0 to tune my car instead of going full standalone.
After i build another m42 with a sport cam and higher cr im going to go full standalone and bigger itbs with a pretty funky itb mount manifold... Here's the hint "pulse chambers". Ive seen them on the stock m42 intake manifold. But where my jaw dropped was when i saw the pulse chamber on a m10 race motor with side draft carbs and pulse chambers on the header!

Crazy
__________________

Gone but not forgotten
BMe30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 12:32 PM   #9
mr ilia
3rd Gear Member
 
mr ilia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: gta
Posts: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMe30 View Post
Can you also get a wire harness to set it up w/o messing with stock wiring?
__________________
mr ilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 12:38 PM   #10
NOTORIOUS VR
6th Gear Member
 
NOTORIOUS VR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,158
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMe30 View Post
Fair question. It was cheaper at the time to go with tunerpro rt / ostrich 2.0 to tune my car instead of going full standalone.
After i build another m42 with a sport cam and higher cr im going to go full standalone and bigger itbs with a pretty funky itb mount manifold... Here's the hint "pulse chambers". Ive seen them on the stock m42 intake manifold. But where my jaw dropped was when i saw the pulse chamber on a m10 race motor with side draft carbs and pulse chambers on the header!

Crazy
I was under the assumption that some people were able to get a MAF in place of the AFM (maybe hit up some of the guys on E30tech.com who have done just that (on an M20 ECU).

Otherwise it looks like a nice setup!
__________________
E36 VEMS TUNING
Google Talk: NOTORIOUS VR
NOTORIOUS VR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 12:48 PM   #11
SiR
Vtec just kicked in
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: TO
Posts: 2,714
great diy set up. love this kind of stuff
__________________
-||Old Crayons||-
SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 01:10 PM   #12
BMe30
all by chance...
 
BMe30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: mississauga
Posts: 819
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr ilia View Post
Can you also get a wire harness to set it up w/o messing with stock wiring?
It plugs into the ecu where a performace chip would go. It uses all the stock sensors


VR : Miller tried to build a maf conversion for the m42 but dropped it. There is another guy who is taking up the maf challenge in cali for the m42.

Bulletride: what was your emissions results? Easy tune to pass?
__________________

Gone but not forgotten
BMe30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 01:27 PM   #13
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair
 
Bullet Ride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Guelph
Posts: 5,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMe30 View Post
Bulletride: what was your emissions results? Easy tune to pass?
See the post I linked.
__________________
Bullet Ride is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 01:41 PM   #14
BMe30
all by chance...
 
BMe30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: mississauga
Posts: 819
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Ride View Post
See the post I linked.
My bad
__________________

Gone but not forgotten
BMe30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 02:21 PM   #15
mr ilia
3rd Gear Member
 
mr ilia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: gta
Posts: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMe30 View Post
It plugs into the ecu where a performace chip would go. It uses all the stock sensors
Sorry, want to clarify, are you saying it is plug and play as it is? No cutting and soldering will be required?
mr ilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.