Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-08-2012, 04:41 AM   #16
Gertrude214
1st Gear Newbie

I want to make sure it rains all the salt away 。
Gertrude214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:06 AM   #17
E30 Girl
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to E30 Girl
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5style View Post
I guess you missed the ONLY WHEN ITS DRY part Linds, my car is in dry storage, im not scared of dust salt, im scared of wet salt.
I did read it right maybe you miss understood me...you drive the car salt dust gets on car then you put it away. Two months later you take it out on a sunny day maybe three days later it rains that is when the salt dust now becomes wet salt and that is why I don't take my car out ever in the winter till all traces of salt are gone.
E30 Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 11:07 AM   #18
2bmw2
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by E30 Girl View Post
I did read it right maybe you miss understood me...you drive the car salt dust gets on car then you put it away. Two months later you take it out on a sunny day maybe three days later it rains that is when the salt dust now becomes wet salt and that is why I don't take my car out ever in the winter till all traces of salt are gone.
I doubt there is any salt on the roads in Toronto right now. Seriously, how many times do you think they salted the roads in the past 3 months? And even one good day of rain washes it away.
2bmw2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 11:25 AM   #19
E30 Girl
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bmw2 View Post
I doubt there is any salt on the roads in Toronto right now. Seriously, how many times do you think they salted the roads in the past 3 months? And even one good day of rain washes it away.
You would be surprised there is still a fair bit o the roads and they were salting last week again. They also use the liquid salt here so you really have to be careful....if you really care that is.

I bought my car in Florida so I am a little anal about keeping it away from the salt it is truly a "never seen salt/winter" car and I'd like to keep it that way.
Old 03-08-2012, 11:37 AM   #20
5style
Hatters gon Hatt

Quote:
You would be surprised there is still a fair bit o the roads and they were salting last week again. They also use the liquid salt here so you really have to be careful....if you really care that is.

I bought my car in Florida so I am a little anal about keeping it away from the salt it is truly a "never seen salt/winter" car and I'd like to keep it that way.
No, Lindsay is right, there is still quite a bit, but i always wash after a drive , dry then wrap it up again in the garage hahahaaa *nutty*

PS, That Liquid salt is the WORST! Rain=activated, moisture=activated, and its evenly spread across the road. Its raining today if those ****s salt when its done, I am going to FLIP.
Old 03-08-2012, 12:11 PM   #21
E30 Girl
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5style View Post
No, Lindsay is right, there is still quite a bit, but i always wash after a drive , dry then wrap it up again in the garage hahahaaa *nutty*

PS, That Liquid salt is the WORST! Rain=activated, moisture=activated, and its evenly spread across the road. Its raining today if those ****s salt when its done, I am going to FLIP.
I hear you I started the car last night in my underground and drive it around in circles up and down three levels to make myself feel better...lol

As long as they don't salt anymore I'll be driving it by the 20th it supposed to 15 that day I think.
Old 03-08-2012, 12:53 PM   #22
jon.e
2nd Gear Member

Just make sure u take ur car to krown, i have my car rust proofed every spring. My dad has a 95 delsol krowns it everyyear and it doesn't have a spec of rust and it has 400k on original everything and he drives it all year round.
Old 03-08-2012, 06:15 PM   #23
bmw.ae
DO U EVEN SHIFT BRO?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quack View Post
to be safe, going to put my summers on in April, think March is a hit or miss with snow storms.
tru especially in toronto, seeing as i have 2 bubbly spots this will be the last winter i drive in with the cab , car took a beating!!..but i've started the springs mods, including the raise(even though ppl usually lower in spring lol)
i need a good detail and rust proof before the first cruise
1994 320i sedan - RIP
2004 mazda 6 - RIP
1994 mazda mx6 mystere -sold
2000 chrysler neon - sold
1993 honda civic dx coupe - sold
1989 nissan 240sx - RIP
1989 honda civic si (ef) x 2 - sold/seized
bmw.ae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 06:23 PM   #24
v_bimmer
Jailbait FTW

I will put full coverage insurance as of April 1st, after that just drive drive drive....
Old 03-08-2012, 07:30 PM   #25
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
rode around with the top down most of the day today. apparently this is march in calgary.

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
fun: 2006 YZF-R6, black
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 11:10 AM   #26
740-iLL
Founder of GTA7's

Quote:
I don't care if it is cold as long as there is no salt I'm driving my car. That goes for the fall too it's out till the end of Nov first salt it's gone.

There is salt dust on the ground that is transfered to your car when it gets wet it is activated and then you get rust....no driving till no salt!!

Otherwise why bother storing your cars at all?
+1 I am waiting for a good rain!
Old 03-09-2012, 11:58 AM   #27
BMWdouche
Not Banned... Yet

meh who cares.. its just a car.. I put my summers on last weekend.
BMWdouche is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 12:44 PM   #28
E30 Girl
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 740-iLL View Post
+1 I am waiting for a good rain!
I looked at the weather today rain on Monday and Thursday and as of Sunday every day over 10 and night over 3. Friday next week will be 17 if we get the two days of rain I'll be driving it Friday!!!!!
Old 03-09-2012, 03:22 PM   #29
VSanj
6th Gear Member

been driving for a week or so!
Old 03-09-2012, 09:00 PM   #30
JINT
5th Gear Member

Put mine on that one warm day we had. And it f@king snowed today !!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: