Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-14-2012, 12:00 PM   #16
Colombian
2nd Gear Newbie

what an a$$!! i cant believe he actually rolled back on the highway. No wonder why my insurance goes up every two months. U should forward thsi video to all insurance companies. One of them probably got scammed by this dude.. they get them back big time for you if you got proff like that.. I would also consider a law suit if he actually called the police and pressed charges... his actions were done on purpose so his credibility is down the trash in court !
Colombian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 12:11 PM   #17
cisco911
6th Gear Member

I honestly wouldn't have said I had the camera. I would have let him file the paperwork with the insurance saying that I hit him and then sent the video to the insurance company and have him charged with Fraud. That way his a$$ would be dropped from insurance want won't be able to insure his neon-light filled POS!
Old 02-14-2012, 12:11 PM   #18
Jim .E.
E90 n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colombian View Post
what an a$$!! i cant believe he actually rolled back on the highway. No wonder why my insurance goes up every two months. U should forward thsi video to all insurance companies. One of them probably got scammed by this dude.. they get them back big time for you if you got proff like that.. I would also consider a law suit if he actually called the police and pressed charges... his actions were done on purpose so his credibility is down the trash in court !
Users on RFD have forwarded it to TheStar, CP24, Breakfast Television, A-Channel, you name it. Up to them to cover it or not.
Jim .E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 12:18 PM   #19
noodles101
ΛΦΕ

^^ ya i saw that too, LOL i hope they air it hahahaa

should send one to MTV ...LOL they r gunna rip on him soo bad on mtv.. lolz.
Old 02-14-2012, 12:54 PM   #20
Colombian
2nd Gear Newbie

I think this post should be linked to the sighting forum.. everytime u see this fool give him the finger !
Old 02-14-2012, 01:57 PM   #21
5style
Hatters gon Hatt

This scumbags address 91 Elliottglenn Drive in Ajax.
Old 02-14-2012, 02:05 PM   #22
BMW BMXer
Wants a 350 Blazer.

Send a message via ICQ to BMW BMXer Send a message via AIM to BMW BMXer Send a message via MSN to BMW BMXer Send a message via Yahoo to BMW BMXer
Quote:
Originally Posted by propr'one View Post
I don't understand how people get away with doing this so much. Don't the insurance co start asking questions when buddy gets rear ended on a semi-monthly basis?
Well if people pay cash to get out of it then he could do it 6 or so times, report 1.

Repeat.

Stanceiseverything.com
BMW BMXer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 02:07 PM   #23
Colombian
2nd Gear Newbie

hahhaha it made the news... i just saw it on sympatico when i logged off from hotmail !!!
Old 02-14-2012, 02:30 PM   #24
bmdbley'sBro
wouldu like some tinfoil?

Quote:
Originally Posted by propr'one View Post
I don't understand how people get away with doing this so much. Don't the insurance co start asking questions when buddy gets rear ended on a semi-monthly basis?
because the police dont care.

Quote:
Dashboard camera catches alleged fraud
A YouTube video of an alleged car crash scam that took place on Toronto's Highway 401 is getting a lot of attention.

In the video, captured via a $40 dashboard-mounted camera, you can see a black Acura TSX slow to a stop in the middle of the 401's eastbound lanes.

The car appears to back up (though the reverse lamps don't light up) and hits the bumper of the filming car, despite the loud, sustained horn-honks of its driver.

The video uploader, "heapproductionz," says the video was shot February 9, 2012, and captures a case of attempted fraud.

After both cars pull over to the side of the road, the uploader explains in the video's captions that the driver of the Acura asked him for $500 to pay off the damages, and threatened to call the police if he didn't comply.

It's at this point the uploader tells the alleged scammer he's caught the whole thing on film, and encourages him to call the police so he can show them the footage. The Acura's driver called the Ontario Provincial Police, apparently because he figured the dash-cam setup was illegal. (It's not.)

Heapproductionz says after showing the unedited footage to his insurance company the police didn't care to see it because it was a minor accident he was found not at fault.

Sometimes it pays to have a dashboard camera.

http://autos.sympatico.ca/auto-news/...ught-on-camera
see - the cops didn't even want to see it.
Old 02-14-2012, 03:37 PM   #25
Jim .E.
E90 n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colombian View Post
hahhaha it made the news... i just saw it on sympatico when i logged off from hotmail !!!
Sympatico
MSN
Youtube
Car Forums
Reddit
RFD
Facebook

that's all fine and dandy, but it has to hit major news stations in the GTA before "mission accomplished".
Jim .E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 04:30 PM   #26
5style
Hatters gon Hatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim .E. View Post
Sympatico
MSN
Youtube
Car Forums
Reddit
RFD
Facebook

that's all fine and dandy, but it has to hit major news stations in the GTA before "mission accomplished".
It won't . Imagine, people standing up for their rights!!! The horror!
Old 02-14-2012, 05:27 PM   #27
damameke
6th Gear Member

I just cant imagine the police didnt care, this is a fraud, its not a minor fender bender...
no wonder scammers were getting away...and the insurance should look into the family business, if a son is scamming, it speaks volume on their business...
damameke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 06:25 PM   #28
sirex
King Sirex

yep, thats the times we live in.

people should pay this guy a visit at his home.
Old 02-14-2012, 07:13 PM   #29
noodles101
ΛΦΕ

lol im pretty sure this guy is already on 4chan and every internet forum possible..

i would frozen paintball the shit out of his house...LOL jkjk.
Old 02-14-2012, 07:31 PM   #30
dbworld4k
Addict

Funny. The stereotypes about that population happen to be proved right again and again... I hope this guys get's some good ol' fashioned vigilante justice as the cops are useless yet again.

and LOL @ the ortho clinic. Another front for scams. Wow. Don't even get me started on this shit.

'02 ///M5 Imola Red / Imola Red '09 335i Alpine White / Coral Red
dbworld4k is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: