Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-25-2012, 06:27 PM   #16
Deep 3.2TL
6th Gear Member

Movie critics be damned - how much you wanna bet it still does well?

2007 Z4 3.0si
Deep 3.2TL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 10:22 PM   #17
aspen540
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep 3.2TL View Post
Movie critics be damned - how much you wanna bet it still does well?
aspen540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 10:24 PM   #18
Deep 3.2TL
6th Gear Member

Who's back peddling??? I just said the movie critics are full of shit.

Comprehend much??

2007 Z4 3.0si
Old 02-25-2012, 10:29 PM   #19
aspen540
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Who's back peddling??? I just said the movie critics are full of shit.

Comprehend much??
movie critics are full of shit and it's real life. keep going
Old 02-25-2012, 10:42 PM   #20
Deep 3.2TL
6th Gear Member

Lol - you and sirex - brain children...

2007 Z4 3.0si
Old 02-25-2012, 10:52 PM   #21
aspen540
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Lol - you and sirex - brain children...
at least were not trying to sell bullshit on a public forum
Old 02-25-2012, 11:10 PM   #22
Deep 3.2TL
6th Gear Member

Yea.. yea ya are.... go on now and play...

2007 Z4 3.0si
Old 02-26-2012, 01:14 AM   #23
ericdalinda
6th Gear Member

really who watches movies based on critic reviews? do you buy/download music based on how someone else told you how good the album is?

that persuades you to go see or listen to a movie/song i understand that. but Movies are a form of art, some people might interpret the movie differently. my friends rag on me because I like some movies that are deemed garbage. So what, its me that likes it and its them that dislike it.

take my recommendation as a grain of salt, I really enjoyed black hawk down and really enjoyed tears of the sun and you can easily compare the two movies. both special force shooters; one jungle combat one urban combat.

Act of Valor is a mix between the two and is a great movie if you like those two.

critics are idiots, "Home Alone" a movie that has been bashed by a lot of critics and recieved 54% on Rotten tomatoes is a great example of that. "Home Alone" is one of the best christmas movies ever made and forever will be in my top 100 movies of all time.

"300" is another example, sweet friggin movie but was bashed by critics.
ericdalinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 01:35 AM   #24
Deep 3.2TL
6th Gear Member

My point exactly!! But apparently that means I'm back peddling. Lol...

2007 Z4 3.0si
Old 02-26-2012, 02:29 AM   #25
Blackedout95
5th Gear Member

Is this the movie with Joe Pesci?
Old 02-27-2012, 07:19 PM   #26
sirex
King Sirex

Have any of you guys read the book Black Hawk Down? You realize that Black Hawk Down is based on real life. It is a real life sequel of events that took place 20 years ago. The author of the book was there and experienced it all, he was fighting.

The reason that Black Hawk Down is a good movie is because it brings the characters to life on the screen, and the movie doesn't end with a happy ending reach around chant screaming USA USA USA. Thats what also makes it a great movie, its not trying to show off how cool the US military is.

Black Hawk Down is a movie that is more than just about machine guns and explosions. You actually feel connected to the characters as they die one by one to a useless conflict.

So, why do I like reading critic reviews? Because I am not 5 year olds. Explosions, boobies, guns, are all great things, however they do not make a great movie.

Sorry that I want a little more depth than "this movie rocks because it shows you the perspective of a navy SEAL," cool, so does Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3, and from the sounds of it, MW3 is more fun.

Anyway, I HAVE NOT SEEN THE MOVIE yet, but I am waiting for the torrent. When it comes out, I will watch it then and only then can I truly tell you how I feel about it.... But at the same time, reading the reviews/what other people think about it DOES persuade me to either PAY or not PAY for a movie, and how many resources to devote to trying to see it.

From what you guys are saying it sounds like a typical shoot them up that looks cool. Gets a few oohs and aaahs. Ya m16s do look cool, and so do grenade launchers and rpgs, and boats with big guns on them. So for the explosion factor I'd like to see the effects, neatness of it all. I give you that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericdalinda View Post
really who watches movies based on critic reviews? do you buy/download music based on how someone else told you how good the album is?

that persuades you to go see or listen to a movie/song i understand that. but Movies are a form of art, some people might interpret the movie differently. my friends rag on me because I like some movies that are deemed garbage. So what, its me that likes it and its them that dislike it.

take my recommendation as a grain of salt, I really enjoyed black hawk down and really enjoyed tears of the sun and you can easily compare the two movies. both special force shooters; one jungle combat one urban combat.

Act of Valor is a mix between the two and is a great movie if you like those two.

critics are idiots, "Home Alone" a movie that has been bashed by a lot of critics and recieved 54% on Rotten tomatoes is a great example of that. "Home Alone" is one of the best christmas movies ever made and forever will be in my top 100 movies of all time.

"300" is another example, sweet friggin movie but was bashed by critics.

Last edited by sirex; 02-27-2012 at 07:21 PM.
sirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 07:23 PM   #27
sirex
King Sirex

Another cool movie with explosions is Battle: Los Angeles.
Old 02-27-2012, 08:14 PM   #28
ericdalinda
6th Gear Member

Battle los angeles is sick, I recommend that as well for saturday matinee
ericdalinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 11:07 PM   #29
bmdbley'sBro
wouldu like some tinfoil?

-

The military flick "Act of Valor" opened today, which uses real life Navy SEALs to give Americans a "realistic" view of what these secretive forces do. Indeed it looks exciting and heroic, but it is of course Hollywood. So does the movie portray reality, or just what the government wants you to see? It's a question worth asking and one the mainstream media often ignores. To what extent does the Pentagon doctor Hollywood scripts in order to shift public opinion? Keith Harmon Snow, a war correspondent, shares his opinion with RT's Kristine Frazao.
Old 02-27-2012, 11:12 PM   #30
Deep 3.2TL
6th Gear Member

I was waiting for tin foil boy to show up and crap on the thread...

2007 Z4 3.0si

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: