Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-15-2012, 12:21 PM   #46
5style
Hatters gon Hatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by damameke View Post
Guys the media reported HIS story and I believed the writer/repoter would say in his heart: "ya right", he probably did not believe his story either but had to report/write as it was fed to him by the scammer, like most of us. we dont believe his story.. pure scam.. and he was caught by Sham's dashboard camera......
Yeah that was a nice touch, reporting the perp's story and not the victims. They do the same thing with bill c-11, etc, we live governed like sheep with biases towards people with fear of "racism". I HATE that ****ing word. Every culture has their ways and that is NOT RACIST. My culture has its ways too, ITS LIFE.
Old 02-15-2012, 01:30 PM   #47
Jim .E.
E90 n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by damameke View Post
Guys the media reported HIS story and I believed the writer/repoter would say in his heart: "ya right", he probably did not believe his story either but had to report/write as it was fed to him by the scammer, like most of us. we dont believe his story.. pure scam.. and he was caught by Sham's dashboard camera......
this...pure sarcasm everywhere in the article
Jim .E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 02:06 PM   #48
SickFinga

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmdbley'sBro View Post
because the police dont care.

see - the cops didn't even want to see it.
Police really doesn't care about minor accident like that. When there is a little to no damage an officer just gives you an unreportable accident form where you write down you info and then they pass that form to the other driver. That's it. They don't get involved and they don't even decide who is at fault.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5style View Post
The roll back can be genuine, new cars roll super easy, that being said, you FEEL it.
I believe roll back was genuine and not intentional, but he did try to take an advantage of the situation by claiming it wasn't his fault.

Roll back happen and sometime you do not feel them, especially in traffic. I once almost rolled into a truck on 400 while I was stopped in traffic. When you start rolling back, sometime you get a feeling that you are stopped, but the cars that are beside you are moving forward. The truck behind me honked and I stopped. It was genuinely a WTF moment for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve30 View Post
Not to mention the driver of the Subaru also honked like 5 times!
He could've been blasting music, we don't know. I do believe he tried to scam $500 from the other guy though.
SickFinga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 02:33 PM   #49
SiR
Vtec just kicked in

that is a minor fendor bender if ive ever seen one.

its a minor accident and this guy is small time ...like it or not but its the truth.

thats why the cops didnt care.

they have bigger fish to fry, like charging people with street racing for going 50 over and giving out tickets for exhausts.
Old 02-15-2012, 03:07 PM   #50
BigD
the misanthropist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickFinga View Post
I believe roll back was genuine and not intentional, but he did try to take an advantage of the situation by claiming it wasn't his fault.

Roll back happen and sometime you do not feel them, especially in traffic. I once almost rolled into a truck on 400 while I was stopped in traffic. When you start rolling back, sometime you get a feeling that you are stopped, but the cars that are beside you are moving forward. The truck behind me honked and I stopped. It was genuinely a WTF moment for me.
+1 Having read the Star article I feel pretty bad for the guy. Granted it's still possible it's a scam but it's perfectly plausible that it was an honest mistake, and especially with a rear-end hit you're not tempted to be compromising. And as a result, his life must be pretty rough right now, with e-Thugs harassing him and his family.
Old 02-15-2012, 03:51 PM   #51
careless7
Drivin' new whips weekly

"He does, in fact, have a lengthy rap sheet of Highway Traffic Act offences 26 in four years but most are for licence plate issues and speeding, and he has no criminal history. He believes police stop him more frequently than others because they are suspicious of a young man of colour driving a nice car."
- The Star

I LOL'ed. Wow, the Star is playing into the race card too. The Internet is racist, cops are racist, Sham is a racist. C'mon man up you rolled into him, your extortion failed, you are an idiot driver under the HTA - man up and stop cryin' to the papers.

Meanwhile in Russia... same shit

http://ca.autoblog.com/2012/01/23/st...se-on-board-c/

Old 02-15-2012, 04:01 PM   #52
Steve30
Techno Viking

100% a scam... I have no sympathy for that guy. Right away he asks for money! As soon as he is notified about the camera his behavior changes. The sad thing is you need to be VERY careful out there. Unfortunately being a nice guy is risky these days. Most people are out there to make money and take advantage of someone. My dad got clipped by a guy on the 401 driving a cube van. He tried to scam my dad by saying he hit him... The police followed up and found out the guy had no license and was using his business to transport illegal immigrants!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigD View Post
+1 Having read the Star article I feel pretty bad for the guy. Granted it's still possible it's a scam but it's perfectly plausible that it was an honest mistake, and especially with a rear-end hit you're not tempted to be compromising. And as a result, his life must be pretty rough right now, with e-Thugs harassing him and his family.

E36 ///M3 S54
Steve30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 04:37 PM   #53
5style
Hatters gon Hatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by careless7 View Post
"He does, in fact, have a lengthy rap sheet of Highway Traffic Act offences 26 in four years but most are for licence plate issues and speeding, and he has no criminal history. He believes police stop him more frequently than others because they are suspicious of a young man of colour driving a nice car."
- The Star

I LOL'ed. Wow, the Star is playing into the race card too. The Internet is racist, cops are racist, Sham is a racist. C'mon man up you rolled into him, your extortion failed, you are an idiot driver under the HTA - man up and stop cryin' to the papers.

Meanwhile in Russia... same shit

http://ca.autoblog.com/2012/01/23/st...se-on-board-c/

This
Old 02-15-2012, 06:03 PM   #54
sirex
King Sirex

when I parallel park in tight spots I touch cars harder than that (OP)
Old 02-15-2012, 08:27 PM   #55
ericdalinda
6th Gear Member

lol WOW the star. I will try to avoid reading it when I can from now on.
ericdalinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 09:52 PM   #56
ChrisTO
∞ Gear Member

even in the shadows by the side of the road no brake lights went on at all. odd. does he use the ebrake to stop?
Old 02-16-2012, 05:08 AM   #57
iverson03tj
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodles101 View Post
he was also TAMIL.
Corrected
99% of "Srilankans"' in canada are tamil... But in Srilanka they are only 18% of the whole population Geography lesson 101
e36 328is - (m52)AA S/c'd, M50 Mani, 3.23 LSD, M3 Brakes, Zimmer rotors, hps pads, Racing Dynamic Strut Bar, Depos, m3 Bumper, Intake, Spal fan, poly RTABs, Eibach Swaybars, Koni yellow, Mishimoto Rad, Silicone hose, Alumi T-housing, Depo w/LED Angels, LED tails, 12' Alpine Type R, Suede head liner, LTW Low rise spoiler
PREVIOUS CARS
92' 325is (m52) - M3 conversion AA S/c'd
'97 Euro Estroil E36 M3 Vert (S50B32)
iverson03tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 05:25 AM   #58
iverson03tj
5th Gear Member

That is so bullsh*t so your telling me that the insurance believed that he didnt ask for money??? And its so obvious that he did back up, his 3rd brake light isnt in the glare of the sun and u can clearly see it never turned on! This shit happened to me and the son of a ***** actually totaled my civic which i just put in a b16 :@ in my case i was t boned, i was just driving down the road i see a car with there lights on and its stopped in a side street (where there is a stop sign only on his side) Then as im driving by ( my car was pretty loud tooo cuz of straight pipes) he smashes into my car and totals it while i have my family and a friend in the car!!!!! he came out the car and told me that it was my fault because i signaled him to turn onto my lane!!! for the longest time i was telling my insurance that there was no way he didnt see me! luckily for me a pedestrian saw the whole thing and gave a statement to the police, but i still ended up with a totaled car and a higher insurance!!!!!
I sometimes wonder why am i paying my taxes that go to a justice system that doesn't help the tax payer!!!!
e36 328is - (m52)AA S/c'd, M50 Mani, 3.23 LSD, M3 Brakes, Zimmer rotors, hps pads, Racing Dynamic Strut Bar, Depos, m3 Bumper, Intake, Spal fan, poly RTABs, Eibach Swaybars, Koni yellow, Mishimoto Rad, Silicone hose, Alumi T-housing, Depo w/LED Angels, LED tails, 12' Alpine Type R, Suede head liner, LTW Low rise spoiler
PREVIOUS CARS
Old 02-16-2012, 10:00 AM   #59
5style
Hatters gon Hatt

yeah its bullshit man. Get a cam only proof is film
Old 02-16-2012, 11:32 AM   #60
iverson03tj
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5style View Post
yeah its bullshit man. Get a cam only proof is film
apparently even that's enough, next time i gotta get a video recorder and a wireless mic too!
PREVIOUS CARS

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: