Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-08-2012, 01:41 AM   #16
5style
Hatters gon Hatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmdbley'sBro View Post
who, people that are of the Anti-war or anti endless war for profit sentiment?

and so what? there's child soldiers in america - gangs. something like 17,000+ kids go missing every year.

theres lots of similar problems at home that should be fixed before america dumps trillions on another 'humanatarian' war
Help those who can't help themselves first.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:12 AM   #17
SiR
Vtec just kicked in

this is bs.
its 10 yrs too late and a big hoax.

and the people behind it are shady fawks.

http://thedailywh.at/2012/03/07/on-k...f=newpromocopy

Quote:
The organization behind Kony 2012 — Invisible Children Inc. — is an extremely shady nonprofit that has been called ”misleading,” “naive,” and “dangerous” by a Yale political science professor, and has been accused by Foreign Affairs of “manipulat[ing] facts for strategic purposes.” They have also been criticized by the Better Business Bureau for refusing to provide information necessary to determine if IC meets the Bureau’s standards.

Additionally, IC has a low two-star rating in accountability from Charity Navigator because they won’t let their financials be independently audited. That’s not a good thing. In fact, it’s a very bad thing, and should make you immediately pause and reflect on where the money you’re sending them is going.

By IC’s own admission, only 31% of all the funds they receive go toward actually helping anyone [pdf]. The rest go to line the pockets of the three people in charge of the organization, to pay for their travel expenses (over $1 million in the last year alone) and to fund their filmmaking business (also over a million) — which is quite an effective way to make more money, as clearly illustrated by the fact that so many can’t seem to stop forwarding their well-engineered emotional blackmail to everyone they’ve ever known.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:50 AM   #18
BMWdouche
Not Banned... Yet

lol.. come on guys.. I expected better than this from you lot. This is as much of a scam as all the other fake "GIVE ME 1000000 LIKES AND MY DAUGHTER GETS CANCER TREATMENT" shit you see on FB.

Chrisssssst. I have given myself a massive headache by facepalming so much over the last few days.

This is seriously the dumbest shit I've ever seen and is at least 9 years old.

hurr durr
BMWdouche is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:51 AM   #19
careless7
Drivin' new whips weekly

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmdbley'sBro View Post

I feel bad for those kids, but the 20 year campaign in iraq has killed millions of people or More than this Koni guy ever could...
It's funnier when we call him "Koni" They should name his right hand man "Bilstein"
Old 03-08-2012, 11:49 AM   #20
Blades
Your opinion is to long

All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. Thats how far the world is from where i am. just one bad day. - Unknown
Blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 12:18 PM   #21
Discostar
2nd Gear Member

There are a millions problems in the world.

What's really sad is one person decides to try and do something about one of them, and you have typical backlash from cynics who are just looking to justify to themselves why they arent gonna be part of it.

Its one thing if some sort of serious evidence surfaces that makes these guys a fraud. Its another when people start spreading bullshit taken from fly by night wanna be news websites and forums about little technical details taken out of context, and calling that proof.

Maybe some of you should looks at these nay saying sources with the same critical eye you looked at the campagin, and the rest of you should actually watch the film, and do some research before you comment.
Old 03-08-2012, 12:19 PM   #22
BMWdouche
Not Banned... Yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discostar View Post

What's really sad is one person decides to try and do something about one of them, and you have typical backlash from cynics who are just looking to justify to themselves why they arent gonna be part of it.

Its one thing if some sort of serious evidence surfaces that makes these guys a fraud. Its another when people start spreading bullshit taken from fly by night wanna be news websites and forums about little technical details taken out of context, and calling that proof.

Maybe some of you should looks at these nay saying sources with the same critical eye you looked at the campagin, and the rest of you should actually watch the film, and do some research before you comment.
http://c2052482.r82.cf0.rackcdn.com/...pdf?1320205055

herpaderp
BMWdouche is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 12:25 PM   #23
Blades
Your opinion is to long

Quote:

I think this guy explains it best ..

.. lol .. love this guy

All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. Thats how far the world is from where i am. just one bad day. - Unknown
Blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 12:30 PM   #24
NOTORIOUS VR
6th Gear Member

Quote:

LOL WUT?

**** all this stupid bandwagon shit... everyone is posting this crap everywhere, when this has been going on for longer then anyone wants to care... but because someone makes a viral video and wants to accept donations people should fight for it?

How about YOU read other views on the subject.

This KONY BS is a disaster and just running wild for no reason.

http://ilto.wordpress.com/2006/11/02...ible-children/

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...rticle2362416/

http://jezebel.com/5891269/think-twi...e-meme-du-jour

The internet can be used for a lot of good.. but this is all just a bunch of BS people blindly supporting something they know nothing about.
Old 03-08-2012, 12:43 PM   #25
Discostar
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWdouche View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS VR View Post
LOL WUT?

**** all this stupid bandwagon shit... everyone is posting this crap everywhere, when this has been going on for longer then anyone wants to care... but because someone makes a viral video and wants to accept donations people should fight for it?

How about YOU read other views on the subject.

This KONY BS is a disaster and just running wild for no reason.

http://ilto.wordpress.com/2006/11/02...ible-children/

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...rticle2362416/

http://jezebel.com/5891269/think-twi...e-meme-du-jour

The internet can be used for a lot of good.. but this is all just a bunch of BS people blindly supporting something they know nothing about.

Thats a little better...
Old 03-08-2012, 12:59 PM   #26
NOTORIOUS VR
6th Gear Member

http://visiblechildren.tumblr.com/

Founders of Invisible Children:
Old 03-08-2012, 01:08 PM   #27
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

Quote:

This is where you lost any credibility and I stopped reading your post.

I don't need to justify myself to anyone, ever. I don't feel one bit guilty about any of it and therefore don't need to justify it to myself either.

This is about a bunch of people who need to "belong" and "feel a part" of a "movement" who jump on the bandwagon even though at the end of the day, they do even less about any of it then us "cynics".

I am sick and tired of hearing about people jumping ship for causes in places they never even heard of when there is the same and worse happening here.

Join big brother big sister and make a difference in some little kids life who has parents that could give a shit and can't teach their kids anything because they are too busy spending their welfare cheque on cheap canadian beer and weed.

Its easier for these "fools/non cynics" to say " I belong to a cause that a) i can't help b/c of how far it is, or b) let me "spread the word" which really is futile.

Nigga (ndr) pls.

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:. Individual-1 of 1 - Style 65 Wheels; 9.5" Square Set up;275 Tires;10mm/3mm Spacers; Black Kidneys;Muffler Delete; 3.5" Dual Tips; Beast Power; "Dinan" Ducts; E60 SSK; BC Coils
Hers--'04 Volvo S60R/6spd.:Nautical Blue/Gobi&Black
'00 BMW ///M5 .:Avus Blue/Grey/Black:. 1 of 8 SOLD
Toys
'88 BMW 635CSi Blue/Tan Sport
'81 MB 500 SEC Euro Koenig
bmwm5lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 01:33 PM   #28
NOTORIOUS VR
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwm5lover View Post
This is where you lost any credibility and I stopped reading your post.

I don't need to justify myself to anyone, ever. I don't feel one bit guilty about any of it and therefore don't need to justify it to myself either.

This is about a bunch of people who need to "belong" and "feel a part" of a "movement" who jump on the bandwagon even though at the end of the day, they do even less about any of it then us "cynics".

I am sick and tired of hearing about people jumping ship for causes in places they never even heard of when there is the same and worse happening here.

Join big brother big sister and make a difference in some little kids life who has parents that could give a shit and can't teach their kids anything because they are too busy spending their welfare cheque on cheap canadian beer and weed.

Its easier for these "fools/non cynics" to say " I belong to a cause that a) i can't help b/c of how far it is, or b) let me "spread the word" which really is futile.

Nigga (ndr) pls.
Old 03-08-2012, 01:36 PM   #29
Discostar
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwm5lover View Post
This is...
Here is where I stopped reading your post.

In all seriousness, the cause is a good one, and I did know about it long before I watched that movie. I didn’t know about Kony, and I didn’t know what I could do to help.

Their intentions, from what I can see, are good. They may be a little misguided in their direction, but when people make them out to be fraudulent scammers I think that is just bullshit. No one makes the trek to Uganda just to get rich off a film it took 7 years to make. They also did alot of good in that time.

I would love to personally make a difference in many places. I know that’s not always possible in my current position, but its something I do work toward, and if the chance comes along to make a difference in the meantime I do what I can. I understand why people get frustrated and I agree that those statements about people following the facebook trends are true for many people, but not everyone.

When someone wants to make an effort, its great to inform people of the facts, but don’t go skewing the truth with opinion on a topic like this. Keep to the facts. The info that was posted is good to know.

Thats all I'm saying.

Last edited by Discostar; 03-08-2012 at 02:01 PM.
Discostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 04:56 PM   #30
SiR
Vtec just kicked in

youre delusional

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: