Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password


Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-23-2012, 07:01 PM   #1
lvan
6th Gear Member
 
lvan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Location
Posts: 5,256
Send a message via MSN to lvan
So now Iran - Israel conflict



Okay so after Americans bombed Japan, Vietnam, Yugoslavia (1999), Iraq 2001-2011, North Afirica 2011, Iran could be next. So could this be the time when shit may hit the fan?

How would this conflict affect us in Canada? How much are we looking to be paying for gas? What is it gonna do to our economy? What's your opinion on Iran-Israel-Usa issue? Gas prices in UK/Framce already jumped by a bit more than expected. I think this may be a nightmare if Usa gets stuck in there as they have done in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Bring it on.
lvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 07:03 PM   #2
sirex
King Sirex
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 9,850
Bomb everything.

Good time to buy Raytheon, Northman Groupen (whatever its called) and all those other bomb makers.
__________________
sirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 12:06 AM   #3
daytona
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,715
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirex View Post
Bomb everything.

Good time to buy Raytheon, Northman Groupen (whatever its called) and all those other bomb makers.
you should have bought the military shares in 2001 when Bush Sr started desert storm I....by all acounts 125 companies that makes the guns,bullets,vest,etc,etc their stock has almost triple in value since then.Not to go into the Tinfoil hat direction but look at Bush Jr former VP past and see conflict of interest in almost 5 major military contractors that won billion dollar contracts for the next 10 years.
__________________
.Never banned but came very close..three times
daytona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 11:37 AM   #4
sirex
King Sirex
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 9,850
Quote:
Originally Posted by daytona View Post
you should have bought the military shares in 2001 when Bush Sr started desert storm I....by all acounts 125 companies that makes the guns,bullets,vest,etc,etc their stock has almost triple in value since then.Not to go into the Tinfoil hat direction but look at Bush Jr former VP past and see conflict of interest in almost 5 major military contractors that won billion dollar contracts for the next 10 years.
ohya I know dude. Started watching Raytheon back in 2006. only back then I didn't have money lol.
__________________
sirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 01:01 PM   #5
BimmerGuys
2nd Gear Member
 
BimmerGuys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 209
They never bomber Yugoslavia, they bombed Serbia.
__________________
Sell My Car Fast
BimmerGuys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 02:07 PM   #6
noodles101
ΛΦΕ
 
noodles101's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Etobicoke / Waterloo
Posts: 1,483
is this the reason why the gas price is 1.30 -__-............
__________________
noodles101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 06:55 PM   #7
lvan
6th Gear Member
 
lvan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Location
Posts: 5,256
Send a message via MSN to lvan
Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerGuys View Post
They never bomber Yugoslavia, they bombed Serbia.

Not true. They bombed Bosnia in 1995 as well. Montenegro and Serbia were targeted in 1999 as well.

I am not gonna buy American car ever. The Japanese one that I tend to buy has to come with a VIN number starting with J.
lvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 06:57 PM   #8
lvan
6th Gear Member
 
lvan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Location
Posts: 5,256
Send a message via MSN to lvan
Quote:
Originally Posted by daytona View Post
you should have bought the military shares in 2001 when Bush Sr started desert storm I....by all acounts 125 companies that makes the guns,bullets,vest,etc,etc their stock has almost triple in value since then.Not to go into the Tinfoil hat direction but look at Bush Jr former VP past and see conflict of interest in almost 5 major military contractors that won billion dollar contracts for the next 10 years.
Sounds logical, but you would have to sell at the right time as well. Correct?
lvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 08:12 PM   #9
damameke
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,372
Quote:
Originally Posted by noodles101 View Post
is this the reason why the gas price is 1.30 -__-............
partially.. Iran stopped selling oil to a few EU countries.. British and French companies thus Oil price has spiked, closed at $125 on Friday,
so gas price will be higher soon $1.40 to $1.50 regular

oil stock anyone?...
damameke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 12:23 AM   #10
ericdalinda
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,243
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvan View Post
Not true. They bombed Bosnia in 1995 as well. Montenegro and Serbia were targeted in 1999 as well.

I am not gonna buy American car ever. The Japanese one that I tend to buy has to come with a VIN number starting with J.
cool story bro
ericdalinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 02:24 AM   #11
5style
Hatters gon Hatt
 
5style's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Toronot
Posts: 5,130
Quote:
Originally Posted by damameke View Post
partially.. Iran stopped selling oil to a few EU countries.. British and French companies thus Oil price has spiked, closed at $125 on Friday,
so gas price will be higher soon $1.40 to $1.50 regular

oil stock anyone?...
ok thats it, im converting to diesel and then to biodiesel. **** THIS.
__________________
Cayenne hunting!
5style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 10:30 AM   #12
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy
 
bmwm5lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Thornhill
Posts: 15,487
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5style View Post
ok thats it, im converting to diesel and then to biodiesel. **** THIS.
Stop bitching!! My engine is twice as big as yours, imagine how I am going to feel at the pump!
__________________
www.enthusiastauto.caNeed a car???

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:.Individual- Modded
Hers--'07 BMW M5/6.:Indianapolis Red/Black:.
Toys
'91 BMW 850i J Spec Modded
'88 BMW 635CSi Lowered
'81 MB 500 SEC Koenig WILD RIDE
bmwm5lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 12:03 PM   #13
Blades
Your opinion is to long
 
Blades's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 5,368
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwm5lover View Post
Stop bitching!! My engine is twice as big as yours, imagine how I am going to feel at the pump!
if you can afford an M5 you can afford the gas.
__________________
-=[ BL/\DES ]=-



All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. Thats how far the world is from where i am. just one bad day. - Unknown
Blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 05:17 PM   #14
Dinanstu
3rd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 398
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvan View Post
Okay so after Americans bombed Japan, Vietnam, Yugoslavia (1999), Iraq 2001-2011, North Afirica 2011, Iran could be next. So could this be the time when shit may hit the fan?

How would this conflict affect us in Canada? How much are we looking to be paying for gas? What is it gonna do to our economy? What's your opinion on Iran-Israel-Usa issue? Gas prices in UK/Framce already jumped by a bit more than expected. I think this may be a nightmare if Usa gets stuck in there as they have done in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Bring it on.

So what about your 'bubble' if Iran has a bomb? Try not to show us how you REALLY feel without all the information. That's why the world needs the inspection of the nuclear sights that Iran has agreed to in treaty (NPT)and now refuses access?....
...but go ahead, blame the USA when they are doing ....nothing...

Economy? Gas? Thats pretty ignorant considering the price the people will pay if this goes tits up...maybe you should enlist...
Dinanstu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 07:38 PM   #15
sirex
King Sirex
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 9,850
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinanstu View Post
So what about your 'bubble' if Iran has a bomb? Try not to show us how you REALLY feel without all the information. That's why the world needs the inspection of the nuclear sights that Iran has agreed to in treaty (NPT)and now refuses access?....
...but go ahead, blame the USA when they are doing ....nothing...

Economy? Gas? Thats pretty ignorant considering the price the people will pay if this goes tits up...maybe you should enlist...
Iran makes 1% of the worlds oil. The only reason price even fluctuates is because of all the bullshit going on the exchanges on a daily basis by people with shit tons of cash.

edit

I may have underexagerated that number.
__________________

Last edited by sirex; 02-27-2012 at 07:41 PM.
sirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Maxbimmer Copyright 2001 - 2015