Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-21-2012, 03:13 PM   #16
SiR
Vtec just kicked in

the word for ontario is obvlivous.

people are out to lunch . weve had these threads here before. they dont have a clue of whats going on and IF they do they feel they have the right to be there.

moving over to the right supercedes all else, no matter how fast or slow you are going out there.
Old 02-21-2012, 04:12 PM   #17
Furious
BMW again.

cops need to start enforcing the passing lane. every day going home from work on the DVP there is always one guy holding up the line.
Furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 04:18 PM   #18
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
Quote:
Originally Posted by slemmer View Post
Right lane passing? That's as obscure as no right turns on red.
lol. right = left.

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
Fun: 2006 YZF-R6, black, ohlins, pazzo, graves
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 04:27 PM   #19
daytona
6th Gear Member

Montreal drivers are good on the highway but in the city they are the chits.Every thing you can think off that would pissed off a driver that obeys the rules of the road is there...how can anyone say Montreal drivers are better than Torontos...at least in Toronto they take your lane then give you the finger but in Montreal they take your lane,give you the finger then slow down to a crawl for no reason....
Old 02-21-2012, 05:48 PM   #20
5style
Hatters gon Hatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by daytona View Post
montreal drivers are good on the highway but in the city they are the chits.every thing you can think off that would pissed off a driver that obeys the rules of the road is there...how can anyone say montreal drivers are better than torontos...at least in toronto they take your lane then give you the finger but in montreal they take your lane,give you the finger then slow down to a crawl for no reason....
thank you.
Old 02-21-2012, 10:24 PM   #21
sirex
King Sirex

I find if you just stop caring the problem sorts itself out.
Old 02-21-2012, 11:21 PM   #22
Bimmer Heaven
MaXsponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirex View Post
I find if you just stop caring the problem sorts itself out.
I find if more people get shot or beat up, that works better! Its nice we cant have guns here, or i'll be in jail....Some people need to learn the hard way.
Most models E30 E36 E46 E90 E92 E93 E34 E39 E60 E32 E38 E65 E66 X3 X5 M3 M5 Z4

Etobicoke location opening mid June!!!!

Call 11-8PM 416 821-2578
New inventory daily. 50+ cars in stock!
Bimmer Heaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 02:10 AM   #23
propr'one
op sucks cock

Who said you can't have guns?

Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
Old 02-22-2012, 06:50 AM   #24
SickFinga

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiMMie View Post
Why would they move over. No one is enforcing the passing lane.

There is nothing to enforce. There is no "left lane is for passing only" in the Ontario Highway Act.

The only thing that we got regarding slow cars in the left lane is this

Quote:
Slow vehicles to travel on right side

147. (1) Any vehicle travelling upon a roadway at less than the normal speed of traffic at that time and place shall, where practicable, be driven in the right-hand lane then available for traffic or as close as practicable to the right hand curb or edge of the roadway. R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8, s. 147 (1).
The keyword here is "less than the normal speed of traffic"

So if someone is doing 120km/h with the flow of traffic and you are approaching the car at 140km/h, he/she is not breaking any laws by staying in the left lane.
SickFinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 07:19 AM   #25
radi0activem
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickFinga View Post
There is nothing to enforce. There is no "left lane is for passing only" in the Ontario Highway Act.
Yes there is, impeding traffic.

132. (1) No motor vehicle shall be driven on a highway at such a slow rate of speed as to impede or block the normal and reasonable movement of traffic thereon except when the slow rate of speed is necessary for safe operation having regard to all the circumstances. R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8, s. 132 (1).
radi0activem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 04:26 PM   #26
propr'one
op sucks cock

^^that doesn't say anything about the left lane.

Old 02-22-2012, 07:17 PM   #27
sirex
King Sirex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurostyle View Post
I find if more people get shot or beat up, that works better! Its nice we cant have guns here, or i'll be in jail....Some people need to learn the hard way.
too much stress to get mad over small things.
Old 02-22-2012, 07:35 PM   #28
SickFinga

Quote:
Originally Posted by radi0activem View Post
Yes there is, impeding traffic.

132. (1) No motor vehicle shall be driven on a highway at such a slow rate of speed as to impede or block the normal and reasonable movement of traffic thereon except when the slow rate of speed is necessary for safe operation having regard to all the circumstances. R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8, s. 132 (1).
This law exists so people wouldn't drive 50km/h on a highway. Like propr'one said, it has nothing to do with your lane choice.
SickFinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 08:41 PM   #29
sirex
King Sirex

You know honestly, there are assholes on both sides of the equation.

Im doing 120Km/h on the left lane, Im passing 3 cars that are on the middle lane, some what spaced out, but not enough to fit between them safely/NO point for me to switch lanes till ive passed all 3.

what happens? Some asshole comes and tail gates me.

Could I have switched over? YA, I guess so. Was it safe 100% for me to do that? Not really. Why not just chill for 20 seconds till I can safely make the pass and merge?

Then when I get passed the 3rd car before I can get to a safe length to merge to middle lane, the guy cuts out to pass me.

How is that safe?

Im not saying you do that. Im just saying the logic/the mentality is shared by many people, except that those people DONT KNOW how to use it properly.

The best is when they tail gate to pass and then they dont even blast by you, they continue at just 5km/h faster. I've never seen a left lane tailgater BLOW past me. When I see a tail gater doing 180/200km/h come up behind me, THEN I will switch lanes with urgency lol

Last edited by sirex; 02-22-2012 at 08:45 PM.
sirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 10:47 PM   #30
Sunny87
2nd Gear Member

I was always under the impressions that the HTA never provisioned a section to delegate left and right lane speed limits / passing. Instead, I think there's a false sense in most drivers that the left lane is a passing lane in which they can travel above the speed limit.

Should the Left lane passing rule be considered in legislature to be put into existence? Perhaps. However until then, you can't expect people to travel faster than the posted speed limit in the left lane unless you feel like paying for their tickets and their insurance premium hikes should they be caught by the OPP.
Sunny87 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: