Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-01-2015, 09:11 PM   #1
South
3rd Gear Member

e36 no heat blowing

I bled and bled and bled and bled, boooobles won't go away! Radiator leaking a tiny = the problem?
-heater core not blowing any heat. Since I got my car its never blown heat below 1.5k revs, but recently now it won't blow heat over 4k revs.

Heater core is fine I think, no coolant smell or coolant fog on windshield. Just thinking its clogged? How do I perform flush?
South is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 09:44 PM   #2
Fta_Dave
1st Gear Newbie

I had the same issue last week with my E46, disconnect the two 1" hoses going to the heater core and flush each with a garden hose on full, you should get full flow out of the opposite one. You will have to go back and forth a few times. Make sure the engine is cool or risk cracking the core. Black plastic came out of mine...suspect water pump impeller pieces.
Fta_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 03:12 PM   #3
RoccoI
1st Gear Newbie

My issue is driver side is hot, passenger side is just cold air no matter what I have the temp set to.
RoccoI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 12:51 AM   #4
Bimmers
///M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by South View Post
I bled and bled and bled and bled, boooobles won't go away! Radiator leaking a tiny = the problem?
-heater core not blowing any heat. Since I got my car its never blown heat below 1.5k revs, but recently now it won't blow heat over 4k revs.

Heater core is fine I think, no coolant smell or coolant fog on windshield. Just thinking its clogged? How do I perform flush?
Once you have a leak in the rad air will get into the cooling system and you will have this problem over and over,if you have a leak from your rad change it.IMO don't even think about sealing or using some stop leak product just change your rad!I have change mine 3 weeks ago had same issue(No heat in the cabin) + my car would start to overheat.
even when i bled the system in about a week or so the heat disappear and i get cold air instead.
have no problem with the heat since i replaced the radiator.

Last edited by Bimmers; 03-16-2015 at 12:54 AM.
Bimmers is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: